I don't care if Marv goes heavy on defense in the draft again...

He can spend his other 30 picks in the draft (the way it is going) on defense since we are losing all of our starters but get us one of the top 2 backs with #12. If Peterson is there take him, if not grab Lynch. All the other backs are lower 2nd tier. Even with the offensive additions and defensive losses the defense is still the strength of this team without a top flight RB.

He can spend his other 30 picks in the draft (the way it is going) on defense since we are losing all of our starters but get us one of the top 2 backs with #12. If Peterson is there take him, if not grab Lynch. All the other backs are lower 2nd tier. Even with the offensive additions and defensive losses the defense is still the strength of this team without a top flight RB.

I must disagree with you becuase a RB is not our number one need in this draft therefore one should not be picked in the first round. The whole NFL world knows peterson will not be there at #12 so its not even worth speculating. Our two pressing needs going into the draft is LB and CB. We do have a vaible running back in A-train going into this season and we can also get a viable RB in the 2 rd and even as late as the third round. My favorite is pittman the other 2 heavy favorites are irons and bush and realistically anyone of those three RB will be good enough to step in. The front office improved our line for the specific reason that they had planned on not having a featured back this season.

The primary focus of this draft will be defense to get them younger and faster and hopefuly improving them and finding players that best fit Jaurons system. So in my perspective unlike most its the defense that needs the concetration right now.

I will argue to death with anyone that thinks that LB and especially CB are the most serious needs.

I love A-train but besides him we have nothing.

We are not going cornerback in the first two rounds.

We may have our starting LB unit already on this team whether people like it or not.

RB is the main concern on this team. Landing a potential 1500 yard rusher would be huge.

Cover 2 LBs do not need to be power house stars.

Buffalo Bills are desperate for top tier RB, but they are also in dire needs for a LB & CB.

Our defense was near last in the NFL last year and we lost most of our talent from that defense, so whats that tell you?

This has to be defensive draft, wether you like it or not.......I know one pick will be spend on a RB, just not sure where thats going to be....

When Takeo Spikes is traded, id be willing to bet money that Patrick Willis is on Buffalo's radar. He has to be. There is noway we stick with Coy Wire to replace Takeo Spikes.

I dont see any other ways about it, but Buffalo has to have another defensive draft in 2007 other then one pick which will be RB. And to be honest, I wouldnt be shocked to see Buffalo give Fred Jackson a shot at RB.

Buffalo may very well use all picks for the defense.

I will argue to death with anyone that thinks that LB and especially CB are the most serious needs.

I love A-train but besides him we have nothing.

We are not going cornerback in the first two rounds.

We may have our starting LB unit already on this team whether people like it or not.

RB is the main concern on this team. Landing a potential 1500 yard rusher would be huge.

Cover 2 LBs do not need to be power house stars.

I would rate out needs by priority as:

1. LB - especially if Spikes is traded, we will have to replace Fletcher and Spikes,

2. RB - we need one of the top tier rookies to share the load with A-Train,

3. CB - Add some depth/talent

4. DT - at least upgrade with a better prospect than Tim Anderson

I would like to see all of these positions addressed in day 1.

The one thing I will point out about the RB situation is look at Denver, they can spit out 1,000 yards backs with anyone running the ball. Question is, is this the method Buffalo is considering with our new OL? It might be. I do agree that a good OL can make any RB look good!

While the Bills have a few quality players offensively, the offense as a team was arguably the worst in the NFL last year, finishing in the bottom quarter of the league in almost every conceivable way. A quick overview:

Total Offensive Plays: 32nd

Total Yards per Game: 29th

First Downs per Game: 32nd

3rd Down Conversion%: 31st

Time of Possession: 30th

Rushing Yards per Game: 27th

Rushing Yards per Carry: 25th

Rushing First Downs: 29th

Carries of 20+ Yards: 29th

Rushing Touchdowns: 23rd

Passing Yards Per Game: 28th

Sacks Allowed: 26th

Passing Touchdowns: 18th

To say that these rankings suck would be a compliment. The two offensive linemen the Bills signed will help certainly help matters, but considering how terrible the unit was as a whole, there should be no doubt that this offense is still in dire need of additional upgrades.

None of this is to say that the Bills shouldn't upgrade their defense. I'm merely saying that the offense is at least an equal priority to the defense in terms of need for upgrade.

A reliable formula to spiff up the gate for a moribund franchise is to get a flashy RB. See CIN and Corey Dillon. And what did they do?

A reliable formula to spiff up the gate for a moribund franchise is to get a flashy RB. See CIN and Corey Dillon. And what did they do?

Getting a RB that can move the chains (we haven't had this since Henry) will eat time off the clock and keep the defense off the field. This, in itself, will improve the defense (via rest) more than any rookie LB can contribute. And besides, I hate to say this, but there is a reason we shelled out 10 million dollars to Coy Wire.

I must disagree with you becuase a RB is not our number one need in this draft therefore one should not be picked in the first round. The whole NFL world knows peterson will not be there at #12 so its not even worth speculating. Our two pressing needs going into the draft is LB and CB. We do have a vaible running back in A-train going into this season and we can also get a viable RB in the 2 rd and even as late as the third round. My favorite is pittman the other 2 heavy favorites are irons and bush and realistically anyone of those three RB will be good enough to step in. The front office improved our line for the specific reason that they had planned on not having a featured back this season.

The primary focus of this draft will be defense to get them younger and faster and hopefuly improving them and finding players that best fit Jaurons system. So in my perspective unlike most its the defense that needs the concetration right now.

Why CB? We have 4 viable corners. Nate's replacement was drafted last year (Youboty) and has been in the system for a year. If he were there this year we would be lucky to get him in the first. So again, why would we draft another corner in the 1st? To replace the replacements? We also kept all of our depth at CB and have two rising safties. I agree linebacker is a VERY pressing need so I wouldnt mind spending the 2nd rounder and maybe one of the (2) 3rd rounder's as well but Marv needs to get a RB 1st IMO. A-Train is a decent back up but after watching the Bills games over again from last year he was not a #1 back. I don't think the guys projected in the 2nd are either. Our offense will be better because of the line additions, but this offense revolves around the running back and RB should be our top replacement priority.