Never ask the Queen where the toilet is

millbank

"Madam...I am the Queen of England! I shyt and piss whereever I please and my lackeys handle the detritus. We do not HAVE bathrooms in the Castle!"

I just remembered the scene from History Of The World Part1 with the piss boy when I read your comment.

do you mean "the lou"?

We called them lavatories in grade school... He might have said latrine?... That is the military term?...

Probably not "lou"... Didn't that term start in England during the Middle Ages? The commoners would throw the waste out into the gutter/streets and would yell that term so people could watch out... And then there were ones to come and collect it... ^_^

What is wild is castle life during that time... You know you really hit rock bottom when your sole job was the castle "dung farmer." :D

Any help here our resident English blokes? ;)

I think that is how it got started?

We called them lavatories in grade school... He might have said latrine?... That is the military term?...

Probably not "lou"... Didn't that term start in England during the Middle Ages? The commoners would throw the waste out into the gutter/streets and would yell that term so people could watch out... And then there were ones to come and collect it... :wallbash:

What is wild is castle life during that time... You know you really hit rock bottom when your sole job was the castle "dung farmer." <_<

Any help here our resident English blokes? :lol:

I think that is how it got started?

english term is "the loo" sic