Nappy Headed Ho's

Article from Dave Zirin (edgeofsports.com):

I would gladly exchange winning a national championship if we, as young ladies, would stand and allow the country to somehow be empowered and that we take back our country..."

Which just shows how delusional she and everyone else is on the "issue". Winning a national championship would do more to empower her nappy-headed hos than bitching about Don !@#$ing Imus has.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which just shows how delusional she and everyone else is on the "issue". Winning a national championship would do more to empower her nappy-headed hos than bitching about Don !@#$ing Imus has.

Does this mean that Bills and their fans are empowered times four?

A passage from another article from Dave Zirin (edgeofsports.com):

linky thingy

Apparently, in Zirin's eyes it's ok for these non-ho's to brawl on the court, as long as they do charitable work in the off hours..... (just keep a microphone away from them)

uh... that is what you got from that article? :lol:

uh... that is what you got from that article? :lol:

What other message should I have gotten (other than David Stern is responsible for White America's fear of the NBA thuggery?)

It doesn't matter what you think they should be empowered from. These girls probably feel much different about this issue than you do, Tom, and that is what empowerment is all about. You can't tell them what to feel empowered about. It comes from them, and I don't doubt for a second that they believe what they say, and that they FEEL empowered. If they feel it, by definition, they are empowered.

Article from Dave Zirin (edgeofsports.com):

Blah blah blah...

Meanwhile...on the VERY OPRAH SHOW WHERE THE RUTGERS GIRLS WERE GUESTS....Oprah maked a crack at how "whitey cant dance."

But shes black...so ho harm done. :lol:

What other message should I have gotten (other than David Stern is responsible for White America's fear of the NBA thuggery?)

Thats ok...on O'Reilly last night, some rap apologist said GEORGE WASHINGTON was responsible for the "thug" culture and called Imus a "SUPERracist."

It doesn't matter what you think they should be empowered from. These girls probably feel much different about this issue than you do, Tom, and that is what empowerment is all about. You can't tell them what to feel empowered about. It comes from them, and I don't doubt for a second that they believe what they say, and that they FEEL empowered. If they feel it, by definition, they are empowered.

:lol:

Perchance this is some unfamiliar new definition of "empowered" you're using? Rosa Parks wasn't empowered because she felt she was a victim of racial discrimination. She was empowered because she moved to the front of the !@#$ing bus. It ain't how you feel that empowers you; it's what you do.

:lol:

Perchance this is some unfamiliar new definition of "empowered" you're using? Rosa Parks wasn't empowered because she felt she was a victim of racial discrimination. She was empowered because she moved to the front of the !@#$ing bus. It ain't how you feel that empowers you; it's what you do.

Dude, Rosa Parks got arrested for that. How are you empowered sitting in jail?

Dude, Rosa Parks got arrested for that. How are you empowered sitting in jail?

Sitting in jail has nothing to do with it, moron. Thousands of people felt the law was unjust and and didn't sit in jail, because they chose to be victims. Rosa Parks thought the law was unjust, chose not to be a victim, went to jail, and effected change. Empowerment is choosing not to be a victim of the circumstances you find yourself in.

Sitting in jail has nothing to do with it, moron. Thousands of people felt the law was unjust and and didn't sit in jail, because they chose to be victims. Rosa Parks thought the law was unjust, chose not to be a victim, went to jail, and effected change. Empowerment is choosing not to be a victim of the circumstances you find yourself in.

Well said Tom. Where are the Rosa Parks today? As much as I don't care for Bill Cosby, he is hitting on all the right points about what is wrong in the black community and he is being snubbed by that very same community because the truth hurts. Bill has stuck his head out by sending this message to his community out of love and he is getting no love back. That is courage in my book (just like Rosa Parks) and he deserves a lot of credit.

Why is it that people from all over the world come to this country, take advantage of all this opportunity and become successful. But all we hear from the black community is that I'm being discriminated against and I'm owed this or I'm owed that. Until the black community stands up for itself and gets rid of their so called leaders (Jackson and Sharpton) who are keeping them down, will they start to meld into society and start to reap the benefits that this country offers.

If they want to live by ghetto standards, immoral behavior, bad language, disrespect, and poor family structure, then by no means will their situation get any better. The white man will continue to be blamed, and the race wars will go on. People do not know how to take responsibility any more and that is a disgrace. That includes all people, white and black.

I'm sorry, am I the only one that believes that the Rutgers players did nothing to deserve this potshot, and that Imus is a goddamned tool for doing this? What had they done to anyone besides having the season of their lives and appearing on national TV? Call it right, wrong, call out rap music, whatever. All I see is a lot of declaration that the man bears no responsibility for what he said on others' part, when the man himself knows he is responsible for what he said. It's capitalism at work: people don't like his product, and thus they are going to disparage said product and its currency should take a hit.

Imus was free to say something stupid and he took that chance. Freedom of speech means he doesn't get arrested for this. It doesn't mean he lives in a zone that is any more consequence free than the one you or I live in. I don't agree with Sharpton and the other profiteers, but that's the way the media landscape works. Just as Imus is/was a fairly powerful guy, he's now contending with other people who are happy to exercise the power they have to bring him down.

The Rutgers team did not have to respond to this at all, Tom's right. At the same time, put yourself in their shoes; put your daughters (if you have them) in their shoes. Few of us would not defend ourselves against such baseless comments.

And VikingGumBoot: you don't know these girls so I doubt you have a leg to stand on with your suppositions on what kind of music these girls listen to. Regardless, there's a real difference between listening to a song that names people in the abstract, and being identified by someone else directly as inferior (not the 'nappy headed' comment so much as the 'hos' one).

Anyone whom subscribes to the notion that a white man who facetiously says nappy head hoes on the radio, warrants this public lynching is unequivocally a hypocrite! There is a prodigous double standard in this society that you are invigorating!! If those sorry excuse for basketball players are profoundly hurt and traumitized by these petty comments, then they will never make it in the real world when they encounter real obstacles. Freedom of Speech may not be an absolute right but i am pretty sure it covers nappy head hoes! You should be more concerned about the soldiers dying to provide you with the freedom you are blessed with than an old white man getting fired for calling these nappy head hoes, nappy head hoes :lol:

Well said Tom. Where are the Rosa Parks today? As much as I don't care for Bill Cosby, he is hitting on all the right points about what is wrong in the black community and he is being snubbed by that very same community because the truth hurts. Bill has stuck his head out by sending this message to his community out of love and he is getting no love back. That is courage in my book (just like Rosa Parks) and he deserves a lot of credit.

Why is it that people from all over the world come to this country, take advantage of all this opportunity and become successful. But all we hear from the black community is that I'm being discriminated against and I'm owed this or I'm owed that. Until the black community stands up for itself and gets rid of their so called leaders (Jackson and Sharpton) who are keeping them down, will they start to meld into society and start to reap the benefits that this country offers.

If they want to live by ghetto standards, immoral behavior, bad language, disrespect, and poor family structure, then by no means will their situation get any better. The white man will continue to be blamed, and the race wars will go on. People do not know how to take responsibility any more and that is a disgrace. That includes all people, white and black.

I totally concur. Also why isn't Al sharpton, jesse Jackson, Owner of BET, and everyone whom wants Imus fired more concerned with the real problems in the black communities, i.e. poverty, lack of jobs in the black communities, crime rate, and the fact that AIDS is the leading cause of death for African American women ages 22-35!

It was a little joke there Tom, settle down, ok

I think a lot of black leaders were afraid of Bill Cosby's statement because it would give liscence to ugly racists to attack blacks. You know the racist scum would say things like they have "ghetto standards" and "immoral behavior."