A little interesting twist on the Michael Turner situation.

I think that this will land up to make a difference down the road, especially if Peterson and Lynch are off the board before Green Bay picks. When an agent has a client on a team these trades seem to work pretty reasonably. If Buffalo really wants Turner, it might be better to make a move before the draft gets underway.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=583469

I think that this will land up to make a difference down the road, especially if Peterson and Lynch are off the board before Green Bay picks. When an agent has a client on a team these trades seem to work pretty reasonably. If Buffalo really wants Turner, it might be better to make a move before the draft gets underway.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=583469

But in so doing, the Bills would be forced to pay a much steeper price. I'm not sure who it was (Bill perhaps?), but someone pointed out in another Turner thread that the best thing the Bills can do is wait till the draft since the longer it drags out, the less options AJ has and the lower the cost.

Personally, I'm not a fan of giving up more than 1 pick for a RB. Turner has potential -- but if he crashes and burns, it would sting to have given up a load of picks to get him. Whereas if you take a rookie RB and he busts, all you lost was one pick.

But that's me.

No, I agree with you. I don't believe that we should use multiple picks from this draft nor our 1st OR 2nd rder. I do believe, and be willing, to trade a combination of a 2007 3rd rder and a pick from next year's draft (from a 3rd rder on up). This would be a fair value for us not only because Turner is a real deal but it still allows us to use our 1st and 2nd rd picks on other important needs. I'm really not looking forward for us to use either of those picks on a RB, we have other pressing needs.

No, I agree with you. I don't believe that we should use multiple picks from this draft nor our 1st OR 2nd rder. I do believe, and be willing, to trade a combination of a 2007 3rd rder and a pick from next year's draft (from a 3rd rder on up). This would be a fair value for us not only because Turner is a real deal but it still allows us to use our 1st and 2nd rd picks on other important needs. I'm really not looking forward for us to use either of those picks on a RB, we have other pressing needs.

I hear ya. And I'm not sold on any of the RBs in this draft class either. Peterson and Lynch are the best in show -- but even they have their own issues. If the Bills don't get either of them, I'd be a bit bummed having to settle for one of the second/third tier backs in this crop.

Turner is interesting to be sure. I think he could be a solid addition -- at the right price. But everything I've read says SD is holding the line for two first day picks this year plus another pic in 08. Yikes! Obviously I don't think the Bills will jump on that deal ... nor should they. But expecting SD to drop from 3 picks to 2 mid round picks might be too much for SD to handle either.

Something in my gut tells me that Turner won't be a Bill.

Not that I would necessarily do this, but it sure would be interesting if the Bills used the two 3rd rounders they got for Willis to acquire Turner...

I read earlier that Turner is 26 yrs old. While that's not old and granted he doesn't have much mileage on him, it still kind of put him in perspective. We really did stepped our O-Line up and if the cost for Turner is too much, then I do believe we can still be effective with our running game without him. I think the combination of Fred Jackson/Anthony Thomas is going to be a real nice surprise, especially if we find a gem in the 2nd or 3rd rd. I don't know anything about Jackson other than reading his bio but does seem to be real high on him.

As far as Turner goes, one of this year's 3rd rders and no more than next year's 2nd rder. That's it, maximum price, and that's only if Marv thinks that he is something really special.

Not that I would necessarily do this, but it sure would be interesting if the Bills used the two 3rd rounders they got for Willis to acquire Turner...

2 picks would be too many. Hold fast to a 3rd at most. He's proven himself as a solid back up, but there's nothing out there showing he can handle the load as your primary back. Plus he's free after next year, so you know the deal would require we sign him to an extension. When that happens there goes more of our "cash to cap". AJ is posturing for 2 picks and he's leaving it to the market to decide. If we stay patient and wait SD out I bet we can get him for the 3rd, otherwise use our 2nd pick on the best back available, unless Peterson is there at 12.