Anderson and Hargrove Re-sign.

^_^

Hargrove will probably survive camp. I'm not so sure about Anderson. Anyhoo better than not singing them.

Bills retain DT Anderson, DE Hargrove

NFL.com wire reports

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (April 17, 2007) --The Buffalo Bills have retained restricted free agent defensive linemen Tim Anderson and Anthony Hargrove. Both players accepted Buffalo's tender offers for the upcoming season.

Anderson, the Bills' third-round pick in the 2004 draft, has been a part-time starter at defensive tackle over the past two seasons. He finished with 38 tackles in 15 games last year, but was surpassed on the team's depth chart by the emergence of rookie Kyle Williams.

Hargrove, acquired in a trade with St. Louis in October, is a three-year NFL veteran who finished with 25 tackles and a sack in 10 games with Buffalo. The defensive end's best game came when he had six tackles in Buffalo's season-finale against Baltimore.

They didn't "re-sign". They accepted their RFA tender

Which means they were offered a 1 year contract by the Bills. If another team signed them, the Bills would have the right to match the offer or receive a draft pick determined by the tender amount

Which means they were offered a 1 year contract by the Bills. If another team signed them, the Bills would have the right to match the offer or receive a draft pick determined by the tender amount

Sorry Mr. Nitpicky. I'll do better next time. ^_^

I don't think that's right. The Bills had placed the tender on them, which meant that if any team had signed them they would have had to offer compensation.

By accepting the tender, these guys are officially under contract for another year now. Other teams can no longer sign them.

I may be reading that wrong, but it wouldn't make sense to update the fact that tenders were placed on them. That's old news.

Wrong. They were not under a signed contract to play for the Bills. The Bills had an exclusive RIGHT to tender an offer with a right of first refusal on to match all other offers. A tender is not a contract. These players were not under contract until today, when they SIGNED their tendered offers and became Bills again. Hence, they were re-signed.