My mock draft

NewEra

I've seen many draft strategies for the Bills. Theres one strategy that really makes me think we have a chance to compete for a championship in the next couple years.

(player A/player B)= player A being the 1st choice, though may not be there for us to draft. player B should be there for sure.

ROUND 1: Adrian Peterson/Marshawn Lynch RB

IMO Running back is our biggest need. The difference between AP/ML compared to the other running backs is much greater then the difference between Patrick Willis and siler/harris. Hence, my decision to take the RB.

ROUND 2:: Brandon Siler/David Harris LB

I saw siler and harris a lot in action the last 2 years. Both look like potential leaders for our defense.

ROUND 3: Tanard Jackson/Eric Wright CB

Jackson is tough and good vs the run, just as we like them. Living in vegas I saw wright play a few times...he pretty $%$& good.

ROUND 3: Justin Durant/Tim Shaw LB

With all the hype surrounding Durant, i doubt he will be here, but I'd be very happy with Shaw. Seems like a great fit.

ROUND 4: Courtney Taylor/Paul Williams WR

Taylor is big and likes to block. Good routes and over the middle. Paul Williams has the skills for a 1st/2nd rounder. attitude needs help, but he's got serious skills.

ROUND 6: Ben Patrick/Clark Harris TE

Patrick has been getting hype, but praying he falls to us, if not, Harris is a dependable receiver(wont step out of bounds b4 he gets 2 feet down in the game determining our season) and decent blocker, good size.

ROUND 7:Cory Anderson FB

Probably the best blocking FB in the draft, may not be there in the 7th

ROUND 7:Doug Datish/Dan Mozes C/G

Both can play multiple positions. I could have fantasized about some great talent falling to the 7th and taking him. But even if that talent did fall, we wouldnt take him.

While I think Patrick Willis may be the best player to help our team THIS year, I believe the RB in the 1st round gives us a better chance in the long run. Siler/Harris may not have the impact Willis does this year, but 2 years from now will be impact MLB's. The RB's we would be selecting in the 2nd round are all big risks. I wouldnt feel confidant knowing they would be the starting RB for the next several years. Peterson and Lynch(talk about his attitude all you want, the kid is a stud) can take our Offense to the next level.

Though I did read a post the other day regarding taking Alan Branch #1 and Kalil #2 that made me think. I am a big believer that the OL and DL win championships. Adding them to our lines could make both top notch. If we could take them and somehow land pittman and durant/siler/harris in the 3rd round, that would be ideal.

Regardless of how all this turns out, at least we are all entertained by the possibilities. Its gonna be fun, especially if peterson falls to #6, I could see us making a deal with the redskins(they only have 1 day 1 pick) to get him.

But this is what I expect to hear on draft day

With the 12th pick in this years NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select Paul Posluszny, Linebacker, Penn State University.

Then I smash my buddy sitting next to me with a beer bottle because hes laughing at me, and ask Marv WHY?!?!? I think poz will be good, but not a good selection in this year draft at number 12.

Nice draft! I posted a topic a week ago (http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=62764&hl=)listing what I thought were our top needs. We seem to agree RB, LB and CB come first. I also concluded another LB was our next most pressing need, so we seem to agree on Day 1.

Where we differ is that I think getting another RB / FB and another Center/Guard is a higher priority than you. My "surprise pick" is a DE on the second day. Also, we really need another safety since Bowen was released. We may find a "new" (FA) Bowen instead of drafting another this year, so you may be right.

I was suprised you selected a WR in the 4th. Do you really think Courtney Taylor or Paul Williams could beat out Price and Parrish for the #2 receiver position? I don't know much about eithre of these guys but your description of Taylor makes him sound like Aiken (who is going into the final year of his contract I might add).

I've seen many draft strategies for the Bills. Theres one strategy that really makes me think we have a chance to compete for a championship in the next couple years.

(player A/player B)= player A being the 1st choice, though may not be there for us to draft. player B should be there for sure.

IMO Running back is our biggest need. The difference between AP/ML compared to the other running backs is much greater then the difference between Patrick Willis and siler/harris. Hence, my decision to take the RB.

I saw siler and harris a lot in action the last 2 years. Both look like potential leaders for our defense.

Jackson is tough and good vs the run, just as we like them. Living in vegas I saw wright play a few times...he pretty $%$& good.

With all the hype surrounding Durant, i doubt he will be here, but I'd be very happy with Shaw. Seems like a great fit.

Taylor is big and likes to block. Good routes and over the middle. Paul Williams has the skills for a 1st/2nd rounder. attitude needs help, but he's got serious skills.

Patrick has been getting hype, but praying he falls to us, if not, Harris is a dependable receiver(wont step out of bounds b4 he gets 2 feet down in the game determining our season) and decent blocker, good size.

Both can play multiple positions. I could have fantasized about some great talent falling to the 7th and taking him. But even if that talent did fall, we wouldnt take him.

