New item for WoW players

/dev/null

" Requires Tin Bar (99), Fused Wiring (4), Troll Tears (8), Heavy Leather (4), Star Ruby. "

This is still a card game, yes ? Not an online SIM or lifestyle choice scavenger hunt ?

" Requires Tin Bar (99), Fused Wiring (4), Troll Tears (8), Heavy Leather (4), Star Ruby. "

This is still a card game, yes ? Not an online SIM or lifestyle choice scavenger hunt ?

WoW = World of Warcraft. A massive multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG)

massive multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG)

My bad. I had it confused with Magic: The Gathering. Sounds like a tin foil hat might come in handy.

Do tell, Sparky.

At the assured risk of getting massively flamed- does anyone else here play WoW?

i've thought about trying it. I used to play other MMORPGs like EQ2 and SWG. I gave them up because you really have to invest alot of time in them.

At the assured risk of getting massively flamed- does anyone else here play WoW?

I did for about an hour. I think 150 junior high sex jokes scrolled past my screen in about 15 minutes of playing. Too full of kids. I did EQ1 for ages, EQ2 for a while... now? Just a few games for the PS3. Single player. I wanted to try Vandguard, but all of the reviews put it on par with a turd in a bucket.

-Jeff

I did for about an hour. I think 150 junior high sex jokes scrolled past my screen in about 15 minutes of playing. Too full of kids. I did EQ1 for ages, EQ2 for a while... now? Just a few games for the PS3. Single player. I wanted to try Vandguard, but all of the reviews put it on par with a turd in a bucket.

-Jeff

Once you get past the low levels that stops. "Barrens Chat" is notorious for little kids.

I just got back into it last week.

/dev/null - WoW doesn't require quite as much time as EQ, and it's a lot better for soloing when compared to most other MMORPG's.

If you can find a buddy to play with, and you get access to a Teamspeak or Ventrillo server, it can be a lot of fun.

edit: What realm(s) are all of you currently on?

I just got back into it last week.

/dev/null - WoW doesn't require quite as much time as EQ, and it's a lot better for soloing when compared to most other MMORPG's.

If you can find a buddy to play with, and you get access to a Teamspeak or Ventrillo server, it can be a lot of fun.

edit: What realm(s) are all of you currently on?

My main is on Lethon, but I'll probably transfer him. My buddy gets a sh------- ping to it (goes through a crappy ATT pipeline in Houston), and its a low pop server, so rather boring.

My main is on Lethon, but I'll probably transfer him. My buddy gets a sh------- ping to it (goes through a crappy ATT pipeline in Houston), and its a low pop server, so rather boring.

I have a Pali on Proudmoore, but recently I've been playing on Drenden.

Once you get past the low levels that stops. "Barrens Chat" is notorious for little kids.

Well, this here is a way to get past the low levels. From the washington Post yesterday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7033100065.html

First few paragraphs from the story.

Proxy Fighters Take Warcraft to Another Level

By Mike Musgrove

Washington Post Staff Writer

Sunday, April 1, 2007; Page F01

If you're a fan of the PC game World of Warcraft, you might want to go to another article right now. There are 8 million of you, and I'm sure you're all good people. But I just don't get it.

I've tried to like this game because so many people I know just love it. Addicts in my circle include friends, colleagues and a future sister-in-law. A new release of the game's gigantic online world gave me new reason to give it another chance. But it hasn't really been taking, despite a few honest efforts lasting into the wee hours.

So last week, I cheated and paid a company to play the game for me, to skip through the tedious parts of "WoW" and get to the good stuff.

Yes, that's right. There are companies that will play your computer games for you, if you're too busy or lazy to put in the requisite time keeping up with your friends in the virtual world. It's an underground industry called "power leveling," frowned on by many gamers and game companies. And yet, somehow, it's also a pretty big business.

BTW, guy still says not worth it! BTW, he paid $24 to get to level 20

It was *all* kids. I didn't stick around long enough to see. I got annoyed at them all taking whatever I was killing and then randomly setting up a duel. I miss good old fashioned EQ. Now THERE was a game to get addicted to. Boat rides. Groups. Raids. Ah... the good old days. Nothing even comes close to that level of fun. First time's always the best. I played that every day for a good couple of years.

Back when I was a kid, hitting the highest level was a BIG deal. Now these little kids and their WOW... up the hill in the snow both ways, I tell you!! <_<