Niners won't select Willis

An excerpt from an email I just rcv'd : (I asked him if he thought the 9ers were gonna select Willis - he's a 9ers fan)

I think they are going to draft Branch or Okoye. One of the DT's. The DE

from Nebraska Carriker is also a possibility because I think he's big

enough to play 3-4 and Bryant Young will retire next year. Then they

will pick a WR in the 2nd round.

I really don't think they will pick Willis as they are pretty good at

ILB with Derek Smith and Jeff Ulbrich and they took an OLB last year in

the 1st round. I've seen Willis play once and I remember him. He seemed

mobile and able to get through the traffic to the ball carrier. He

seemed to be in on just about every rushing tackle.

FWIW, Willis is who I'm rooting for that we pick.

If Washington gave us the same assurances, I'd feel better. Their needs at ILB may be greater than SF's.

Nearly every mock I've seen has them going for a DT, though, right?

If Washington gave us the same assurances, I'd feel better. Their needs at ILB may be greater than SF's.

Astrobot, Normally you are more on top of it than this.

They run a GW 4-3(46) and they just signed greggos boy. They need DL help bad and other than that they could pick laron landry if he were there to pair with sean taylor. I think Atlanta is a bigger risk to take Willis, for one, but they seem poised to go DL , OL or S unless they make a play for calvin johnson. Hopefully Miami will blow their pick hard allowing another top prospect to be on the board when we draft.

I dont really know who else could bone us on this one.

They run a GW 4-3(46) and they just signed greggos boy. They need DL help bad and other than that they could pick laron landry if he were there to pair with sean taylor. I think Atlanta is a bigger risk to take Willis, for one, but they seem poised to go DL , OL or S unless they make a play for calvin johnson. Hopefully Miami will blow their pick hard allowing another top prospect to be on the board when we draft.

My bad.

Detroit

they are looking to move down for either Adams or Willis.

Detroit

they are looking to move down for either Adams or Willis.

Brian Adams?

The Canadian government has already apologized for Bryan Adams on several occasions.