This is kind of saddening

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/fanzone/...contentId=66764

TOugh to see this guy go... With all the negative spin on his injury, i can see him in the 2007 probowl.

Reality says we all simply need to move on. Both TKO and the Bills seem quite satisfied with the move which is actually a lot more than can be said about the bad feelings surrounding the trades of folks like McGahee and Henry.

It interests me that on the Iggles depth chart, TKO is currently the back-up listed for all three LBs.

Not knowing their situation. it would not surprise me if they remain committed to both Trotter or Jones (or are done with either vet) and I assume that the other LB Gaither is a youngster they are committed to.

TKO went to the Eagles for little as far they are concerned as apparently Walker wanted out and was not part of their plans in 07. I doubt TKO makes the Pro Bowl in 07 since it would not shock me if the Bills were willing to let him go because the injury has basically robbed us of the TKO we all knew and revered.

Reality says we all simply need to move on. Both TKO and the Bills seem quite satisfied with the move which is actually a lot more than can be said about the bad feelings surrounding the trades of folks like McGahee and Henry.

It interests me that on the Iggles depth chart, TKO is currently the back-up listed for all three LBs.

Not knowing their situation. it would not surprise me if they remain committed to both Trotter or Jones (or are done with either vet) and I assume that the other LB Gaither is a youngster they are committed to.

TKO went to the Eagles for little as far they are concerned as apparently Walker wanted out and was not part of their plans in 07. I doubt TKO makes the Pro Bowl in 07 since it would not shock me if the Bills were willing to let him go because the injury has basically robbed us of the TKO we all knew and revered.

Perhaps... but i think the guy is determined to comeback, and with determination, i think it can be done. People always refer to Cowart, Cowart may not have been as determined in rehab and the weight room as TKO.. . I'm fairly confident Spikes will be his normal self on the field making plays this year. However if we get Walker to contribute to an area of the football team that was one of our weak points, it will be a wash.

Perhaps... but i think the guy is determined to comeback, and with determination, i think it can be done. People always refer to Cowart, Cowart may not have been as determined in rehab and the weight room as TKO.. . I'm fairly confident Spikes will be his normal self on the field making plays this year. However if we get Walker to contribute to an area of the football team that was one of our weak points, it will be a wash.

True, but this is real life, not an ABC after school special. For all we know, the extra 1-2% that made TKO that much better than his peers went away with his achilles injury. While he may be able to work back to 100%, it doesnt necessarily mean that 100% of TKO now is equal to 100% of TKO pre-injury. And frankly, all the determination in the world wont be able to bring back any explosiveness or any of that 1-2% back that was lost.

It sucked to see him go, i loved TKO as much as the next guy. But 30-yr old TKO as an average to slightly above at LB is not worth the $, compared to pre-injury TKO.

I think part of the problem was that he was too determined last off-season and he pursued some downright maniacal workouts building the muscles back in his torn leg that it was not surprising to me at all that he defied the odds by making it back to start in the first game and even pulled off a phenomenal sack of Brady on the first play (leading to a fumble and ballhawk Fletcher pounced on it and scored on of his two defensive TDs last year). Then he promptly strained his hammy and was out for 3 of 4 games and never really came back to anything approaching normalcy.

When TKO missed the Bills conditioning workouts, I saw it as good news for his rehab because maybe he was lightening up and would do better this year. Alas he and the Bills had probably already agreed to try to trade him and and he was likely skipping it because he was done.