"Ask him Yourself - Mularky"

stevestojan

I looked down Page 1, and didnt see a thread on the Mularky Q&A, but I like this question:

Gary Gegenfurtner (Rochester, NY): I have heard that Buffalo only hires a referee for practice during the summer. Since Buffalo's largest dilemma seems to be in penalties, do you think hiring one for every practice during the season is appropriate to discipline the players?

M Mularkey: We are in the process of doing that and we should have one this Wednesday and we should be good for the rest of this season.

I looked down Page 1, and didnt see a thread on the Mularky Q&A, but I like this question:

Gary Gegenfurtner (Rochester, NY): I have heard that Buffalo only hires a referee for practice during the summer. Since Buffalo's largest dilemma seems to be in penalties, do you think hiring one for every practice during the season is appropriate to discipline the players?

M Mularkey: We are in the process of doing that and we should have one this Wednesday and we should be good for the rest of this season.

66820[/snapback]

Practice referees are like the kid who studies and studies for his SATs and does well on the practice exam; then when the live bullets start flying and he has to get it right, the kid craps out and has to apologize to his parents. :ph34r:

The reality is, the Jets put a tremendous emphasis on penalties, and prior to our game had only nine in their first three games. They've had a referee at every one of their practices, and spend time after practice reviewing the penalties with the ref.

We, on the other hand, seem to get nine penalties before halftime of every game, and they're always drive-killers...and in at least one case, a game-killer.

There's nothing wrong with trying to improve in an area where there is plenty of room for improvement.