While I think Patrick Willis may be the best player to help our team THIS year, I believe the RB in the 1st round gives us a better chance in the long run. Siler/Harris may not have the impact Willis does this year, but 2 years from now will be impact MLB's. The RB's we would be selecting in the 2nd round are all big risks. I wouldnt feel confidant knowing they would be the starting RB for the next several years. Peterson and Lynch(talk about his attitude all you want, the kid is a stud) can take our Offense to the next level.

Though I did read a post the other day regarding taking Alan Branch #1 and Kalil #2 that made me think. I am a big believer that the OL and DL win championships. Adding them to our lines could make both top notch. If we could take them and somehow land pittman and durant/siler/harris in the 3rd round, that would be ideal.

Regardless of how all this turns out, at least we are all entertained by the possibilities. Its gonna be fun, especially if peterson falls to #6, I could see us making a deal with the redskins(they only have 1 day 1 pick) to get him.

With the 12th pick in this years NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select Paul Posluszny, Linebacker, Penn State University.

Then I smash my buddy sitting next to me with a beer bottle because hes laughing at me, and ask Marv WHY?!?!? I think poz will be good, but not a good selection in this year draft at number 12.

A solid and realistic draft but to me the gap between Willis and Siler/Harris is far greater than the gap between Lynch and Pittman/Irons and why feel be better going LB first and RB second.

A solid and realistic draft but to me the gap between Willis and Siler/Harris is far greater than the gap between Lynch and Pittman/Irons and why feel be better going LB first and RB second.

You're entitled to your opinion. if we were to have that same draft and swap out willis and pittman/b. jackson I'd be happy, but my preference is the RB in round 1. I dont believe in M.Bush, T.Hunt, L. Booker or any of the other propects. Pittman and Jackson look like players.

I like that draft but I really think Willis is the pick at 12 if he is available. I think the Bills would have to trade up for a shot at Peterson. So here is my draft

Round 1 - (12) Patrick Willis MLB

If we pass on this guy I think it would be a major mistake.

Round 2 - (43) Kenny Irons RB

A good complement to Thomas

Round 3 - (74) Daymeion Hughes CB

His draft stock has slipped because of his poor 40 time, but would make a great player for our Tampa 2 scheme.

- (92) Aundrae Allison WR

Great speed and is willing to make tough catch over the middle

Round 4 - (111) Doug Free OT

Left tackle with long arms to protect Losman

I like that draft but I really think Willis is the pick at 12 if he is available. I think the Bills would have to trade up for a shot at Peterson. So here is my draft

Round 1 - (12) Patrick Willis MLB

If we pass on this guy I think it would be a major mistake.

Round 2 - (43) Kenny Irons RB

A good complement to Thomas

Round 3 - (74) Daymeion Hughes CB

His draft stock has slipped because of his poor 40 time, but would make a great player for our Tampa 2 scheme.

- (92) Aundrae Allison WR

Great speed and is willing to make tough catch over the middle

Round 4 - (111) Doug Free OT

Left tackle with long arms to protect Losman

I like yours too. I loved Irons 2 years ago, but this year, he didnt like the same runner. I didnt see the "make ya miss" moves I did in the past. He has really narrow shoulders too, not much room to get bigger.

good draft, but i have a feeling that we have to pick Willis, Peterson, or Okoye whichever drops. Of course our pick in round one will have a profound effect on the next three picks. We get Willis, for instance..running back, corner and wide receiver or second linebacker might be the way to go, or we might even take Justin Harrell DT in round two and go for RB and Corner in three.

We get Okoye I think we get the best linebacker or rb available at two and fill out with the third round picks...We get Peterson, I see us getting a LB at two and CB/WR at three.

Just a heads up, but Pat Kirwin and Tim Ryan on Sirius NFL Radio had questions concerning Allison because he has a problem with "FBI".... football intelligence! I'm thinking that professional playbooks might be a chore for him?! As an athlete he is all that front offices should look for though, IMO.

I think you hit on the key in your post to figuring out what the Bills Might do. They said as much last year. The Bills evaluate different draft combinations like you did to see which helps the team more. Willis then Irons lets say, or Lynch and Harris/syler. Marv said thats what he likes to do.

Question is, which combination does Marv like?

Sleeper at WR. Jacoby Jones 6'3 210 pound wideout from DII Lane College (4.49 forty). From what I read he is a crisp route runner with reliable hands. He also played basketball and track in college. He would need work, but I think he is worth a shot in the 4th or 5th. We need a big receiver who can go up and get the ball.

Sleeper at WR. Jacoby Jones 6'3 210 pound wideout from DII Lane College (4.49 forty). From what I read he is a crisp route runner with reliable hands. He also played basketball and track in college. He would need work, but I think he is worth a shot in the 4th or 5th. We need a big receiver who can go up and get the ball.

I like Jones too, but he has been rising faster than almost anyone in the draft. I wouldnt be suprised if he got taken in the 2nd or 3rd