Trading rules loophole?

I have seen a number of trade rumors on this site and others which have the Bills trading our 5th round pick. That is weird because we already traded that for Hargrove. Maybe they mean next year's 5th but I think something else is going on.

Now I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone but one thing is for certain. They are forgetful.

If Marv goes ahead and trades our 5th round pick because he forgot, I believe the rules state we have to give up Hargrove instead. I think this may be what the other teams are really after. I hope Marv does not get fooled because I sort of like Hargrove.

I have seen a number of trade rumors on this site and others which have the Bills trading our 5th round pick. That is weird because we already traded that for Hargrove. Maybe they mean next year's 5th but I think something else is going on.

Now I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone but one thing is for certain. They are forgetful.

If Marv goes ahead and trades our 5th round pick because he forgot, I believe the rules state we have to give up Hargrove instead. I think this may be what the other teams are really after. I hope Marv does not get fooled because I sort of like Hargrove.

Please keep your homo tendancies to yourself. They are immoral and this board has a don't ask, don't tell policy.

Compensatory picks are awarded at the end of the 5th round. Chris Brown expects the Bills to be awarded 2 picks, one of which the Bills will use to sweeten the Briggs deal.

It's simple. The rules actually state we have to give up Marv instead.

It's simple. The rules actually state we have to give up Marv instead.

And a Bills Fan message board of their choice. Rumor is Pats are negotiating for the one with all the pictures, graphics, etc.. that will cause an epileptic fit if used too much.

If that's accurate about having to give up the player if you don't still posess the pick in the designated round is pretty interesting. Would Buffalo be willing to forfeit Hargrove for another player? Based on what potential player, I think it might be tempting.

If that's accurate about having to give up the player if you don't still posess the pick in the designated round is pretty interesting. Would Buffalo be willing to forfeit Hargrove for another player? Based on what potential player, I think it might be tempting.

If they wanted to trade Hargrove they could just trade him. No problem. I think they are being tricked into it because Marv is old and forgot. Multiple teams have asked for the Bills 5th. Why not the 4th or 6th? They are screwing with Marv.

I hope Bills management reads this board.

If they wanted to trade Hargrove they could just trade him. No problem. I think they are being tricked into it because Marv is old and forgot. Multiple teams have asked for the Bills 5th. Why not the 4th or 6th? They are screwing with Marv.

I hope Bills management reads this board.

Our 5th round pick is getting a lot of trade interest, for some reason. There's been a lot of talk, anyways.

Our 5th round pick is getting a lot of trade interest, for some reason. There's been a lot of talk, anyways.

I know I've read/heard about it in multiple places. I think Dan Silleo brought it up first, then LaDuca.

And NorwesterBill...I happen to know that Bills higher ups visit this site regurlarly. I wonder why?

I don't believe that is accurate about being able to offer a RFA a contract if the new club does not posess the qualifying draft pick. If there is no qualifying draft pick available, then the player who occupies that draft pick cannot be the compensation. Below are two links, one is the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement and the second one is the Veteran Free Agency Article XIX. I could have misread it so if anyone has any legal contract experience then maybe you can explain it in simpler language.

http://www.nflpa.org/CBA/CBA_Complete.aspx

Read Section 3. Offer Sheet and First Refusal Procedures: page 38-©

http://www.nflpa.org/cba/cba_pdf/Article_X...Free_Agency.pdf

I know I've read/heard about it in multiple places. I think Dan Silleo brought it up first, then LaDuca.

And NorwesterBill...I happen to know that Bills higher ups visit this site regurlarly. I wonder why?

hey don't get me wrong.. I come here to read opinions/ news reports for a reason. I value the opinion of the people who frequent this board. I just have a hard time swallowing this whole marv doesnt know whats going on business. I find it highly unlikely that something that critical would be overlooked by the somebody who as far as I can tell is very intelligent. IF somehow we lose a player in this fashion, I would put money on the fact that it was a calculated move.

hey don't get me wrong.. I come here to read opinions/ news reports for a reason. I value the opinion of the people who frequent this board. I just have a hard time swallowing this whole marv doesnt know whats going on business. I find it highly unlikely that something that critical would be overlooked by the somebody who as far as I can tell is very intelligent. IF somehow we lose a player in this fashion, I would put money on the fact that it was a calculated move.

Could be crazy like a fox