The Offspring Hard At Work On New Album

Tux of Borg

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcomi...ml?200703190543

The Offspring frontman Dexter Holland has posted a new update on the band's official website about how their long-awaited follow-up to 2003's "Splinter" is coming along. He had this to say:

"Hey guys,

"We've been pretty busy working on the new record. I'm back in Maui now with Bob Rock – he lives here. We're in the studio recording a couple more songs for the record. So far we've got 10 songs done, Noodles was here but just went back home for a bit. I'm laying down vocals now. I don't want to tell you guys too much because the record is still taking shape."

The still-untitled new album is scheduled for a summer/fall 2007 release via Columbia Records. It will mark the very first proper studio album recorded with drummer Atom Willard, who is the replacement of former member Ron Welty. As the album almost never happened, he was involved in playing drums with Angels and Airwaves, formed by Tom De Longe after blink-182's first breakup, who released their debut album, "We Don't Need To Whisper", last May.

So far, there are two confirmed tracks that will likely appear on the new album, "Pass Me By" (outtake from "Splinter") and a re-recording of "Dirty Magic" (from 1992's "Ignition"), which were previously demoed last summer (read story on UG). Holland described the new songs as "lots of guitar, energy, lots of energy, and good songs." and he thinks "it's the best stuff we've done in a long time."

As reported last week, the band has been confirmed for the upcoming Summer Sonic Festival, set to take place August 11-12 in Japan. This is the first time that Dexter Holland and co. have performed live together as The Offspring since the 2005 Warped Tour.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcomi...ml?200703190543

The Offspring frontman Dexter Holland has posted a new update on the band's official website about how their long-awaited follow-up to 2003's "Splinter" is coming along. He had this to say:

"Hey guys,

"We've been pretty busy working on the new record. I'm back in Maui now with Bob Rock – he lives here. We're in the studio recording a couple more songs for the record. So far we've got 10 songs done, Noodles was here but just went back home for a bit. I'm laying down vocals now. I don't want to tell you guys too much because the record is still taking shape."

The still-untitled new album is scheduled for a summer/fall 2007 release via Columbia Records. It will mark the very first proper studio album recorded with drummer Atom Willard, who is the replacement of former member Ron Welty. As the album almost never happened, he was involved in playing drums with Angels and Airwaves, formed by Tom De Longe after blink-182's first breakup, who released their debut album, "We Don't Need To Whisper", last May.

So far, there are two confirmed tracks that will likely appear on the new album, "Pass Me By" (outtake from "Splinter") and a re-recording of "Dirty Magic" (from 1992's "Ignition"), which were previously demoed last summer (read story on UG). Holland described the new songs as "lots of guitar, energy, lots of energy, and good songs." and he thinks "it's the best stuff we've done in a long time."

As reported last week, the band has been confirmed for the upcoming Summer Sonic Festival, set to take place August 11-12 in Japan. This is the first time that Dexter Holland and co. have performed live together as The Offspring since the 2005 Warped Tour.

Ive seen them 3 times and the last time was at the 2005 Warped Tour in SF. Hard working band that doesnt seem to want to leave the stage. Fun band. Would go to see them any time and im happy to hear they have a new cd coming out. :beer:

wow.... i thought garbage was supposed to start to decompose? yet, the offspring are still making records after over 20 years...

DrDankenstien? Let me guess. Hip Hop right? Music is a matter of personal taste and the Offspring may not be your style but far from garbage. List the music you listen to.