AD Peterson

http://www.draftnotebook.com/draft_projection.htm

http://nfldaily.com/2007_nfl_draft_predictions.htm

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10056634

all of these sites are updated within the last two days..... thats why they have us drafting AP.. some of the other recent ones are also calling for marshawn lynch too and it looks like they're not projecting much defense for our first round.. just food for thought..

http://www.draftnotebook.com/draft_projection.htm

http://nfldaily.com/2007_nfl_draft_predictions.htm

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10056634

all of these sites are updated within the last two days..... thats why they have us drafting AP.. some of the other recent ones are also calling for marshawn lynch too and it looks like they're not projecting much defense for our first round.. just food for thought..

i think that if hes there, we take him, no question. lynch i think we pass on due to the fact that there is similar talent to be had at a lower spot in the draft. however, i really dont think hell be there, and i do hope we trade down a few spots and get a LB or DT. if Branch is there at 12 take him!

COULD WE PLEASE STOP WITH ADRIAN PETERSON THREADS. HE IS NOT GOING TO FALL TO THE BILLS AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO TRADE FOR HIM. GO BACK TO YOUR PLAYSTATION 3, AND STOP PLAGUING THE BOARD WITH NONSENSE.

although it's highly unlikly that Peterson would fall to number 12, ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLE! Only one team REALLY needs a starting RB in the first 11 picks and that's Cleveland. The only other teams that would even consider taking Peterson are Vikings and Texans. Now lets look at those three teams. Clevalnd just signed Jamaal Lewis (abeit a 1 year deal) and trade Droughns, so they could definitely use an upgrade. The texans would be the next most likely team, but just signed Green to a very large contract. The Vikings have chester taylor and Mewelde Moore as a back up. Here's some info on Moore from their website:

The Vikings are 4-0 in games when Moore runs for 100+ yards...Proved to be a playmaker in 2005 as he accounted for 1,246 combined yards with 662 rushing, 339 receiving, 245 on punt returns and 72 on kickoff returns... Enjoyed a breakout year of production as a rusher, receiver and return man...He's entering his third year in the NFL.

All three teams, Cleveland, Vikings and Texans covet Brady Quinn. Now, although I think the chances that Cleveland takes Petterson are at about 85% here's some new interesting news:

http://rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Brady Quinn-QB- Player Mar. 13 - 12:04 am et

Brady Quinn is expected to meet with the Cleveland Browns this week.

Two league sources told Yahoo Sports that rumors of Quinn's draft stock falling are false. "The kid did his part," one source said in response to the idea that Quinn didn't win big games in college. "He played very well. Was he great every time? No, but nobody is. The fact is that Notre Dame didn't have nearly the talent that a bunch of other teams had."

So it IS possible for Peterson to start falling. Now some people keep saying that if Peterson DOES start falling, then he'll never make it to 12 because someone would trade up to get him. But they fail to state who that someone would be. Green Bay is the only team picking between 13 and 19 that would desperatly need a RB enough to trade up for him. But if you think about it rationally it wouldn't make much sense for them to trade up to get peterson unless they had him rated lightyears ahead of lynch and REALLY wanted him. That's because there are only three teams right now that really need starting Rb's: Clevland (3), Buffalo (12) and GB (15). Peterson is a 5 star talent which is why there's a possibility other teams would take him even though RB isn't priority one. Lynch is not that though so you can eliminate the vikes and texans. Therefore, if Peterson gets passed Cleveland, until some other team makes a surprise move and take Peterson, they have to believe that lynch would fall to them, becuase there's only one team (buffalo) standing between them and two players still on the board (peterson and lynch).

The next team would be Tennesssee at 19. But to trade from 19 to even 11 would cost a lot and they just spent a high pick on white last year. Following that they're the giants at 20 who just added bell to go along with jacobs, the broncos at 21 who just added henry, the cowboys who have jones and barber, the chiefs with LJ, the pats with Maroney, the jets with jones, the eagles with westbrook, the saints with bush and mccalister, pats again, ravens with mcgahee and then finally the bears with benson and the colts with addai. Most of these teams could use another back, you can never have too many backs in the NFL, but any trade from the 20's into the singles would cost a boat load and as you can see, do any of them need a RB THAT bad? nope.

So it is possible, Not probable Petterson could fall, but it COULD happen. AND ITS NOT JUST A MADDEN FANTASY! I HIGHLY doubt anyone would trade above the Bills to get him though unless GB really really really liked him enough to pull the trigger, or if they felt as though niether lynch or peterson would be there when they picked at 15.

Right now i would put the chances like this from most probable to least probable of where he ends up:

1. Cleveland - 3rd overall

2. Houston - 8th overall

3. Vikings - 7th overall

4. Bills - 12th overall

5. GB - trade above buffalo to get him

although it's highly unlikly that Peterson would fall to number 12, ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLE! Only one team REALLY needs a starting RB in the first 11 picks and that's Cleveland. The only other teams that would even consider taking Peterson are Vikings and Texans. Now lets look at those three teams. Clevalnd just signed Jamaal Lewis (abeit a 1 year deal) and trade Droughns, so they could definitely use an upgrade. The texans would be the next most likely team, but just signed Green to a very large contract. The Vikings have chester taylor and Mewelde Moore as a back up. Here's some info on Moore from their website:

The Vikings are 4-0 in games when Moore runs for 100+ yards...Proved to be a playmaker in 2005 as he accounted for 1,246 combined yards with 662 rushing, 339 receiving, 245 on punt returns and 72 on kickoff returns... Enjoyed a breakout year of production as a rusher, receiver and return man...He's entering his third year in the NFL.

