Small town USA paper bashes McGahee

I nearly fell out of my chair this AM when I read this article in my local paper...I guess it's not just Buffaloian's or transplanted Buffaloian's who find his comments repugnant!

http://theday.com/re.aspx?re=36e2e6a8-42f9...c6-a9011c08d6e7

I know there has been a lot of WM bashing since he left and not a lot when he was here, but that atricle is telling. Primarily because it was not written or published in Buffalo. It's a shame it ended this way, buy he's the only that started throwing rocks before he was even dealt!

I nearly fell out of my chair this AM when I read this article in my local paper...I guess it's not just Buffaloian's or transplanted Buffaloian's who find his comments repugnant!

http://theday.com/re.aspx?re=36e2e6a8-42f9...c6-a9011c08d6e7

Big Gay Al read this to you?

"Some would call it an irresponsible generalization to suggest that McGahee is the portrait of the young modern athlete. McGahee was just open enough and honest enough to reveal himself."

Yeah, I'd say that is a hell of an irresponsible jump to criticize all young modrn athletes on this basis. I think more than enough of them turn out to be decent fellows. And before we allow another middle-aged, overweight Yankee-fan sportswriter to complain about the modern athlete (and yes, the writer is white, the athlete is black), can we remind him of the lifestyles that Babe Ruth, Joe Dimaggio, and Mickey Mantle led? I don't remember them being well-ersed in the Iliad or making any sizeable donations to charity.

McGahee's a jerk. I think it should be left at that.

This entire article reminds me of a commercial a few years back which involved a coach in the locker room of his pop warner football team speaking to his team before the game. He says something like "this is what we are going to do, any questions?". Then one of the kids raises his hand and asks when he's getting his shoe deal and another asks when he's getting his contract extension.

Extremely funny, but sadly true when discussing today's modern athletes. You never hear any stories of guys like Michael Jordan, Babe Ruth, Joe Dimaggio, Bart Starr, Larry Bird, or Dick Butkis going out to Las Vegas and striking other athletes. There were never drive by shootings where there were two NFL players sitting in a limo, and athletes really did not care about the money.

What has happened today is some kind of disgusting mutation that has taken place, from the athletes of yester-year into these money grubbing, women possessing, respect neglected, egotistical sons of bitches that we all pay attention to for some odd reason.