Simple Debate

As for the guy who doesn't want me to discuss Lynch? Put a sock it it, you're not the boss here and this isn't Communist Russia. Freedom of Speech lives here at TSW baby. BTW, Firstandgoal has had no problems whatsoever defending why he left out Lynch.

We are all free to talk about anything, and I am someone who easily gets off topic as well. But I think his general point is valid and would help make TSW better and more valuable and interesting to us all if we had fewer and more focused threads. So people can look for the "Will Peterson drop to #12" discussion before opening 15 different threads on that subject, and in this case finding or making a good thread to talk about Lynch, or Lynch vs. Peterson.

But in practicality talking about Lynch in a discussion of Willis vs. Peterson doesn't seem too far off topic because the differences between Lynch and Peterson have a lot to do with any evaluation of Peterson.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'd be happy with Willis, but if we can get that same guy but with 1-2 correctable flaws in his game or .05 slower 40 time but in the second round, AND get Peterson, I say it's a win-win.

It sounds like you view Peterson as a "special" player and Willis as kind of a run of the mill type for whom a stand in can be found easily later. If true, this makes sense and it would be a win-win. I think Willis might very well be a rarer talent than Peterson myself but I am sure that plenty disagree.

I'm starting to lean so heavily in Willis' favor lately that I will be very disappointed if we don't get him at #12.

That being said, it partially assumes that AP is not their at 12. However, if AP is their at 12, regardless of the talent pool for RB being better than the talent pool for LB for the remainder of the draft (personal opinion), I just can't imagine passing up on a kid as talented as Peterson when he falls into your lap.

This coming from a guy who sort of considers RBs to be a dime a dozen. If it were Lynch / Willis, no brainer - Willis.

I think Willis is outstanding.

However, I am among those that think that AP is such a special talent that all other considerations, even desperate need positions, go right out the window when the opportunity arises to get him.

he did start the thread, so he can pretty much talk about whatever he wants.

I actually didn't catch that. So, it's more a case of drunk driving than carjacking....

I liked your original question, firstngoal, and was surprised to see how close the vote was. Unfortunately, it looks like we're off-roading and will not likely get back to the vote.

I guess it is the standard debate: do you draft for talent, or to fill a need. This is why the question is interesting to me. I think LB is a bigger need for us, but Peterson's talent is clearly higher. I think we should grab Peterson if they're both available because RB is also a big position of need and I'm surprised nearly half of the posters in this thread disagree.