All three teams, Cleveland, Vikings and Texans covet Brady Quinn. Now, although I think the chances that Cleveland takes Petterson are at about 85% here's some new interesting news:

http://rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Brady Quinn-QB- Player Mar. 13 - 12:04 am et

Brady Quinn is expected to meet with the Cleveland Browns this week.

Two league sources told Yahoo Sports that rumors of Quinn's draft stock falling are false. "The kid did his part," one source said in response to the idea that Quinn didn't win big games in college. "He played very well. Was he great every time? No, but nobody is. The fact is that Notre Dame didn't have nearly the talent that a bunch of other teams had."

So it IS possible for Peterson to start falling. Now some people keep saying that if Peterson DOES start falling, then he'll never make it to 12 because someone would trade up to get him. But they fail to state who that someone would be. Green Bay is the only team picking between 13 and 19 that would desperatly need a RB enough to trade up for him. But if you think about it rationally it wouldn't make much sense for them to trade up to get peterson unless they had him rated lightyears ahead of lynch and REALLY wanted him. That's because there are only three teams right now that really need starting Rb's: Clevland (3), Buffalo (12) and GB (15). Peterson is a 5 star talent which is why there's a possibility other teams would take him even though RB isn't priority one. Lynch is not that though so you can eliminate the vikes and texans. Therefore, if Peterson gets passed Cleveland, until some other team makes a surprise move and take Peterson, they have to believe that lynch would fall to them, becuase there's only one team (buffalo) standing between them and two players still on the board (peterson and lynch).

The next team would be Tennesssee at 19. But to trade from 19 to even 11 would cost a lot and they just spent a high pick on white last year. Following that they're the giants at 20 who just added bell to go along with jacobs, the broncos at 21 who just added henry, the cowboys who have jones and barber, the chiefs with LJ, the pats with Maroney, the jets with jones, the eagles with westbrook, the saints with bush and mccalister, pats again, ravens with mcgahee and then finally the bears with benson and the colts with addai. Most of these teams could use another back, you can never have too many backs in the NFL, but any trade from the 20's into the singles would cost a boat load and as you can see, do any of them need a RB THAT bad? nope.

So it is possible, Not probable Petterson could fall, but it COULD happen. AND ITS NOT JUST A MADDEN FANTASY! I HIGHLY doubt anyone would trade above the Bills to get him though unless GB really really really liked him enough to pull the trigger, or if they felt as though niether lynch or peterson would be there when they picked at 15.

Right now i would put the chances like this from most probable to least probable of where he ends up:

1. Cleveland - 3rd overall

2. Houston - 8th overall

3. Vikings - 7th overall

4. Bills - 12th overall

5. GB - trade above buffalo to get him

I love your logic. Bottom line is if Peterson gets by Cleveland, he has a chance to fall to #12. That would be amazing. Although, I wouldnt mind trading down a few spaces & grabbing lynch either. Unlike alot of people, Im not so sure their is a tremendous dropoff between the 2 players.

COULD WE PLEASE STOP WITH ADRIAN PETERSON THREADS. HE IS NOT GOING TO FALL TO THE BILLS AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO TRADE FOR HIM. GO BACK TO YOUR PLAYSTATION 3, AND STOP PLAGUING THE BOARD WITH NONSENSE.

who are you Mel Kiper??? ok mel, well i thought reggie bush would never drop past the first overall pick.. did anyone predict that outcome buddy?

close minded people these days.

honestly.........

If Peterson is there, id call Green Bay and say look if you wanter Peterson trade some picks and you can have the 12th, then we go after Lynch with the 16th pick.......

But then theres the question, whos better Peterson or Lynch?

It just seems that this draft is rich with RB's and a good one can be had later rounds.

if ap is there i think we might pull off a super draft double:

1. trade down with someone who wants ap (get about 5-10 spots lower and a 2nd)

2. pick up willis/whoever at our new spot

3. trade up with our 2 2nds or a combo of 2nds and 3rds and get marshaun or whoever falls that far.

Boy I would be shocked if he slipped to 12 and if he did I could certainly see us taking him. I just don't think its realistic. Now I think there is a world of difference between him and lynch. I think if AP doesn't slip to 12 we revert to Okoye/Branch/Willis and get us one of the second level backs (AP being the ONLY first level back in the draft). in the second. That is not to denigrate the four or five second level backs, as any one of them is a good bet to be successful.

1. trade down with someone who wants ap (get about 5-10 spots lower and a 2nd)

If this is the scenario (and count me in the group that thinks Peterson can indeed fall to #12 however unlikely)....I would ask for the trade partners first round pick next year plus trading 1st round positions and I would ask for a 3rd or 4th.

Peterson is a franchise back, and worthy of more than just a second for the priviledge to move down that many spots to get him.

The Chargers made out like thieves when they delt their Manning pick for the Rivers pick. I know this isn't the same exact situation with the same type of player values but you have to get as much as you can if another team wants what you have.

If he is there, it would be hard to ignore him ... he has supreme talent. But, I think some team will move up to pluck him and Marv & Co. will go defensive in Round One and draft a RB in Round Two. I think Marv believes in solidifying your lines with first round picks and unearthing talent in the skill positions later in the draft.