Good Adrian Peterson interview

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2818755

I think this kid could lead the league in rushing next year, or close to it. He's gonna be that good. I know it's one of the many dead horses around here, but I can't get out of my head the possibility that the Bills could trade up to get him... I really think he would instantly transform the offense into playoff-caliber.

Peterson: "God has my life planned out so I'm just taking it for what it is."

Followed by ...

Bensinger: "Alan Branch wanted to come back to Michigan and try to win a national championship during his senior season. His concern was passing on an opportunity to be a top pick in the NFL. He said you never know what could happen during a year and if something happened to him, he would be kicking himself for the rest of his life. What factors led to your decision?"

Peterson: "... There were the little injuries. You don't want to think about injuries, but anything can happen. What if I tore ligaments in my shoulder or something more severe? When you consider what's at stake, you don't want to pass it up. "

Hmmm ... sounds like some one is flip flopping on the whole "faith in God" thing. I'm not sure that's the sort of high character Marv or Jesus H. Christ wants on this ball club.

Peterson is going to be elite, alot like Eric Dickerson of the 80's. He would make the QB better, the line better and the tight ends better (although only so much is possible with Robert Royal). He would be worth three or four picks(but wouldn't cost that much) because he would make everybody better on the team. Less three and outs and the defense is on the field less and they can also be more aggressive because we will be scoring more points.

I disagree with most of the people who are always wanting to trade back because elite players are needed, and he (In my opinion) would be near the top in at his position within two years.

Trading back will bring you depth and excellent special teams but few game changing players.

Saying that, I don't think there is anyway we get this guy but, of course, this is the time of year that we can dream.

Yep. We need a starting LB too, but I think Peterson is a better overall football player than Willis, and would love to have him. Crowell and Ellison were both out of the first round, so I would love to find a way to get Peterson if Cleveland goes with Quinn, and fill our LB in round two. But it is still hard to see him getting past 11 teams, even with all the possibilities in the mock. Keep our fingers crossed!

If we somehow get Peterson, who are the round 2 LB options? I definitely hope we use our extra 3rd to move up with one of our picks (to get Peterson higher than 12, or to move up from 43 for a quality LB.

What if he IS injury prone, despite his denials? Wouldn't we feel stupid?

Draft players WITHOUT injury histories, and if they get injured, then it's bad luck. Draft players WITH injury histories, and if they get injured, you're stupid.

Glad you weren't in the draft room in 1988. Sometimes chances are just worth taking. I think this is one time that would be well worth it. Obviously you disagree. You may be very correct.... just saying in this case, I would pull the trigger... but not in all situations.

Glad you weren't in the draft room in 1988. Sometimes chances are just worth taking. I think this is one time that would be well worth it. Obviously you disagree. You may be very correct.... just saying in this case, I would pull the trigger... but not in all situations.

Spending a second rounder on a complete back with ONE injury he's recovering from is different from spending the #12 overall pick on an incomplete back with several injuries in his history.

It doesn't really matter. The Burner will be in Buffalo soon enough.

Spending a second rounder on a complete back with ONE injury he's recovering from is different from spending the #12 overall pick on an incomplete back with several injuries in his history.

It doesn't really matter. The Burner will be in Buffalo soon enough.

It was bascially our first rounder (40th pick in the draft) since we didn't have a first round pick that year. But I'll give you that the 12th pick would be more value lost.

He's about as "incomplete" as Eric Dickerson was coming out of college. I would take that to the bank right now (if he was even close to that). If the Bills settle for a second tier runningback they will continue to be a second tier team.

It was bascially our first rounder (40th pick in the draft) since we didn't have a first round pick that year. But I'll give you that the 12th pick would be more value lost.

He's about as "incomplete" as Eric Dickerson was coming out of college. I would take that to the bank right now (if he was even close to that). If the Bills settle for a second tier runningback they will continue to be a second tier team.

As long as the Bills take care of the lines and re-up Evans, they'll be fine. If the Colts can win a SB with Dominic Rhodes, RB ain't that important.

Yep. We need a starting LB too, but I think Peterson is a better overall football player than Willis, and would love to have him. Crowell and Ellison were both out of the first round, so I would love to find a way to get Peterson if Cleveland goes with Quinn, and fill our LB in round two. But it is still hard to see him getting past 11 teams, even with all the possibilities in the mock. Keep our fingers crossed!

If we somehow get Peterson, who are the round 2 LB options? I definitely hope we use our extra 3rd to move up with one of our picks (to get Peterson higher than 12, or to move up from 43 for a quality LB.

What about this?

1st- Adrian Peterson - RB - Oklahoma

2nd- David Harris - MLB - Michigan

3rda- Ben Patrick - TE - Delaware

3rdb- Jonathan Wade - CB - Tennessee

4th- Justin Durant - OLB - Hampton

6th- Dallas Baker - WR - Florida

7tha- Jeff Rowe - QB - Nevada

7thb- Craig Dahl - SS - North Dakota State

UFA - Chase Johnson - OT - Wyoming

UFA - Dedrick Harrington - MLB - Missouri

What about this?

1st- Adrian Peterson - RB - Oklahoma

2nd- David Harris - MLB - Michigan

3rda- Ben Patrick - TE - Delaware

3rdb- Jonathan Wade - CB - Tennessee

4th- Justin Durant - OLB - Hampton

6th- Dallas Baker - WR - Florida

7tha- Jeff Rowe - QB - Nevada

7thb- Craig Dahl - SS - North Dakota State

UFA - Chase Johnson - OT - Wyoming

UFA - Dedrick Harrington - MLB - Missouri

Is this some kind of a joke ?? Craig Dahl will never last until the seventh round. He will go middle sixth at the latest !! But the first five picks look too good to be true.

P.S. Who is Craig Dahl anyway ?

Is this some kind of a joke ?? Craig Dahl will never last until the seventh round. He will go middle sixth at the latest !! But the first five picks look too good to be true.

P.S. Who is Craig Dahl anyway ?

You tell me that he will go in the 6th, and then ask who he is.

P.S. Why is this a joke when I had a player going a round earlier than he's supposed to? :thumbsup: