A nice rebuttal to the fools at ESPN

Put in that light, I think I may agree, Joe. Florio's "scoops" aren't worth squat, and I think he frequently lies about info. But, take the stuff for what it's worth and there are occasional nuggets.

But, to the others, just don't think PFT is some great site because the stuck up for our Bills.

Agreed. If you don't take it too seriously or treat it like the paper of record, it's more entertaining than its erstwhile competition. I always check it out, but take what they say with a grain of salt. To be honest, I don't even go to the espn page anymore. Regardless of whether they like the Bills or not, it's simply a poor news site. The only real stories they post are AP ones, not their own, which are few and far between. The only newshound they have, Pasquarelli, has real flaws as analyst and is a terrible prose stylist. Also, much of his stuff isn't free.

I like the SI site for Don Banks and Dr. Z. CBS is weak, unless you're a diehard Jacksonville fan. The NFL site is getting better, and may actually become half decent in the future (still doubtful, however). I never really check out the Fox and TSN sites. I used to, but they're pretty weak in the free information/news department these days. PFW continues to flounder since the death of Buchsbaum, and while Hub Arkush has connections, he's not much of a reporter or analyst. As for the rest of their "reporters", they're at about the same level as an average-to-pretty good poster on this board.

As I get older and learn how to separate the wheat from the chaff, I find myself going to SI and PFT when it comes to the national sites (local newspapers are a different issue). The other national sites really don't offer much.

Anyone who dares criticize the Bills or predict a poor season for them = douche

Keep them blinders on boys!

progs---i don't know if it's about wearing blinders. objectively, why willis mcgahee isn't roundly criticized as a football player who lacks heart is beyond me. give the guy props for rehabbing the knee, sure, but in the modern era of "what have you done for me lately...", i see a guy who personally acknowledged playing at less than 100%. he actually came out and suggested that lack of social motivation for him equates to lack of desire to commit 100% for the franchise. he's ricky williams without the dreads and ganga. oh, and without the gaudy stats that really make him attractive as a player even though he's a head case. starting at little league/pop warner and beyond---does anyone want to keep a guy who doesn't want to be there? as a sports journalist, how can that not be part of the story? much has been written about london and his impact defensively, but he is an older 'backer, and older players are routinely given the opportunity to walk without big paydays. as for spikes, God Love him, he's a gamer but also a guy who acknowledged with class that the scheme we're playing in Buffalo doesn't fit his style as well as the one they play in Phillie (never mind the salary hit and torn achilles). i think it's fair to question the leadership void created by the departure of fletcher and spikes, it's fair to suggest a motivated mcgahee might be a factor in baltimore, and to question how we fix what ails us in WNY. but suggesting we're selling everything at garage sale prices and doing nothing to get better smacks of crappy journalism.

and these aren't blinders..they are sunglasses.

When pundits are discussing abilities of teams, they do not take into consideration money. They are only looking at the players on the roster. They are not looking at the future, or salary cap. Frankly, even though each of the individual moves the Bills have made may have been the right one, which has yet to be determined and only a homer would believe each one will work out for the best, the team has lost a little more talent than it has gained. On a 7-9 team. It has several holes and two HUGE holes. And every other team gets to draft and improve themselves, too. The moves we made could be the right one, and I like the way the team is going, but the fact is we lost a lot of talent and gained two solid players.
I agree on most counts, especially on the fact that we lost or rather let go talennted players. However, the question that has to be asked is " Are their talents suited to our style of play?". Fletcher was not making plays at the line of scrimmage. It can be said that the fault lies with the line in front of him, but the coaching staff obviously didn't think so. Clements was a salary casualty. The money I think was better spent on upgrading the offensive line. TKO is still recovering from his achilles injury. At a position which requires speed quickness and agility, it is very hard to say that a player who missed one season due to rehab, and spent most of the next season trying to regain his previous abilities and suffering assorted nagging injuries, is going to be effective for you in year three. McGahee was not a premier back at the college level except for one year at Miami, then suffered his devastating injury. When he returned to the field of play he was a demon possessed to get that starting position. Once secured he was not the same rb, and did not want to play here or be an integral part of the organization as shown by his unwillingness to train with his teammates here. How else do you learn to run behind your blockers to maximum effect, even if they are not all pros. We are building a team that depends upon each other, not one to merely send people to the pro bowl. Team play with players suited to your style will have a better chance to get to the super bowl, than a team filled with highly talented individuals that didn't even get us to the playoffs in the last 7 years. IMHO

yeah i read that this morning.very nice to see an objective response to chris douche mortensen.i don't get chris.he must be td's lover or something and feels jilted that we fired his boyfriend.even if the bills play good this year and make the playoffs.chris will write a article how the bills only had a good year because td had the foresight to draft j.p and lee evans.

Can we enlist Mort to be one of those body bags that the DL players hit in practice?

They focused primarily on the fact that four veterans are now gone -- running back Willis McGahee, linebacker London Fletcher-Baker-Robbins-Oppenheim-and-Taft,

Am I the only one that found that to be a little more funny than it was intended?

:w00t: