espn2 report: cowboys looking to move julius jones

yes he's durable and has good speed. but he wants a contract extension and would be expensive, that's why cowboys are moving him. guys of his calibar should be available in first 3 rounds of draft. colts showed everyone the way that with a good offensive line you don't need to sign the biggest FA out there and or get the highest profile rookie to have a winning running game. jones and ATrain could work as a decent pair, but jones will want the kind of money ravens gave mcgahee, which i say is too much when you have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds.

I still laugh when I see these teams offering big money for a FA RB....ala Baltimore with McGahee.

They traded 3 picks away for him? Why? This years draft is deep with RB's. A pretty good RB will be there in round 2. I think thats why Buffalo traded McGahee anyways and took whatever for him. I see Buffalo going defense in the first round, and RB in the 2nd. But I can also see them going after Lynch who is that all purpose back they are looking for. But I still think you can find a RB like that in round 2 aswell.

I still laugh when I see these teams offering big money for a FA RB....ala Baltimore with McGahee.

They traded 3 picks away for him? Why? This years draft is deep with RB's. A pretty good RB will be there in round 2. I think thats why Buffalo traded McGahee anyways and took whatever for him. I see Buffalo going defense in the first round, and RB in the 2nd. But I can also see them going after Lynch who is that all purpose back they are looking for. But I still think you can find a RB like that in round 2 aswell.

Last year, the NFL poster child team was the Miami Dolphins. Wow! Nick Saban! Wow! Daunte Culpepper! it's Miami! wow!

The Bills were cannon fodder (along with the Jets)

Now, the jets are "hot" and the Bills remain, the dumbest folks around. Donte Whitner? He plays football? Whatta reach! But people still listen to them and buy their rags. Experts? my behind.

Now, the McGahee trade is the Ravens 'steal of the century'! Righton, experts, Right on. I have been catching the news: GREAT blocker! Whatta receiver! Explosive to the hole. Breakaway speed. Stupid stupid Bills. Stupid stupid stupid.

The Bills spent HOW MUCH on offensive guards? How much on an avergae RT from Oakland? (Quite honestly, I don't know much about these players...but who should I trust more....the experts or marv? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)

The Bills traded Eric Mould last year for a 5th rnd pick that they turned into starting DT Kyle Williams. RT Terrence Pennington was a 7th round pick last year. Now the Bills get a 3rd, a 7th this year and a 3rd next year? For Willis?

In a draft LOADED with quality RB's?

stupid Bills. Stupid stupid stupid.

I think our OL will be alot better then last year. Walker was a good OL on a bad team, sound familiar? Jason Peters? As for Dockery, I have a friend whos a major skins fan and he clearly stated it was a bad move by the skins to let Dockery walk. He said he was a huge reason the skins were 7th in the league in rushing, so to me these guys were worth every penny they got.

I think Peters & Dockery will be the best leftside in the NFL once they get a few games together.

I think our OL will be alot better then last year. Walker was a good OL on a bad team, sound familiar? Jason Peters? As for Dockery, I have a friend whos a major skins fan and he clearly stated it was a bad move by the skins to let Dockery walk. He said he was a huge reason the skins were 7th in the league in rushing, so to me these guys were worth every penny they got.

I think Peters & Dockery will be the best leftside in the NFL once they get a few games together.

I love your optimism about the O line. I do not think that Marv and Dick are going to give out big contracts unless they have done there homework on Dockery, Walker, and Wittle. I see a much more powerful, drive blocking type of line that is going to move the pile which we have not seen a lot of for some time. Combine that with a group of running backs that won't dance at the line of scrimmage, but instead hit the hole with authority, and I think we will see a much improved offense.

Last year, the NFL poster child team was the Miami Dolphins. Wow! Nick Saban! Wow! Daunte Culpepper! it's Miami! wow!

Now, the jets are "hot" and the Bills remain, the dumbest folks around. Donte Whitner? He plays football? Whatta reach! But people still listen to them and buy their rags. Experts? my behind.

Now, the McGahee trade is the Ravens 'steal of the century'! Righton, experts, Right on. I have been catching the news: GREAT blocker! Whatta receiver! Explosive to the hole. Breakaway speed. Stupid stupid Bills. Stupid stupid stupid.

The Bills spent HOW MUCH on offensive guards? How much on an avergae RT from Oakland? (Quite honestly, I don't know much about these players...but who should I trust more....the experts or marv? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)

The Bills traded Eric Mould last year for a 5th rnd pick that they turned into starting DT Kyle Williams. RT Terrence Pennington was a 7th round pick last year. Now the Bills get a 3rd, a 7th this year and a 3rd next year? For Willis?

You hit on all cylinders. Nice post.

This is so true, and it will never stop being that way until we win games, make the playoffs. We are the Bungles of yesterday.

oh god not another julius jones post! julius jones has no great speed, he has no out burst, the only time i saw him have one long rush was against the saints and it was 76 yards. He got replaced the year after he became the starter, marion barber is a better back then him.

oh god not another julius jones post! julius jones has no great speed, he has no out burst, the only time i saw him have one long rush was against the saints and it was 76 yards. He got replaced the year after he became the starter, marion barber is a better back then him.

This is pretty damn true.

Julius Jones is a decent back with good lateral quickness and a decent receiver out of the backfield. He can create some mismatch problems, and would be ok in a dual carry role. He lacks any real power and doesn't break many tackles. His overall breakaway speed is a bit exaggerated, and not nearly the big play threat many make him out to be. Take this under consideration in 3 years julius jones has 13 runs of 20+ yards. The guy we just traded has 18. He offers no benefit as a short yardage back, and no benefit running up the middle. Dallas would want far too much on a below average rb.

No it's not. This draft has 2 good backs and a bunch of fodder. Next years class is deep. This years is not even close. There's Peterson and Bush and everyone else. Marshawn Lynch a top 16 pick give me a break.

They traded 3 picks away for him? Why? This years draft is deep with RB's.

I think we got a good deal for the mcgahee trade, but again this years draft is not "deep" at rb especially compared to the last few years. There's a bunch of marginal talent and 2 maybe 3 starting caliber rb's. 2 with injury questions and one with questionable character issues coming from a confrence with pretty weak defenses.