If we draft Willis I don't think he'll be our MLB but our WLB.

This is 100% correct according to what I've heard on the NFL Network. The idea is that with Willis' speed and playmaking ability that you want to put him on the weak-side so he can use his speed to make plays. They used Derrick Brooks and Lance Briggs as an example. Then in four or five years he could move to the inside and be the "QB of the defense".

Isn't the "fly in the ointment" the fact that Keith Ellison is slated for the weak side, or are we inserting a better talent with Ellison backing up? Hence the next question.... who plays the strong side in this scenario? Maybe the Bills opt to draft Stewart Bradley, as an example at SOLB!

This is 100% correct according to what I've heard on the NFL Network. The idea is that with Willis' speed and playmaking ability that you want to put him on the weak-side so he can use his speed to make plays. They used Derrick Brooks and Lance Briggs as an example. Then in four or five years he could move to the inside and be the "QB of the defense".

that may be true in a tradional defense.

Willis will play MLB for the Bills for 2 bnasic reasons:

1. I fhe plays weakside, you put Ellison on the bench creating another hole

2. More importantly, in the Bills coer-2, They need a LB in the Urlacher mode who has great speed and range in order to force the run and get deep in pass coverage. The traditional run plugger at MLB does not work in the cover-2.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/s...-nfl-rumor-mill

Somebody already has posted about this but I couldn't find it. If the mods can maybe they can merge it. It's a good thing that Crowell did pack on some lbs. If we do in fact draft Willis then I fully expect Crowell to go in the inside LB position.

Stupid me! Hey mods, I just found the original post, it was Pyrite Gal's Approaching the Willis as starting MLB from a different direction thread. Maybe this post should be merged with it.