SCHOBEL

Recent article said SCHOBEL is down to 247 lb, now thats light for full time DE .. Charles Haley played

at 245 iI think but he was situational pass rusher at that point ,, is that the plan?? or is he going to be a OLB in this new scheme??..seems awful light for full time duty at DE, if hes moving does that put adam carriker on their radar?? hes big , fast, high character and at 295 lb a great fit at DE and he also plays dt in 4-3 alignment,,

Recent article said SCHOBEL is down to 247 lb, now thats light for full time DE .. Charles Haley played

at 245 iI think but he was situational pass rusher at that point ,, is that the plan?? or is he going to be a OLB in this new scheme??..seems awful light for full time duty at DE, if hes moving does that put adam carriker on their radar?? hes big , fast, high character and at 295 lb a great fit at DE and he also plays dt in 4-3 alignment,,

I have a GREAT idea. Let's move one of the few guys on our team who is solid at his position while we have so many other holes to fill. EXCELLENT!

I gotta a real feeling that Aaron is staying put.

Back when we were a zone-blitz team (it was between our '46' era and our 'blitz-blitz' era), I imagine that the DEs were forced into coverage every now and then - and Schobel would have been starting throughout. Could he cover? Does he have the speed to control a large portion of the field?

That's what you have to figure out if you think he could make an LB.

Okay you take the bills best defensive positional player (maybe aside from moorman at punter) and shift him to a different position where he might or probably would fail.. bad idea IMO.. he will probably beef up a little during training camp... what does the strenght and conditioning program/coaching staff have his ideal playing weight set at?

I think aaron isn't 1.) fast enough in the open field 2.) hard hitting enough 3.) good enough in pass coverage to play linebacker. Take your pick. He has a very fast start, is strong, but not lower your shoulder and plow over the huge FB/RB strong, and he himself admits that his weakest area is pass coverage. I don't see our one pro bowler at a legitimate position over the last two years making that switch.

Back when we were a zone-blitz team (it was between our '46' era and our 'blitz-blitz' era), I imagine that the DEs were forced into coverage every now and then - and Schobel would have been starting throughout. Could he cover? Does he have the speed to control a large portion of the field?

That's what you have to figure out if you think he could make an LB.

Yes, Schobel often fell back into coverage (1-3 times per game) in the zone blitz and did quite well... for a defensive end. Denney would occasionally drop back, but Kelsay never did. I can't imagine they'd consider playing Schobel in another position after his trip to the Pro Bowl. I would ignore the recent player weight updates. If they were thinking of something like this, Denney would be the logical DE to ask to play LB.

Okay you take the bills best positional player (maybe aside from moorman at punter) and shift him to a different position where he might or probably would fail.. bad idea IMO.. he will probably beef up a little during training camp... what does the strenght and conditioning program/coaching staff have his ideal playing weight set at?

Bills best positional player?? hehehheee

-altho i do agree we should keep Mr above average but overrated at his position. He is NOT one of the teams weaknesses at thois point.

People. He is not Bryce Paup. Dropping out on a zone blitz is not man coverage on a TE or RB. Tell him to put on some weight and improve what he can -- run defence.

Bills best positional player?? hehehheee

-altho i do agree we should keep Mr above average but overrated at his position. He is NOT one of the teams weaknesses at thois point.

Ok then name a player on last years defense that was better at his job!!! I dont remember anyone else making the probowl.. the only possible argument for a better player at their position would be Jason Peters at LT or Lee Evans at WR.. IMO

Yes, Schobel often fell back into coverage (1-3 times per game) in the zone blitz and did quite well... for a defensive end. Denney would occasionally drop back, but Kelsay never did. I can't imagine they'd consider playing Schobel in another position after his trip to the Pro Bowl. I would ignore the recent player weight updates. If they were thinking of something like this, Denney would be the logical DE to ask to play LB.

Denney in coverage would look like Eddie Robinson trying to tackle chad pennington.

I am right now guaranteeing that you will never see an unathletic 6'7, 275lb mormon DE turned LB in our lifetimes, EVER

Ok then name a player on last years defense that was better at his job!!! I dont remember anyone else making the probowl.. the only possible argument for a better player at their position would be Jason Peters at LT or Lee Evans at WR.. IMO

Well---Whitner,peters,evans,80 million dollar man,McGahhee.....all better---but u do have a point---and a sad one---Schobel is/was one of our best position players.Forget the pro bowl thing tho----that wasnt deserved.

Well---Whitner,peters,evans,80 million dollar man,McGahhee.....all better---but u do have a point---and a sad one---Schobel is/was one of our best position players.Forget the pro bowl thing tho----that wasnt deserved.

Was not deserved? You have got to be kidding Me...You know what it takes for a Player who has never been a Pro-Bowler prior to get to the Pro Bowl?...It takes the PLAYERS to Vote him in. I'm fairly certain AS was not getting a ton of love from the voting public as a DE in Buffalo...Ask Matt Light if AS is a Pro Bowler...He may not be Julius Peppers, but Schobel had a heck of a Year in 06 and was definitely deserving of a trip to Hawaii... :w00t:

no offense but i think we are all a little dumberer now having read this post.. you've gotta be freakin kidding man.. please tell me you were kidding

Was not deserved? You have got to be kidding Me...You know what it takes for a Player who has never been a Pro-Bowler prior to get to the Pro Bowl?...It takes the PLAYERS to Vote him in. I'm fairly certain AS was not getting a ton of love from the voting public as a DE in Buffalo...Ask Matt Light if AS is a Pro Bowler...He may not be Julius Peppers, but Schobel had a heck of a Year in 06 and was definitely deserving of a trip to Hawaii... 0:)

PLus, when you werent a first round guy it makes it that much harder. Schobel definately deserved it and to think otherwise is to be foolish.

no offense but i think we are all a little dumberer now having read this post.. you've gotta be freakin kidding man.. please tell me you were kidding

I was just kidding. And everyone knows that Schobel is a great great pro bowler.