Finally!!!

USMCBillsFan

I don't know the law, but considering how many dollars the innocent have to spend on legal fees, true justice in all "Prosecutor gone wild" cases should include restitution of all legal fees to the accused. If the law is truly "innocent until proven guilty", then all innocent should not have to pay legal fees when a prosecutor decides to make a name for himself. If the burden of proof is truly on the prosecution, then the price of presenting a case where the defendant is found not guilty should not include the financial ruin of the defendant. If the municipalities had to pay for all not guilty verdicts, maybe they would be a little more careful before they present cases for trial. I can't imagine what it would be like to be falsely accused of a crime and have to go bankrupt in order to prove it. If your government wants to hire prosecutors who either pursue too many cases or are too incompetent to win the case, it should have to hold the defendants harmless. Not guilty & financially ruined just isn't justice.

The fed union I belong to has just those rules in our contract... Loser pays!