Alanis Morissette

RU5781

Genius. Her rendition is off the chains - also its amazing how Fergies' song was somewhat considered empowering for women eg. watch me take advantage of guys for there money - - while Alanis version including the toned down piano melody excentuates how stupid the lyrics are and the fragility of exploiting yourself as means of empowerment

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Genius. Her rendition is off the chains - also its amazing how Fergies' song was somewhat considered empowering for women eg. watch me take advantage of guys for there money - - while Alanis version including the toned down piano melody excentuates how stupid the lyrics are and the fragility of exploiting yourself as means of empowerment

I'm just taking this opportunity to say:

Fergie sucks!

...carry on...

For some reason, this is awesome.

Plus, I think Alanis is a total babe.

I am baffled. I spent the last 10 minutes doing the following:

1) Watching the Alanis video- 37 seconds was plenty

2) Trying to figure out if the "This is awesome, plus Alanis is a total babe" post was serious or not- 9 minutes, 23 seconds

Finally!!! This just may be the end of Hip Hops popularity. Let it go the way of disco in the 70’s. The more people make fun of and stop glorifying this brainless urban crap the better we are.

I wouldn't exactaly call fergie "hip hop" and I'm not entirely sure alanis morrisette is really relevant I honestly didn't realize she still made music since made her first cd about uncle joey from full house. I think modern day hip hop though is really bad, and the whole rap genre has drastically declined. Still far from the worst "music" out there though That honor belongs to Techno and Death Metal

I wouldn't exactaly call fergie "hip hop" and I'm not entirely sure alanis morrisette is really relevant I honestly didn't realize she still made music since made her first cd about uncle joey from full house. I think modern day hip hop though is really bad, and the whole rap genre has drastically declined. Still far from the worst "music" out there though That honor belongs to Techno and Death Metal

Hip-Hop is a GREAT musical genre. At times it is some of the most creative, intellectual, and innovative music I have ever heard. Even the way it began was truly remarkable.

But GOOD hip-hop should not be confused with "hip-hop" like you hear on the radio.

For some reason, this is awesome.

Plus, I think Alanis is a total babe.

I think many people here don't get the humor behind this because they're not familiar with what it is satirizing. It's spot on, imo.

And Alanis is hot.

And So is Tori Amos, who everyone and their mother knows has more talent than Alanis but then again Tori Amos has an unusual amount of talent.

Does that about cover everything?

I think many people here don't get the humor behind this because they're not familiar with what it is satirizing. It's spot on, imo.

And Alanis is hot.

And So is Tori Amos, who everyone and their mother knows has more talent than Alanis but then again Tori Amos has an unusual amount of talent.

Does that about cover everything?

Yes.

Except for the part about Alanis being hot. She kinda gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Yes.

Except for the part about Alanis being hot. She kinda gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Alanis looks like she could either meditate for hours in silent concentration without faltering or eat my soul if she wanted to like a rabid demoness and that internal juxtaposition is kinda hot, imo :wallbash:

Alanis looks like she could either meditate for hours in silent concentration without faltering or eat my soul if she wanted to like a rabid demoness and that internal juxtaposition is kinda hot, imo :wallbash:

Starting early today, I see. :wallbash:

Hip-Hop is a GREAT musical genre. At times it is some of the most creative, intellectual, and innovative music I have ever heard. Even the way it began was truly remarkable.

Oh , Dr. Seuss what have you wrought !!!

(said shaking a fist at the uncaring sky)

I've never been a fan of Alanis and I don't find her attractive. However, that video was pretty funny, I admit.

Fergie is a slut. She deserves to be made fun of.

Tori Amos...very talented and pretty, though Tori seems like a wounded soul.

Ed...Rutgers' women's team lost last night here in Cleveland. HAHAHAHAHA

My wife and I went to the open house at The Q for the women's Final Four last Saturday, after going to the open house at Jacobs Field. We saw the Lady Vols practice. I'm not a Tennessee fan, and I got sick of their pep band playing "Rocky Top".

(a side note: I agree wholeheartedly with the old line Steve Spurrier had: You can't spell "Citrus" without UT.)

I am baffled. I spent the last 10 minutes doing the following:

1) Watching the Alanis video- 37 seconds was plenty

2) Trying to figure out if the "This is awesome, plus Alanis is a total babe" post was serious or not- 9 minutes, 23 seconds

You have that much free time, huh? Must be nice...

I've never been a fan of Alanis and I don't find her attractive. However, that video was pretty funny, I admit.

Fergie is a slut. She deserves to be made fun of.

Tori Amos...very talented and pretty, though Tori seems like a wounded soul.

Ed...Rutgers' women's team lost last night here in Cleveland. HAHAHAHAHA

My wife and I went to the open house at The Q for the women's Final Four last Saturday, after going to the open house at Jacobs Field. We saw the Lady Vols practice. I'm not a Tennessee fan, and I got sick of their pep band playing "Rocky Top".

(a side note: I agree wholeheartedly with the old line Steve Spurrier had: You can't spell "Citrus" without UT.)

Tori Amos (then a relative unknown) was originally pursued to the play the role later given to Leah Thompson in Howard the Duck.