Reason #49.736 to love Peyton Manning

buckeyemike

Apparently, this really happened. I found it on an ESPN blog.

During last week's SNL dress rehearsal (where Lorne Michaels decides what sketches and jokes to keep, and which to dump), Peyton Manning rehearsed his monologue.

Amy Poehler was dressed in a Patriots jersey and heckled Peyton, saying "What does Tom Brady and the Circus have in common? They both have two more rings than you."

Peyton stared right back and said, "That's not the ONLY thing he'll have two more of."

:thumbsup::lol::w00t:

During last week's SNL dress rehearsal (where Lorne Michaels decides what sketches and jokes to keep, and which to dump), Peyton Manning rehearsed his monologue.

Amy Poehler was dressed in a Patriots jersey and heckled Peyton, saying "What does Tom Brady and the Circus have in common? They both have two more rings than you."

Peyton stared right back and said, "That's not the ONLY thing he'll have two more of."

:thumbsup::lol::w00t:

Peyton hosted the best episode of SNL in MANY years, IMO. He was awesome.

That one-liner (if true) doesn't surprise me.

:lol::w00t::lol:

HAHAHAHAHA :thumbsup:

Peyton hosted the best episode of SNL in MANY years, IMO. He was awesome.

That one-liner (if true) doesn't surprise me.

So true, every week I record SNL on the DVR and watch it a few days later only to usually be dissapointed and feel that the show has been consistently bad for the last 3-5 years. The Peyton episode was the best I've seen in a very very very long time, his acting was better than most of the stars that come on and try to wing it with the cue cards, he seemed very comfortable and was convincing enough given that he's not a move star.

:w00t::lol: :lol:

Testicles? :thumbsup:

So true, every week I record SNL on the DVR and watch it a few days later only to usually be dissapointed and feel that the show has been consistently bad for the last 3-5 years. The Peyton episode was the best I've seen in a very very very long time, his acting was better than most of the stars that come on and try to wing it with the cue cards, he seemed very comfortable and was convincing enough given that he's not a move star.

I should hope he'd be good at acting by now. After making 90,000 commercials this past year alone, he's had nearly as many lines as Nicholson. :rolleyes: