Draft prospects NFL comparisons

ESPN puts an NFL equivalent to the draft prospects. I always enjoy looking at this kinda stuff because I follow NFL alot more than college. Please bare in mind they will sometimes compare an all star player to a projected fifth round selection. Anyway here goes some of the top prospects. I have also added the position ranking and the Bills comparisons.

QB

1 Jamarcus Russell- Daunte Culpepper

2 Brady Quinn- Trent Green

3 Drew Stanton- Mark Brunell

4 Troy Smith- Drew Brees

5 Kevin Kolb- JP Losman

16 Matt Moore- Kelly Holcomb

HB

1 Adrian Peterson- Shaun Alexander

2 Marshawn Lynch- Clinton Portis

3 Brandon Jackson- Willie Parker

4 Michael Bush- Larry Johnson (although he broke his leg in the first game last year and did not play)

5 Kenny Irons- Cadillac Williams

6 Antonio Pittman- Julius Jones

7 Tony Hunt- Rudi Johnson

8 Darius Walker- Chester Taylor

9 Dwayne Wright- Frank Gore

10 Lorenzo Booker- Warrick Dunn

26 Chris Henry- Anthony Thomas

FB

1. Brian Leonard- Greg Jones (by the way they have him going to the Pats with their 2nd firtst rounder)

2 Corey Anderson- Jeremi Johnson

3 Le'Ron McClain- Mike Karney

WR

1. Calvin Johnson- Randy Moss

2. Ted Ginn Jr.- Santana Moss

3. Dwayne Jarrett- Plaxico Burress

4. Dwayne Bowe- Andre Johnson

5. Sidney Rice- Chad Johnson

6. Robert Meachem- Roy Williams

7. Anthony Gonzalez- Torry Holt

8. Craig Davis- Reggie Wayne

9. Aundrae Allison- Lee Evans

TE

1. Greg Olsen- Jason Witten

2. Zach Miller- Todd Heap

3. Scott Chandler- Heath Miller

4. Matt Spaeth- Steve Heiden

5. Ben Patrick- Randy McMichael

22. Zac Herold- Robert Royal

OT

1. Joe Thomas- Orlando Pace

2. Levi Brown- Bryant McKinnie

3.Joe Staley- Matt Lepsis

4. Justin Blalock- Vernon Carey

5. Tony Ugoh- Kwame Harris

OG

1. Ben Grubbs- Steve Hutchinson

2. Arron Sears- Brian Waters

3. Josh Beekman- Damien Woody

4. Marshal Yanda- Cosey Coleman

C

1. Ryan Kalil- Olin Kreutz

2. Samson Satele- Kevin Mawae

3. Doug Datish- Shaun O'Hara

7. LeRoy Harris- Melvin Fowler

DT

1. Alan Branch- Shaun Rogers

2. Amobi Okoye- Tommie Harris

3. Tank Tyler- Anthony McFarland

4. Justin Harrell- Darnell Dockett

5. Brandon Mebane- Bryant Young

6. Ryan McBean- Raheem Brock

15. Keith Jackson- Kyle Williams

DE

1. Gaines Adams- Jevon Kearse

2. Jamaal Anderson- Michael Strahan

3. Adam Carriker- Trevor Pryce

4. Jarvis Moss- John Abraham

5. Charles Johnson- Derrick Burgess

14. Jay Moore- Aaron Schobel

19. Jay Richardson- Chris Kelsay

ILB

1. Patrick Willis- Jonathan Vilma

2. Brandon Siler- Antonio Pierce

3. David Harris- Ed Hartwell

4. Buster Davis- London Fletcher

5. Jon Abbate- Zach Thomas

6. Nate Harris- Kawika Mitchell

7. H.B. Blades- Larry Foote

OLB

1. Lawrence Timmons- Keith Bulluck

2. Paul Posluszny- A.J. Hawk

3. Jon Beason- Lance Briggs

4. Rufus Alexander- Ernie Sims

5. Earl Everett- Omar Gaither

CB

1. Leon Hall- Ty Law

2. Darrelle Revis- Terence Newman

3. Aaron Ross- Nate Clements

4. Daymeion Hughes- Ronde Barber

5. Marcus McCauley- Chris McAlister

6. Chris Houston- Lito Sheppard

7. Tanard Jackson- Antrel Rolle

8. Jonathan Wade- Andre Dyson

9. Josh Wilson- Ricky Manning Jr.

10. Eric Wright- Deltha O'Neal

S

1. LaRon Landry- Brian Dawkins

2. Reggie Nelson- Ed Reed

3. Michael Griffin- Chris Hope

4. Brandon Meriweather- Eugene Wilson

5. Eric Weddle- Josh Bullocks

K

Mason Crosby- Sebastian Janikowski

Dwayne Bowe reminds me of a young Terrell Owens with the way he uses his obvious strength advantage to get separation and fight for the ball.

And if Adrian Peterson is the next Shaun Alexander, I'm not sure that's worth the 12th pick.

Huh? Personally, I don't get the Alexander comparison because Peterson's running style does NOT remind me of Alexander's running style. Still, if you knew that you were drafting a back that would get you around 1500 yards and 14 or more TDs each year for the next 5-6 years (not to mention a league MVP) -- regardless of what he does after that -- I think you'd use that #12 pick on such a player without hesitation.

jon beason got sh------- workout numbers, but he's a friggin player. against fsu the 2 (or 3) years he played them, he was damn near unblockable every game. not that fsu's offense was a powerhouse by any means, but he was a player that fsu knew had to be accounted for and never was.

i wouldn't mind grabbing him with our 2nd/3rd round pick, if he falls that far.

Huh? Personally, I don't get the Alexander comparison because Peterson's running style does NOT remind me of Alexander's running style. Still, if you knew that you were drafting a back that would get you around 1500 yards and 14 or more TDs each year for the next 5-6 years (not to mention a league MVP) -- regardless of what he does after that -- I think you'd use that #12 pick on such a player without hesitation.

I think he was a product of running behind the best left side ever. It showed this year (albeit with injuries as well). Lets see what he does this year, but it wouldn't at all surprise me to see a sub-4 YPC again this season.

I always hate these comparisons. First, it just seems like they randomly throw names out there. Peterson is like Alexander? Bush is like Larry Johnson? Why, because he's big?

Second, according to these comparisons, the first two rounds of the draft would be offering up half of the leagues best players.

jon beason got sh------- workout numbers, but he's a friggin player. against fsu the 2 (or 3) years he played them, he was damn near unblockable every game. not that fsu's offense was a powerhouse by any means, but he was a player that fsu knew had to be accounted for and never was.

i wouldn't mind grabbing him with our 2nd/3rd round pick, if he falls that far.

Good point. Heavy or light, tall or short, all the collegians have football skills. Spend the money on the talent there between the ears. Football is a complex sport, demanding split-second decisions when play commences and a pre-snap evaluation of what the opponent may do in the 10 or 15 or so seconds as the players get set. Football is a concerted effort - in my view, the athletic analogy to a symphony orchestra. Every player's actions count and add to the result.

Michale Bush = larry johnson?! hahahahahaha (that doesn't even deserve more of a comment)

i also don't get the kenny irons/cadilac williams comparison? i like them both, but what the heck is similar about the two? Irons is more small, swifty and quick (although not super "fast"). Cadilac is more of a between the tackles runner with enough speed to get to the outside. am i missing something?

These comparisons are worthless