Leon Hall is the pick

Sure, I know we need a CB and Hall probably is the best all-around CB in this draft who also fits our D very well, but damn, I HATE 1ST ROUND CORNERS WHO DON"T GET RE-SIGNED OR EXTENDED!!!!! Watch it happen people, I hope Bill survives this draft...............

Sure, I know we need a CB and Hall probably is the best all-around CB in this draft who also fits our D very well, but damn, I HATE 1ST ROUND CORNERS WHO DON"T GET RE-SIGNED OR EXTENDED!!!!! Watch it happen people, I hope Bill survives this draft...............

So you don't want a great CB drafted because he'll eventually leave?! :thumbsup:

Honestly, I don't think any CB in this draft is top 20 material. I don't think Hall has "great" potential, but will most likely get paid like it when he is allowed to hit the open market. I'd like a RB or DT myself as I don't believe any LB's are top 20 material either, with the exception of Willis, who is borderline top 20 but will go higher because of his pro day 40.

Honestly, I don't think any CB in this draft is top 20 material. I don't think Hall has "great" potential, but will most likely get paid like it when he is allowed to hit the open market. I'd like a RB or DT myself as I don't believe any LB's are top 20 material either, with the exception of Willis, who is borderline top 20 but will go higher because of his pro day 40.

I agree. The Corners and LB's in this draft arent top quality for upper 1st round picks. Willis is the exception, but I'm not totally sold on him yet. I think he COULD be a stud, but still have some doubts.

Carriker really makes you wonder. He might turn out good but I get the feeling he'll end up just another guy. I'm on the Peterson or Okoye bandwagon myself, but still have some red flag feelings about both of them as well. I hope we strike it big and the guy we end up with really makes a big impact!!!

Carriker really makes you wonder. He might turn out good but I get the feeling he'll end up just another guy. I'm on the Peterson or Okoye bandwagon myself, but still have some red flag feelings about both of them as well. I hope we strike it big and the guy we end up with really makes a big impact!!!

Sez here that Carriker will be a stud. He's everything Levy says makes a great player, Smart, high character and self motivated. He can play any position on the line. He's the run stuffer this line desperately needs.

-Hall was exposed by Ginn Jr. and Jarrett in his last two games. He had 2 chances to prove what he could do and was smoked. He fits Cover 2 but I don't want him at 12. I agree that I don't think a CB is worthy of a top 20 pick this year, but you know at least 2 of them will be taken.

-I don't think we need Carriker either. We already have Schobel, Kelsay, and Denney who are the same type of player. He is better suited for the 3-4.

-If Peterson and Willis are gone, I'd feel better trading down and grabbing a CB.

I will survive, because this is exactly what I expect, just like when I predicted after day 1 last year that Levy wasn't done with defensive backs.

Looking at your signature as well as your other posts in this thread, you are the one who seems to be pretty mixed up. Let's see.......

It is OK to draft corners and watch them walk when their contract is up, ability notwithstanding.

A first round guard would be OK with you.

You like Peterson and Okoye, but you have "red flag feelings."

You don't think Hall is top 20 material.

You don't think Hall has the potential to be great.

You are fine with drafting Hall at #12 because he "fits our system." (Silly me, I thought that star players might help our system too!) :thumbsup:

Either way, have a nice day.

I'm a Jonathan Wade fan and think he'll be available late in the first day. He's fast as can be, and has a major upside, given that he started out as a WR and switched to CB. I think we'd be wise to go for him with a 3 pick if we can. The number one pick should be whoever is left of Willis, Okoye or Peterson.