Are we drafting 2 RBs?

Here's the comment by Thomas...

"We've got the draft coming up," said Thomas. "So I think they'll get a couple of good guys in there and we'll see what happens."

"We don't necessarily feel like we're done," said Jauron. "We'll keep looking. There are a lot of options still open to us so any way that we feel we can make the team stronger, we'll make it stronger."

I can see us spending our 2nd on a guy like Irons and maybe even a 3rd on Leonard from Rutgers. He seems like Marv's type of player, would fill the FB hole, and provide us with a FB that can also carry the ball. I'm not sure if he's a decent receiver or not. Thoughts?

I can see us spending our 2nd on a guy like Irons and maybe even a 3rd on Leonard from Rutgers. He seems like Marv's type of player, would fill the FB hole, and provide us with a FB that can also carry the ball. I'm not sure if he's a decent receiver or not. Thoughts?

I can see us going with either of these 2 scenarios.....

1. Peterson or Lynch with the #12 pick.....whichever is available..... and Leonard with our 3rd

or

2. Hunt or Irons in the 2nd.....whichever is available.....and Leonard with our 3rd

Leonard reminds me of Alstott....Man was he a bruiser!

That would be perfect- getting both peterson/lynch and leonard, but I'm not so sure leonard will last into the 3rd, and there's no way we can spend our first 2 picks on rb/fb, esp with our hole at LB. If leonard is in the 3rd, i'd say great, get him, but definetly don't spend a 2nd on him.

Very Rudy80-ish... 0:)

:worthy:

Personally, I think more and more that the 2nd round pick is earmarked for Daymeion Hughes, CB, Cal if he lasts.

Round 3 is more where I see the RB being taken.

I don't think the Bills will take Irons...if they do they would want to see if he lasts until the third.

Hunt is a possibility but again I think they will wait to see what's there in the third.

All this changes if Peterson is by some miracle there in the 1st round but I doubt it.

I think 1st round will boil down to Okoye, Branch or Willis in that order. I expect one of the DTs to slide through to us. I would then peg the first three rounds as

1. DT

2. Daymeion Hughes (perfect cover 2 corner)

3a. RB

3b. Zak DeOssie, LB, Brown (more I read about this guy and how he is also a long snapper and a great special teams player the more I think we will pick him and do it early to make sure we get him).

Personally, I think more and more that the 2nd round pick is earmarked for Daymeion Hughes, CB, Cal if he lasts.

Round 3 is more where I see the RB being taken.

I don't think the Bills will take Irons...if they do they would want to see if he lasts until the third.

Hunt is a possibility but again I think they will wait to see what's there in the third.

All this changes if Peterson is by some miracle there in the 1st round but I doubt it.

I think 1st round will boil down to Okoye, Branch or Willis in that order. I expect one of the DTs to slide through to us. I would then peg the first three rounds as

1. DT

2. Daymeion Hughes (perfect cover 2 corner)

3a. RB

3b. Zak DeOssie, LB, Brown (more I read about this guy and how he is also a long snapper and a great special teams player the more I think we will pick him and do it early to make sure we get him).

You think they are counting on getting a starting running back in the 3rd? I have more faith in the organization than that. Now I'm sure you are gonna post some starting back from the 3rd. What do you think the odds are that a team is gonna find a starter in the 3rd, 1 in 30 maybe ?

You think they are counting on getting a starting running back in the 3rd? I have more faith in the organization than that. Now I'm sure you are gonna post some starting back from the 3rd. What do you think the odds are that a team is gonna find a starter in the 3rd, 1 in 30 maybe ?

Actually, no, I don't think they are going to necessarily get a starter in the third. Or the second. Anthony Thomas is the starter right now. I don't think any back except possibly Michaeal Bush drafted after the first is going to start for us right now. The draft is not that strong in backs. I certainly know that Irons is not going to start ahead of Thomas. Maybe Hunt, but even that I doubt.