With the below average crop of O-Linemen in this year's

The lack of quality O-Linemen will allow players at other positions to slip to the 2nd rd. It was a great move on Buffalo's part to solidify our O-Line immediately into free agency. I believe that this wasn't by accident. Resolving our O-Line accomplished a few things.

First, we signed who we wanted and didn't have to settle or play a wait and see with other teams for the FA players. Secondly, by eliminating the need for our O-Line we don't have to use first day picks in what might become a free-for-all for the few quality ones that will be taken in the first two rds. It also gives us flexibility with the few needs that we do have. With a much more improved revamped O-Line we don't have to draft a RB with our first pick. We are now in position to either;

a) trade for RB

b) sign a RB

c) draft a RB

d) any combination of a,b, or c

We are situated better to draft for high quality players at other positions in the 2nd rd. Here is where we get another CB, possibly a RB. We could even draft a LB here. I'm pretty intrigued with S Aaron Rouse here in the 2nd rd and converting him to LB, like what the Colts did with Cato June. Once again it was a great move on Marv's part to fill our O-line needs BEFORE the draft and allow us more flexibility and options in this year's draft.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/dr...e-linemen_N.htm

The lack of quality O-Linemen will allow players at other positions to slip to the 2nd rd. It was a great move on Buffalo's part to solidify our O-Line immediately into free agency. I believe that this wasn't by accident. Resolving our O-Line accomplished a few things.

First, we signed who we wanted and didn't have to settle or play a wait and see with other teams for the FA players. Secondly, by eliminating the need for our O-Line we don't have to use first day picks in what might become a free-for-all for the few quality ones that will be taken in the first two rds. It also gives us flexibility with the few needs that we do have. With a much more improved revamped O-Line we don't have to draft a RB with our first pick. We are now in position to either;

a) trade for RB

b) sign a RB

c) draft a RB

We are situated better to draft for high quality players at other positions in the 2nd rd. Here is where we get another CB, possibly a RB. We could even draft a LB here. I'm pretty intrigued with S Aaron Rouse here in the 2nd rd and converting him to LB, like what the Colts did with Cato June. Once again it was a great move on Marv's part to fill our O-line needs BEFORE the draft and allow us more flexibility and options in this year's draft.

The best thing about it is, VERY few rookies make a positive impact their rookie year. Most are turnstiles at first untill they adjust to the speed of the NFL. Year 3 is usually when most guys improve & begin to get it. :beer:

a) trade for RB

b) sign a RB

c) draft a RB

I understand what you're saying. But! I surely hope that signing one good free agent lineman Dockery is all where are going to do to solidify our offensive line. That means we will have the same line we had last year, plus one good guard. Walker is a huge question mark, and that is saying it in the nicest way possible.

I hear you. We do have a few young guys that did get a year under their belts but I don't think Marv would have gotten Langston Walker if he felt that he could count on the youngsters. With that being said, one would have to believe that they must really like Walker and saw something in him. I'm not going to base anything that took place in Oakland to form my opinion of him. that whole situation over there was a mess, starting from Art Shell and all the way down the line. Apparently Shell was using blocking schemes from when he was playing! When was that, 25 or 30 years ago? I do believe that this is where Jim McNally MUST come thru for us, no more excuses, the time is now.

I understand what you're saying. But! I surely hope that signing one good free agent lineman Dockery is all where are going to do to solidify our offensive line. That means we will have the same line we had last year, plus one good guard. Walker is a huge question mark, and that is saying it in the nicest way possible.

What do you know who is good or not? These guys watched film until their eyes bled and you just decided only Dockery is good. Walker is still an upgrade, and so is Whittle. Gandy, Pennington are out of the starting line-up and will make solid depth. I'm sure Ralph, McNally, and Marv didn't just throw out $25MM to some guy who's a dork.

Stop the whining... we have an above average line now with a dominating left side and a more than adequate center. JP will shine and the running game will start to take advantage of the better run-blocking.

What do you know who is good or not? These guys watched film until their eyes bled and you just decided only Dockery is good. Walker is still an upgrade, and so is Whittle. Gandy, Pennington are out of the starting line-up and will make solid depth. I'm sure Ralph, McNally, and Marv didn't just throw out $25MM to some guy who's a dork.

Stop the whining... we have an above average line now with a dominating left side and a more than adequate center. JP will shine and the running game will start to take advantage of the better run-blocking.

Stop the whining? :beer: Care to reread your post? It's not like he kicked a dog or something.

A little tough on the guy Mike?

Besides, if Walker IS great, how do you view the Bills at RG? Who do like to be backup Center?

The line has been so bad for so long that there is still reason for some concern. Remember, Ralph, Marv and McNally were there last season too and the line simply sucked. I am optimistic, but drafting guys who can block will usually result in wins.

A little tough on the guy Mike?

Besides, if Walker IS great, how do you view the Bills at RG? Who do like to be backup Center?

The line has been so bad for so long that there is still reason for some concern. Remember, Ralph, Marv and McNally were there last season too and the line simply sucked. I am optimistic, but drafting guys who can block will usually result in wins.

Thats true, but what people don't seem to take into account is that we can only carry 'X' number of players at a certain position. Marv and Ralph just spent serious money on Dockery, making him the starter at LG, Peters is the starter at LT, Fowler is the starting C, Walker was not paid money to ride the pine or to just "try out" for a spot, he was paid as a starter and will start somewhere on the right side (RG or RT, not exactly sure where they like him), that leaves Pennington, Nutler, and Preston to fight for the remaining starting spot, along with Whittle who can play almost any o-line position. I can't see them carrying anymore linemen then they already are right now so I think drafting one will not happen. Same with the D-line, They are carrying 4 DE's, and 5 DT's right now (if you count Hargrove and Anderson) Only 4 can play at a time, so I don't think you will see Buffalo making a move for one in the draft either

Its looking like unless Buffalo pulls off the move and brings in Turner, they go running back at #12 if Peterson or Lynch is there. The bills need a RB to run behind this line, you don't build one up and then make the A-Train (pretty much a career backup now) the main guy. The want to have a big running game this season, and when they say RBBC, they mean that they will have a 1a/1b situation, like Dillon/Marroney was in NE, Addai/Rhodes was in Indy, etc. A-train fills the 1b spot as the veteran, now they need the 1a

The seem content with Crowell and Ellison at LB, and have made the move to put Wire there too. They definitly take a LB in the first 3 rounds, but I don't think they make it the priority that everyone else here has. Swap your firsts with SD for Turner (no way Buffalo gets a pick from SD if this happens, just a straight swap of firsts, Turner has been rated one of the best backs available on the market this offseason) Then they take the best LB available in the 1st to keep Wire as the backup LB (probably Poz would be available, if not they could package a 3rd with SD 1st to move up to get him if thats what they want)

Please prove to me that Walker is an upgrade. Please! Until you can, all we have to go on is the thousands of Raiders fans who have watched him for many years and are saying the same thing about him as we were saying about Mike Williams. How many other teams were knocking down Walkers door to sign him? :D Maybe they are wrong. But until he shows us otherwise, I am going to tend to believe those people who have been watching him for many years.

Whittle is an upgrade? :lol: He was signed on for a tiny amount of money and will basically be used for backup/depth purposes.

I never called Walker a 'dork' as you so elegantly put it. I called him a question mark. You must be one of the "trust in Marv! He will do nothing wrong" guys huh?

As far as your last sentence goes. Wow. Well I guess if you believe it is true, then it must be true!