Schaub to Houston???

Peter

A few things I notice about this trade.

Atlanta is now in prime position to take S LaRon Landry at the 8 spot. Miami was the only other team with a realistic interest and they just got leapfrogged. Houston would be smart to take Levi Brown at the 10 spot. The AP talk (if he's even there) doesn't make sense with such a deep depth chart at the position (A. Green, W. Lundy, D. Williams, and R. Dayne).

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone will trade for Carr and pick up his large contract unless they really like him.

He needs to go to a team with more pieces around him to be successful.

One place that might work out well for him would be KC if the Chiefs are no longer interested in Trent Green

Houston paid the big bonus last year.

I believe Carr only costs $8 mil over the next 3 years.

Culpepper is a head case- Miami needs a QB unless Cam thinks he can work miracles with Cleo Lemon.

Do you have a strong disliking for Bush?

Not @ all. People just want to transpose Bush onto a different team and believe that he'd perform the same. That's ridiculous. In New Orleans, he has a better line, better QB play, more receivers (though I feel Johnson is better than any one WR on the Saints' roster, but they have more in terms of young talented WRs), and a veteran RB who was able to carry the load in terms of carries, so that Bush did not have to.

It's apples and oranges, and speculation on how he'd do in a less advantageous situation (like Houston) is just that: speculation.

Not @ all. People just want to transpose Bush onto a different team and believe that he'd perform the same. That's ridiculous. In New Orleans, he has a better line, better QB play, more receivers (though I feel Johnson is better than any one WR on the Saints' roster, but they have more in terms of young talented WRs), and a veteran RB who was able to carry the load in terms of carries, so that Bush did not have to.

It's apples and oranges, and speculation on how he'd do in a less advantageous situation (like Houston) is just that: speculation.

I wont speculate on how he would perform differently in Houston than in New Orleans, but I do believe Houston made the wrong decision in not picking him.

Don't be suprised if the Redskins make a play for Carr. I know they have Campbell but you know how Snyder likes those high draft picks that do not live up to potential.

dont be surprised if oakland goes for him and can have cj

How pissed would the fans of the Bills be if we gave an 8 Million dollar bonus to our average QB and pledged commitment to him, then a year later turned around and traded 2 second round picks and moved down three spots in the top ten of draft to acquire an unproven 6td, 6int QB???

How pissed would the fans of the Bills be if we gave an 8 Million dollar bonus to our average QB and pledged commitment to him, then a year later turned around and traded 2 second round picks and moved down three spots in the top ten of draft to acquire an unproven 6td, 6int QB???

pretty pissed is my guess. and then the texans just inked Schaub to a 6yr/$48mil deal today...

pretty happy according to the comments last offseason, Shaub was close to being a god around here and the eventual replacement for JP when the coaching staff finally cam to their senses and realised he sucked