[please fix subject]Thanks Marv!

TedBundy

Marv, I just wanted to thank you for a job well done.

Thank you for trading McGahee who ranked 25th amongst RB's for all-purpose yardage and who probably lead the NFL in fewest 20+ yard gains for (1) 3rd round draft selection in 2007, (1) 7th round draft selection in 2007 and (1) 3rd round draft selection in 2008, wow – I would’ve traded him for just (1) 7th round pick. And then he became a top 5 paid RB in the NFL... good luck with that Baltimore... that was almost as smart as thinking McNair was your savior.

And Marv, thank you for letting Fletcher go, an undersized LB that probably leads the league in tackles of 5+ yards… Washington, good luck - I'm sure Gregg Williams had something nice to say about Fletcher helping out the NFL’s worst ranked defense.

And Marv, thank you for trading an injury prone Spikes, who has never been on a team that has played in the playoffs; coincidence, I think not. Ok, maybe that was a little harsh, but with the way that Ellison played in 2006 and Spikes becoming a free-agent after next season… great move. And with this trade, picking up a monster of a DT that fills a draft void and getting a future 2008 pick. Marv, you’re my hero.

And Marv, thank you for establishing an O-line that is now comparable to the massive o-line once established by you with the likes of Wolford and Hull… I could run the ball behind those guys.

Now, for all you readers, let’s get something straight, come draft day… regardless of the Bills first round selection, Marv has made huge strides towards building a championship team. Remember, the Bills could still trade for Michael Turner and fill the RB void prior to draft day, however, if a RB is not acquired prior to the draft and Peterson is still available at #12, then the Bills will obviously make that selection. I’m sure Peterson is high enough on their board to make the selection at 12. But lets be honest, there really is no other RB worth a 12th round selection. If Peterson is not available, then my suggestion stands to draft Willis... and then the dynasty begins… With Ellison, Crowell, McCargo stepping up, our massive o-line, Whitner, McGee and Youboty, throw in a Ko Simpson and our own Bruce Smith in Schobel… is there really a better team in football, player for player? Remember, when Marv took this team to the Super Bowl against the Giants, his offense led the NFL in Scoring and Yards Per Game. I can’t wait to see Losman in the K-Gun or will it be renamed the L-Gun after a Super Bowl victory? Losman with protection, and weapons such as Evans, Reed, Price, Parrish, Royal and Everett... Maybe even throw in a Dwayne Jarrett after draft day... who's going to stop him?

Thanks again, Marv!!!

-Ted

I obviously think that the front office doesn't see Spikes being as good as Ellison if/when he becomes healthy. That was just too big of a question mark to go into the season with not knowing if he was going to return to full strength. I do think that Ellison does need to put on a few pounds, but the kid does have a head on his shoulders, and he progressed well as the season went on.

As far as McGahee, I believe he was average. People can say what they will about the OLine not being that good, but show me a glimpse of something special. He was unable to really do that since he supplanted T-Hen. DO you remember the shovel pass they ran at home against the Pats that went for 60 yards, but we had to settle for a FG because McGahee got caught from behind? He has no breakaway speed, and he really can't break tackles unless he's stiff arming people.

I really hope that we make a move for Turner. I think after seeing the extension that Gore recieved of $28M over 5 years, this would make Turner's price modest. Afterall, Gore has acutally proved something on the field over the course of an entire season and not just as a back-up. I don't think Turner will be traded before the draft though.

Thank you for trading McGahee who ranked 25th amongst RB's for all-purpose yardage and who probably lead the NFL in fewest 20+ yard gains for (1) 3rd round draft selection in 2007, (1) 7th round draft selection in 2007 and (1) 3rd round draft selection in 2008, wow – I would’ve traded him for just (1) 7th round pick. And then he became a top 5 paid RB in the NFL... good luck with that Baltimore... that was almost as smart as thinking McNair was your savior.

And Marv, thank you for letting Fletcher go, an undersized LB that probably leads the league in tackles of 5+ yards… Washington, good luck - I'm sure Gregg Williams had something nice to say about Fletcher helping out the NFL’s worst ranked defense.

And Marv, thank you for trading an injury prone Spikes, who has never been on a team that has played in the playoffs; coincidence, I think not. Ok, maybe that was a little harsh, but with the way that Ellison played in 2006 and Spikes becoming a free-agent after next season… great move. And with this trade, picking up a monster of a DT that fills a draft void and getting a future 2008 pick. Marv, you’re my hero.

And Marv, thank you for establishing an O-line that is now comparable to the massive o-line once established by you with the likes of Wolford and Hull… I could run the ball behind those guys.

Now, for all you readers, let’s get something straight, come draft day… regardless of the Bills first round selection, Marv has made huge strides towards building a championship team. Remember, the Bills could still trade for Michael Turner and fill the RB void prior to draft day, however, if a RB is not acquired prior to the draft and Peterson is still available at #12, then the Bills will obviously make that selection. I’m sure Peterson is high enough on their board to make the selection at 12. But lets be honest, there really is no other RB worth a 12th round selection. If Peterson is not available, then my suggestion stands to draft Willis... and then the dynasty begins… With Ellison, Crowell, McCargo stepping up, our massive o-line, Whitner, McGee and Youboty, throw in a Ko Simpson and our own Bruce Smith in Schobel… is there really a better team in football, player for player? Remember, when Marv took this team to the Super Bowl against the Giants, his offense led the NFL in Scoring and Yards Per Game. I can’t wait to see Losman in the K-Gun or will it be renamed the L-Gun after a Super Bowl victory? Losman with protection, and weapons such as Evans, Reed, Price, Parrish, Royal and Everett... Maybe even throw in a Dwayne Jarrett after draft day... who's going to stop him?

Thanks again, Marv!!!

-Ted

I'm curious what you said to all of Donahoe's moves.

I'm curious what you said to all of Donahoe's moves.

Are you referring to the Tom Donahoe that went 31-49 during his 5-year reign? That record was good enough for worst in the AFC over that period of time. I think that was the same Donahoe that traded the Bills first round selection to acquire Drew Bledsoe and after yet another season of not making the playoffs, he stated, “Our best chance to win is with Drew Bledsoe”? And I think it was that same Donahoe that decided to draft Willis and trade Henry. Or how about using his 4th overall pick on Mike Williams… good one.

Sure, there are some positives to Donahoe’s reign… I mean, we do have Losman, Evans, Moorman, Crowell, Lindell and McGee to name a few. But honestly, Marv reached the playoffs 8 out of 11 seasons as the Bills head coach and Donahoe as GM – ZERO.

Thanks again, Marv!

Thanks again, Marv!!!

-Ted

It would be called the R-Gun then. Be the first to tell me why......

One thing you can definitely sat about Marv... he's definitely trying to fix the lines. How many Defensive and Offensive linemen have been signed/drafted in the last 1.5 offseasons? For that, I certainly thank Marv. All the moves haven't been great (i.e. Reyes), but you have to give him credit for saying the lines need upgrading and then going out and trying to do something about it.

Thanks Marv, indeed.

Thanks again, Marv!!!

-Ted

Im not sure if your post was sarcastic but I will reply to it, as if you it were not.

Your first paragraph about McGahee was well said. From there on, I start to disagree with a few of your comments. Fletcher was a good player, who seemed to give it his all game after game, and part of the reason he was making tackles 5+ yards downfield is because we didnt have any good DT's to put some pressure on the offensive line. You could put Shawn Merriman on this team, and if we have no DT's that can push the offensive line back a bit, then even he (as good as he is) is going to be making a few tackles down the field.

Marv added one established good lineman this off-season. Dockery. We signed a question mark in Walker, and a backup in Whittle.

Is their really a better team player for player? About half of the league actually.

Ellison is no where near elite. Hopefully he will become elite someday.

Schobel equal to Bruce Smith? Not even close. Schobel is about 25 levels from Bruce Smith.

Personally I dont consider Reed, Price, or Everett "weapons" ... personally I see them as just about an average NFL wide receiver.

Thanks again, Marv!!!

-Ted

I want whatever it is that you are taking !!! The extra strength Vicodin I take for my back surgery makes me feel good about life but not to where I'm on cloud 9 and reality is no where in sight. Though the whole thing struck me as funny, the sentence using the word WEAPON in the same sentence as Everett and Royal really struck my funny bone. Wouldn't SUICIDE BOMBER be closer to describing them using military terminology.

I think 2008 looks promising (assuming needs are met in the draft) but this team has too many questions to justify the optimism (other than being on the drug of your choice).

Ahh.. you guys are funny. Obviously parts of this arcticle were a bit sarcastic, but lets be honest... The Bills have never been known for making much noise in the offseason and to see Marv come in and take action, I like it. As for being the best team, player for player - well, maybe a little sarcastic again, but we definitely have alot of young players with a ton of upside. Evans in only his 3rd season was 70 yards away from leading the NFL in receiving. I like the way Whitner and JP have developed and yeah, Ellison may need to put on a few pounds, but I definitely think we will be a more ballanced team this season and I'm very optimistic about making the playoffs.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.