97 Rock......Did they end up talking with Willis?

My UPS driver came in to work this morning and said that 97 rock was supposed to be getting a hold of Willis this morning to give him hell over the radio. They were also scheduling a burning of some sorts. Does anyone know if Rock got a hold of Willis? I would really like to hear that interview. It could be pretty fun to hear Willis trying to defend himself.

I can't imagine Willis doing an interview like that. The dude is all nuts and no sack.

Incidentally, what is with the riot mentality these days? The idea of burning things, etc, because a player is a douchebag seems brutally lame and childish to me.

I dunno why the riot attitude lol but I sure would like to see it. :nana:

My drive is a down to earth guy and not a bull craper so I know he is speaking the truth. Maybe 97 rock was going to TRY and get a hold of him. I would love to hear those guys go nuts on him.

Did Buffalo Mothers forget to teach the whole Sticks and Stones will not break your bones mentality?? Good Lord. But Willis said this and Willis said that. Boo F'ing Hoo... Who cares what he says. He is a below average RB from the University of Miami and we are actually giving what he says a forum.. I thought we were from Buffalo. We handle 5 feet of snow yet we cant handle Willis McGahee. Can we all stop worrying until someone with a half a brain says something bad about Buffalo? And a burning???Thanks Buffalo for making Indiana look cultured and progressive... We ought to take a page from the Colts. When another RB from the U left Indy and said similiar things about Indy on the way out you know what Indy did. They put a banner on the RCA Dome with Thanks for the memories. We moved on and then won a Superbowl without him. So here is an idea.... Forget about it. Ignore Willis McGahee. Go Bills. Be positive. Now I am going to take my own advice and stop talking/thinking about Willis McGahee and say GO BILLS!!!

Did Buffalo Mothers forget to teach the whole Sticks and Stones will not break your bones mentality?? Good Lord. But Willis said this and Willis said that. Boo F'ing Hoo... Who cares what he says. He is a below average RB from the University of Miami and we are actually giving what he says a forum.. I thought we were from Buffalo. We handle 5 feet of snow yet we cant handle Willis McGahee. Can we all stop worrying until someone with a half a brain says something bad about Buffalo? And a burning???Thanks Buffalo for making Indiana look cultured and progressive... We ought to take a page from the Colts. When another RB from the U left Indy and said similiar things about Indy on the way out you know what Indy did. They put a banner on the RCA Dome with Thanks for the memories. We moved on and then won a Superbowl without him. So here is an idea.... Forget about it. Ignore Willis McGahee. Go Bills. Be positive. Now I am going to take my own advice and stop talking/thinking about Willis McGahee and say GO BILLS!!!

I'm sure no one on the Colts chat sites had one bad thing to say about the "other RB from the U", when he left and dissed the team and city. This is a forum and WM talks like an idiot, that pretty much equals plenty of posts on the topic. He's classless and we are discussing it, so if you don't want to BooHoo's then join the Colts chat room.

I can't imagine Willis doing an interview like that. The dude is all nuts and no sack.

Incidentally, what is with the riot mentality these days? The idea of burning things, etc, because a player is a douchebag seems brutally lame and childish to me.

There is an approach to getting press coverage which really does not care what the article says about you but requires that the reporter "just spell the name right."

While this approach does not make sense for something like a political candidate as ultimately you are going to have the public vote for you or not, it does make some sense for an entertainment figure like an athlete as simply getting more attention nationally (particularly if the negative press you are receiving is going to be centered in a very small market like Buffalo and you can very credibly defend yourself in other markets and on ESPN by depicting their reaction as mere sour grapes) may help you get attention and sell yourself at football card signing opportunities.

For the most part I think folks who really dislike Willis can actually do him the most harm by simply ignoring him. With his public comments in national outlets such as his "baby momma" comments and his attempts (mission accomplished by him) to get folks talking about him from his irrelevant comments about the Bills moving to Toronto, this appears to be his strategy.

