Crappy places you've never been.....

ieatcrayonz

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i couldn't imagine the emotions that would hit you while visiting there, it has to be unreal....I know how i feel when i visit things like the Vietnam Wall....wow!

I felt physically nauseus. Many girls were running out of the entrance crying hysterically. One particular thing that hit me hard- you can view some graffiti in the cells by the prisoners. One death camp resident was a skilled artist and carved a picture of himself, with a tear in his eye, he had a big heart drawn, and in his heart he drawed his daughter and wife, and a crucifix. Very heartbreaking. When you see the conditions they lived in and all the faces its makes you physically ill. I saw the oven and 3 destroyed gas chambers. The Germans tried to hide the atrocities when they realized they had lost the war. They blew up 2 of the gas chambers, the 3rd was destroyed by some heroic workers- who saved many, many but got executed when caught. Birkenau is so huge. It is scary seeing the end of the train tracks and the vastness of the death camp. Two things stuck me- I didnt see any wild life in the camp. No birds, nothing. Its as if all of nature is respectful of the lives lost. And there is a big town built up all around the camp. Some people look out their back window an look at Birkenau. Sickening