My Mock Draft with Trades

marck

I believe we are at the point in this pre-draft period to be able to seperate the truth from the mis-information being put out.

Based on what I feel is happening here is my mock draft:

1. Oakland - JaMarcus Russell - QB

2. Tampa Bay - Calvin Johnson - WR - Obtained by trading their 2nd round pick to Detroit

3. Cleveland - Adrian Peterson - RB

4. Detroit - Gaines Adams - DE

5. New England - Leron Landry - FS - Trade Asante Samuel to Arizona for a swap of this pick and Arizona getting NE's pick at 28

6. Miami - Brady Quinn- QB Dolphins trade their 40th pick in the 2nd round to Washington to move back 3 spots

7. Minnesota - Jamaal Anderson DE - Wanted Landry or Quinn - Screwed by trades made by NE & Miami, may also select Ted Ginn

8. Atlanta - Joe Thomas - OT - Falcon's can't believe he dropped this far

9. Washington - Amobi Okoye - DT - Dropped down, got the player they wanted and added a 2nd round pick

10. Houston - Leon Hall - CB

11. San Francisco - DE/DT - Adam Carricker

12- Buffalo - Patrick Willis - LB -

I also feel that the Bills should talk to Washington about acquiring Clinton Portis as they have and like LaDell Betts and he is a better fit for Gibb's offense. Portis could be outstanding in Buffalo and since the Skins are still short on draft picks and have many holes to fill. I would offer our late 3rd and 4th to the Skins for Portis. In the 2nd round I would select either Brandon Siler or David Harris to add more players to the LB corp and with our early 3rd round pick select Fred Bennett, the CB from South Carolina.

Day One Summary - Add Patrick Willis and Siler or Harris to bolster the LB corps, bring on a quality corner with great measurables and get a franchise RB in Portis.

Questions and comments are always welcome.

I like us picking Patrick Willis. But Clinton Portis is another U product that is a headache plus coming of a injury. I wouldn't want to give up our draft picks for this guy. I would rather sign Chris Brown rather than giving up draft picks. Plus, I think the Redskins plan to use a 2 back system this year like the successful teams of the past few years.

I based this thought on the fact that the Bills need a RB to complete their offense and the Redskins have a need for picks in the 3rd and 4th rounds to fill holes they have.

Salary cap availability also needs to be taken into consideration. The Bills have cash to cap to cover his salary and the Skins are always very tight under the cap and this would allow them to move the salary off their books.

Portis is coming into his 6th year with no past injury history with the exception of last year.

Lastly, the point is if the trade offer was made at the end of last year - McGhaee for Portis, would you have made the trade?

If the answer is yes, then trading a 3 & 4 is about the same as receiving a 3 this year and a 3 next year.

Very interesting... I think that Portis is a stretch though. Don't expect Clinton Portis in a Bills uniform any time soon.

I really wish posters that predict trades in round one would check first with posters on other teams message boards to see if these trades are even possible. It takes two to tangle.

It's a mock draft for crying out loud, all for shts and giggles. Nothing more, nothing less. And what makes you think a poster on another message board would know whether or not a trade is possible. Oh, and its two to tango not tangle.

Kelly,

Why waste your time with posters from other sites as for the most part they are fans like all of us on this board. My opinion is based on team needs after free agency and what each team can do to fill those needs.

What trade in what I have said seems to not be possible?

Tampa to trade their 1st choice in the 2nd round to move up two spots. Very logical based on having a later pick in the 2nd round to use to fill their need at DE.

Arizona's biggest need is at CB and the Patriots will not pay Samual, Nate Clements money so their best move to to exchange picks with Arizona, get the best safety prospect and retian their later pick to draft a replacement CB.

Washington needs picks and has a gaping hole on the defensive line, they can trade down if Quinn is available and still get the DT of their choice.

How are any of these projections illogical? I think by keeping team bias out of the picture and thinking purely on needs allows a well thought post like the one I posted.

I really wish posters that predict trades in round one would check first with posters on other teams message boards to see if these trades are even possible. It takes two to tangle.

I highly doubt there are going to be three trades in the 1st 10 picks. Here is my mock:

1.) Raiders - Russell

2.) Tampa - Calvin Johnson (trade up with Detroit)

3.) Cleveland - Brady Quinn - The only way they pass on Quinn is that Romeo Crennel is worried about his job & needs production out of his 1st rounder this year. In that case they take AP, Im sticking with Quinn for now.

4.) Detroit - Joe Thomas

5.) Arizona - Okoye

6.) Washington - Gaines Adams

7.) Minnesota - Landry

8.) Atlanta - J Anderson

9.) Miami - Alan Branch

10.) Houston - Hall

11.) SF - Willis

12.) Bills - Adrian Peterson. & Marv gives the big FU to that Old Prick AJ Smith.

6. Miami - Brady Quinn- QB Dolphins trade their 40th pick in the 2nd round to Washington to move back 3 spots

If you look at the draft chart, pick 40 is way too much to move up 3 spots there. Their 3rd round pick is much more equal value. It could even be the 60th pick. No way they give up the 40th pick to move up 3 spots.