If you love Willis then by all means write posts to rag on him because this seems to be exactly what he wants. Doing an interview with 97 Rock serves their interests because they and outlets like WGR simply love getting ears from WNY so they can make more money selling soap, so it is easy for me see and unholy triumvirate of WNY radio ranters (looking to increase listeners so facilitating WM rants is great for them), of pissed off Bill fans (who supply the required public anger), and WM who may well love to incite folks in Buffalo to get a line in the various draft coverage that folks in WNY are pissed after losing him.

WM can easily spin this whole thing as few national reporters will hear any 97 Rock interview but will call WM who will happily give them a quote saying that some are simply sorry to see him go for so little compensation.

Its not true, but his attitude is probably just spell the name right.

If you love WM then rant about him being a jerk. If you hate WM then the best thing to be done is just to ignore him. i see myself as in the middle on him but ultimately I care very little about him cause he ain't a Bill anymore.

There is an approach to getting press coverage which really does not care what the article says about you but requires that the reporter "just spell the name right."

While this approach does not make sense for something like a political candidate as ultimately you are going to have the public vote for you or not, it does make some sense for an entertainment figure like an athlete as simply getting more attention nationally (particularly if the negative press you are receiving is going to be centered in a very small market like Buffalo and you can very credibly defend yourself in other markets and on ESPN by depicting their reaction as mere sour grapes) may help you get attention and sell yourself at football card signing opportunities.

For the most part I think folks who really dislike Willis can actually do him the most harm by simply ignoring him. With his public comments in national outlets such as his "baby momma" comments and his attempts (mission accomplished by him) to get folks talking about him from his irrelevant comments about the Bills moving to Toronto, this appears to be his strategy.

If you love Willis then by all means write posts to rag on him because this seems to be exactly what he wants. Doing an interview with 97 Rock serves their interests because they and outlets like WGR simply love getting ears from WNY so they can make more money selling soap, so it is easy for me see and unholy triumvirate of WNY radio ranters (looking to increase listeners so facilitating WM rants is great for them), of pissed off Bill fans (who supply the required public anger), and WM who may well love to incite folks in Buffalo to get a line in the various draft coverage that folks in WNY are pissed after losing him.

WM can easily spin this whole thing as few national reporters will hear any 97 Rock interview but will call WM who will happily give them a quote saying that some are simply sorry to see him go for so little compensation.

If you love WM then rant about him being a jerk. If you hate WM then the best thing to be done is just to ignore him. i see myself as in the middle on him but ultimately I care very little about him cause he ain't a Bill anymore.

Have you and crayonz hooked up yet? He has quite the crush on you. :nana:

As I recall you were his chief ball-washer after his lackluster performance in the Baltimore game last year. As a Bills fan it’s good to see that you have finally put the team before the player. Welcome aboard…! :nana:

ha. seriously. sounds like you're taking a class on journalism.

don't overthink this. it's a message board. people write about currnt events. this is one of them. there's not much going on. trash willis. it's fine. there's no brilliant willis pr machine watching saying 'yes! yes! it's all going exactly as i planned! haha!'

no. he's a child. he's a topic. that's it. it all goes away in a month if people post about him or not. he then makes headlines on the field.

the idea of telling people to fear posting because of they might be aiding mcgahee is hilarious. relax. it'll be fine.

I'm sure no one on the Colts chat sites had one bad thing to say about the "other RB from the U", when he left and dissed the team and city. This is a forum and WM talks like an idiot, that pretty much equals plenty of posts on the topic. He's classless and we are discussing it, so if you don't want to BooHoo's then join the Colts chat room.

I would join the Colts chat room but I am a Bills fan. Is that ok with you or if I dont share in the BooHoo's group whose uni should be burned does that disqualify me from being a Bills fan??

i say burn his jersey!........most bills fans didn't want willis here in the first place.he was a wasted draft pick to placet tom donahoes ego.bills fans have every right to have some fun at willis mcgahees expense.they ought to video tape the whole jersy burning extravaganza by showing it at the bills game on the big screen when the ravens come to town...........by the way buffalo muthas" taught an eye for an eye not sissy sticks and stones crap!go bills "07