Roger Waters coming to Darien Lake July 13

Urban legend...if you like, I can post the links countering this. These sort of accusations go back to the "In The Flesh" tour. Mostly due to newbies unfamiliar with the tape effects that Floyd and Waters have been using since the beginning.

Also, to rebut a bit of the dirge that has been suggested by others in this thread that Waters is musically inept and an average bass player are really ludicrous. Obviously, Gilmour is an outstanding guitarist and Waters is better with the talented Gilmour than without him. Waters sang a bunch of early Floyd after Syd. There's "If", "Free Four", "San Tropez", "Green Is The Color", etc. and he sang all the vocals (as many as there were) on "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" on WYWH. After Syd, Wright sang an equal amount to Gilmour of early Floyd tunes.

Clapton (Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking) and Jeff Beck (Amused to Death) working with Waters on his solo efforts just shows how highly regarded he is. And both knew how difficult it was to work with him.

Also, if you have not seen it, check out VH1s Classic Albums "Dark Side of the Moon" and watch Waters play a bluesy version of his original track for Money.

I hope you did not take my posts to say that I did not think Waters was talented as a songwriter and performer (I put him in the same breath as Dylan and Springsteen). However, he was not a good bass player. Gilmour covered for his inadequecies many times. Floyd is my favorite band and I think Waters is great! However, I do hold a grudge against him for being a dick which caused the break-up of the band. Maybe I am a bit biased.

Also, Waters had Clapton and Beck with him to help fill the necessary void left by Gilmour. Waters knows he can not carry the load musically - at least he has self-awareness.

FWIW - Waters has a song on the recently released "The Last Mimzy" collaborating with Howard Shore from "The Lord of the Rings" soundtrack.

Also, there is a copy of the original 1/2" quad tape recording of Dark Side of the Moon by Alan Parsons floating around in the ether. To really appreciate it, you will want to listen to it on 5:1 sound system. It is quad, so there will be no center channel. I can vouch for the quality and the fact that it is not software created. Theories abound as to how it got out of the EMI vault. One is that Parsons released it when he was miffed that Guthrie was chosen to re-engineer the 30th anniversary CD. Maybe some EMI admin grabbed it for her boyfriend. In any case, it is amazing. Simply google "DSOTM DVDA" to find the torrent. Be prepared for a long download as there are not many seeds. I would have gladly purchased it if it were for sale but it is not available in retail.

I hope you did not take my posts to say that I did not think Waters was talented as a songwriter and performer (I put him in the same breath as Dylan and Springsteen). However, he was not a good bass player. Gilmour covered for his inadequecies many times. Floyd is my favorite band and I think Waters is great! However, I do hold a grudge against him for being a dick which caused the break-up of the band. Maybe I am a bit biased.

Also, Waters had Clapton and Beck with him to help fill the necessary void left by Gilmour. Waters knows he can not carry the load musically - at least he has self-awareness.

Great post! I agree 100%.

I finally broke down and bought tix to see him in NJ in May. I had been boycotting him all these years for the same reason you have your grudge. Since Live 8, however, I've soften on him, especially when I hear him say he would tour with the band again.

Of course it is, because it's Pink Floyd ala 1969.

Damn straight it is...loved that album! And Gilmour in concert was awesome (RCMH, April 2006). :thumbsup:

Just being able to see him and Richard Wright to Echoes live was worth the price of admission. And of course, watching Dave do Comfortably Numb was great!

JUST BOUGHT MY TICKETS!!!! WOO HOO!

($130 - I better get a BJ the whole concert by some groupies for that price)

I went with the $85 mid-level side view seats rather then the wife-enraging $145 floor/lower-level side seats. And I'm not expecting a BJ either way. :thumbsup:

I went with the $85 mid-level side view seats rather then the wife-enraging $145 floor/lower-level side seats. And I'm not expecting a BJ either way. :thumbsup:

Just bought a single ducket in Sec 201 for the July 13 show. Love the wife, but I'm not dropping $300+ on Roger (for Floyd I'd spend whatever it took, however).

Telling the wife I'm going to a Bisons game...hope they're playing that night.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Your thoughtful reply and lines in your sig prompt me to be a dick.

Check out the character, The Sphinx (Wes Studi), in Mystery Men. Here are a sampling of his lines in the movie:

The Sphinx: We are number one. All others are number two, or lower.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sphinx: To learn my teachings, I must first teach you how to learn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sphinx: You must lash out with every limb, like the octopus who plays the drums.

The Sphinx: He who questions training only trains himself at asking questions.

The Sphinx: When you care what is outside, what is inside cares for you.

and then the reply by Mr. Furious (Ben Stiller) to these inane sayings:

Mr. Furious: Okay, am I the only one who finds these sayings just a little bit formulaic? "If you want to push something down, you have to pull it up. If you want to go left, you have to go right." It's...

The Sphinx: Your temper is very quick, my friend. But until you learn to master your rage...

Mr. Furious: ...your rage will become your master? That's what you were going to say. Right? Right?

The Sphinx: Not necessarily.

Your thoughtful reply and lines in your sig prompt me to be a dick.

Check out the character, The Sphinx (Wes Studi), in Mystery Men. Here are a sampling of his lines in the movie:

The Sphinx: We are number one. All others are number two, or lower.

The Sphinx: To learn my teachings, I must first teach you how to learn.

The Sphinx: You must lash out with every limb, like the octopus who plays the drums.

The Sphinx: He who questions training only trains himself at asking questions.

The Sphinx: When you care what is outside, what is inside cares for you.

and then the reply by Mr. Furious (Ben Stiller) to these inane sayings:

Mr. Furious: Okay, am I the only one who finds these sayings just a little bit formulaic? "If you want to push something down, you have to pull it up. If you want to go left, you have to go right." It's...

The Sphinx: Your temper is very quick, my friend. But until you learn to master your rage...

Mr. Furious: ...your rage will become your master? That's what you were going to say. Right? Right?

The Sphinx: Not necessarily.

;):D:w00t: