Rumor has it that the Eagles are shopping RB Ryan Moats.

They do an awful lot of passing to the RBs out of the backfield. Could he be a compliment to A-Train? I don't know too much about him so I'm just asking. Anyone who is familiar with the Eagles and/or Moats please contribute some insight.

They do an awful lot of passing to the RBs out of the backfield. Could he be a compliment to A-Train? I don't know too much about him so I'm just asking. Anyone who is familiar with the Eagles and/or Moats please contribute some insight.

Hes a heck of ST player. NOTHING MORE THAN A 6th imo.

From Scouts Inc.

2007 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 67 | Key

Alert: None

Comment:

Moats is well-built, shifty and somewhat versatile. He has excellent quickness through the hole. He has good lateral agility and an extra gear in the open field. He can jump-cut with very little wasted motion. He gains most of his yards by making defenders miss. He has good hands, works hard as a blocker and has upside in both areas. But Moats needs experience to improve his instincts and technique. He doesn't show great feel as a runner. His vision and patience need work. He dances too much and needs to learn that he won't score on every run. He is undersized and lacks power between the tackles. He won't push the pile or break a lot of tackles. He needs to show better focus as a receiver and find more holes in coverage on check-down throws. He doesn't always see the blitz coming in pass protection.

This is the Scouts Inc take on him prior to the 2005 Draft

Ryan Moats

RB | (5'8", 210, 4.46) | LOUISIANA TECH

Scouts Grade: 69

Flags: (B: BULK/SIZE) Lacks size/bulk for position

Strengths: Is a tough and shifty back. Shows good instincts, reads blocks fairly well and has the lateral mobility to cut back when the opportunity presents itself. Runs bigger than size indicates. Runs with good pad level, shows good balance and can bounce of arm tackles. Fights to pick up yards after contact, is built well and plays with good intensity. Has the burst to turn the corner and is elusive in the open field. Has very good quickness and above average top-end speed. Shows good focus when the ball is in the air and rarely drops passes that he should catch. While lacks the bulk to anchor in pass protection, shows good awareness, isn't afraid to throw cut blocks and does an adequate job of picking up the blitz. Has excellent work ethic, is a leader on the field and should only get better with added experience.

Weaknesses: Lacks prototypical bulk, there is some concern about ability to carry a heavy workload and may never be an every-down back. Doesn't have great lower body strength, has some problems pushing the pile and doesn't project as a great short-yardage runner despite effort. Didn't catch the ball much in college and doesn't run great routes. Although tough and has played through pain hindered by nagging injuries at the collegiate level and lack of ideal size makes durability somewhat of an issue.

Overall: Moats played in twelve games as a true freshman in 2002 providing depth and contributing on special teams. He started ten of the twelve games he played in during the 2003 season rushing 199 times for 1,300 yards and ten touchdowns. Moats caught 27 passes for 251 yards and a touchdown that year. He started twelve games in 2004 rushing 288 times for 1,864 yards and eighteen touchdowns. Moats also caught 15 passes for 116 yards and a touchdown last year. Moats he is a quicker and fast back that needs to improve as a receiver out of the backfield but he has the potential to develop into a quality change-of-pace back in the NFL. Moats is instinctive, he shows good burst through the hole and he is a willing blocker in pass protection. There's a lot to love about his toughness and he really does run a lot harder than his size indicates, but the diminutive back will have trouble becoming anything more than a situational contributor at the next level. As a result, Moats is worth drafting late on Day 1 or early on Day 2, but not any higher.

he's only logged 15 games in 2 NFL seasons, He's got 347 yards on the ground and only 4 receptions for 7 yards in his career. If they are shopping him, I wouldnt give anything but maybe a late day 2 pick

I ws in Phily over the summer and i asked some fans about this kid they said hes god awful and a waste of a roster sopt. no thanks

Ok, I can accept that. I didn't know much about him and was under the impression that he was expendable because he was too much like Westbrook and Buckhalter. Well, it's back to the drawing board.

Ok, I can accept that. I didn't know much about him and was under the impression that he was expendable because he was too much like Westbrook and Buckhalter. Well, it's back to the drawing board.

back to the drawing board??? you creating your own rumors? ^_^:D

back to the drawing board??? you creating your own rumors? ^_^:D

Rumors?? What are you talking about? I asked for some input on a RB to see if he would be a good addition. I'm just trying to figure out, like everybody else, what we are going to do or add at the RB position. I thought at one time that we were going to get Chris Brown, hoped to get Turner and now it looks like it will be coming from the draft. I guess that when I said back to the drawing board it's in reference to trying to figure out who we will be drafting because that looks to be really the only valid solution at this point.

Rumors?? What are you talking about? I asked for some input on a RB to see if he would be a good addition. I'm just trying to figure out, like everybody else, what we are going to do or add at the RB position. I thought at one time that we were going to get Chris Brown, hoped to get Turner and now it looks like it will be coming from the draft. I guess that when I said back to the drawing board it's in reference to trying to figure out who we will be drafting because that looks to be really the only valid solution at this point.

Rumor has it that the Eagles are shopping RB Ryan Moats

That was what I was referencing....

Moats is super fast. When he got his only significant chunk of playing time a few years ago, he had several 40+ yard runs in limited carries.

If we could get him for a laaaate round draft pick, why not?