hope all you teacher-hating, union-hating neanderthals enjoy:

jester43

At my daughter's school, every teacher's contract is for one school year. At the end of the year, the teacher gets evaluated. If they did a good job, they stay. If not, adios.

80 students graduated at the high school end of her school last year: 15 to ivy league colleges.

And there ARE lots of hugs and lots of 1 on 1 interaction. Plenty of conflicts. No fights. Urban area of Philadelphia.

Public: of course not.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to get into a p!ssing contest over this with you. You obviously have some issues about teachers. Your statements about benefits and work load are uninformed and off the mark. I'm not sure how one goes on autopilot to read the equivilant of a novel a night (homework). Great range of independence? Ever hear of Regents or Advanced Placement courses? As far as College professors having more influence, well, as you said, you lack a degree so what are you basing this opinion on? Besides, those college professors were High School Students at one time. I guess the professors "cant do" either, becasue they "teach"

Uninformed and off the mark? I'M MARRIED TO A TEACHER. I know exactly what benefits teachers in PA get. She's an elementary school teacher and there is ZERO to do as far as homework. Did I mention she gets a 45-minute prep period every single day, too? We don't have Regents in PA, and AP courses are taught on a strictly voluntary basis.

Uninformed and off the mark? I'M MARRIED TO A TEACHER. I know exactly what benefits teachers in PA get. She's an elementary school teacher and there is ZERO to do as far as homework. Did I mention she gets a 45-minute prep period every single day, too? We don't have Regents in PA, and AP courses are taught on a strictly voluntary basis.

Starting to understand how I feel talking math with Holcomb's Arm yet? :unsure:

I'm not going to get into a p!ssing contest over this with you. You obviously have some issues about teachers. Your statements about benefits and work load are uninformed and off the mark.I'm not sure how one goes on autopilot to read the equivilant of a novel a night (homework). Great range of independence? Ever hear of Regents or Advanced Placement courses? As far as College professors having more influence, well, as you said, you lack a degree so what are you basing this opinion on? Besides, those college professors were High School Students at one time. I guess the professors "cant do" either, becasue they "teach"

If there's a profession with more whiners, I've never heard of it.