Pats collecting flawed wideouts

JoeF

Stallworth-facing suspension for violation of the substance abuse policy

Washington-injury history; attitude history

Welker--most stable of the bunch

A lot of guys betting better pay days on Tom Brady's arm

I hate the Patriots.

WOW...it seems that the Pats are going for quantity over quality. The only one I like is Welker...and he's at best a #2. All Belichek needs to do now is trade for Pacman and a few Bungals and he'll have the best group of thugs and bad attitudes going. It seems surprising that they would sign so many questionsble characters!

Who Cares for years every body said the patriots are classiest team in the league don't care for money but after Ty Law, David Givens, Deion Branch, Adam Viniteri and etc. left the team now the Patriots seem desperate to find players, Stallworth has only started a full season twice, Kelley Washington was one of the bungels arrested players, they bought junior seau out of retirement last year 2 days after he decided. I think Bob Kraft, and Scott Pioli seem like a desperate people now.

I think they are realizing that they need to seriously upgrade their receiving corps if they want to go back to the bowl. I think Stallworth is a bona fide #1 threat and I think Welker is a great match for a smart, efficient QB like Brady. I look for those two + Ben Watson to be a serious thorn in our sides next year.

Kelley Washington is completely unconcerning to me. Yes, he was somewhat buried in the Bengals depth chart, but I think his attitude will keep him squarely on the bench in New England.

Who Cares for years every body said the patriots are classiest team in the league don't care for money but after Ty Law, David Givens, Deion Branch, Adam Viniteri and etc. left the team now the Patriots seem desperate to find players, Stallworth has only started a full season twice, Kelley Washington was one of the bungels arrested players, they bought junior seau out of retirement last year 2 days after he decided. I think Bob Kraft, and Scott Pioli seem like a desperate people now.

That's a fair description...they do seem desperate. The Thomas signing was probably a pretty good one though. The Seau retread was actually funny!

yeah adiulus thomas was a good pick up, but between him its just him and a bunch of old farts lined up next to him, colvin is up there in age, there were speculation saying bruschi was going to retire, and izzo. They won't win a bowl again in this decade, With Out Viniteri who has more super bowls now more than brady, there not going to win the big one for a long periods of time.

Keep telling yourselves what you need to hear guys.....these are solid moves. Fuggin' Pats!!!!!!!!

Kelley Washington being a career underachiever so far (not to mention that he's an attitude problem) and Donte Stallworth being cast of, even though he was on teams that needed WRs (not to mention the substance abuse program). He has talent, but he's injury prone and self-destructive. Yeah, that should work great! I wish the Bills had them...I'd feel much better about the team then!!

All 3 of the guys they signed are explosive when healthy, and can take any catch to the house in an instant. I suspect that the same clowns who are bashing every move the Pats make would be lauding those moves as the missing piece to a Superbowl run if it were the Bills who made them...

since i said the patriots are desperate here is another man who thinks the same thing.

This is a sign of how desperate the Patriots are to revamp their receiving corps. They're signing players with injury histories and in Stallworth's case baggage (see rehab) to beef up a receiving corps that couldn't get it done in the AFC Championship game last year. And if it doesn't work in 2007, they'll likely pull the chute on both of these guys.

Chris Brown Bills Beat Reporter.

Yeah, neither one could give us a nice threat opposite Evans.... :lol: Washington just has the attitude label from college and has matured, just hasn't been healthy all the time. Stallworth would make a great #2 here. No, we couldn't use either one :lol:

All 3 of the guys they signed are explosive when healthy, and can take any catch to the house in an instant. I suspect that the same clowns who are bashing every move the Pats make would be lauding those moves as the missing piece to a Superbowl run if it were the Bills who made them...

First of all, I don't see people bashing every move the Pats have made. If you get someone who can read for you, I said the Thomas move was a good one and I think the Welker move was good. Next, you brought up one of my points when you said "when healthy"...something Stallworth has NOT been in his career. Further, he is now in the substance abuse program, which means on the verge of suspension...that means this is his second infraction. The first is not reported. Washington has been a head case and not productive from the beginning. I would not be happy if the Bills signed either one of these guys...and I'm saying that knowing that Stallworth could come and be a #2 receiver. He's not reliable enough. Lastly, there's probably a Patriots chat you could take part in, since you're a fan.

Yeah, neither one could give us a nice threat opposite Evans.... :lol: Washington just has the attitude label from college and has matured, just hasn't been healthy all the time. Stallworth would make a great #2 here. No, we couldn't use either one :lol:

Stallworth has been rumored to be part of the League Substance Abuse program and facing a 4 game suspension for a previous violation. He can't help if he's not on the field.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/16835778.htm

I totally agree that these are moves that could pan out for them very well and since Chad Jackson is probably done for 2007--they were necessary moves..but they are sitting there with a ton of picks--why not acquire Moss instead of Washington and Stallworth--he is the true breathtaking talent and has less of injury history...He comes with lots of baggage too..but if they are in risk taking mode why not go for one of the best there is..

Stallworth has been rumored to be part of the League Substance Abuse program and facing a 4 game suspension for a previous violation. He can't help if he's not on the field.

I totally agree that these are moves that could pan out for them very well and since Chad Jackson is probably done for 2007--they were necessary moves..but they are sitting there with a ton of picks--why not acquire Moss instead of Washington and Stallworth--he is the true breathtaking talent and has less of injury history...He comes with lots of baggage too..but if they are in risk taking mode why not go for one of the best there is..

I agree! If you're going to take someone with baggage, wouldn't it be better to get a true#1 who still has a lot of talent? I think it would've been a better upside than the two guys they signed. And before the response comes from the Pats lover, Donte has #1 talent, but can't stay healthy enough and hasn't had the attitude to be a true #1. With all of Moss's problems, he's still a #1 WR.

If you're not worried why post about it?

The Pats are building depth at WR;

Stallworth

Caldwell

Welker

Gaffney

Washington

Troy Brown?

While they dont have a true #1, they dont operate in a system that clearly defines #1 or #2 receivers. Tom Brady spreads the ball out to different receivers and what they've done with this is they've mixed up deep threat receivers with possession receivers with slot/speedy receivers.

First of all, I don't see people bashing every move the Pats have made. If you get someone who can read for you, I said the Thomas move was a good one and I think the Welker move was good. Next, you brought up one of my points when you said "when healthy"...something Stallworth has NOT been in his career. Further, he is now in the substance abuse program, which means on the verge of suspension...that means this is his second infraction. The first is not reported. Washington has been a head case and not productive from the beginning. I would not be happy if the Bills signed either one of these guys...and I'm saying that knowing that Stallworth could come and be a #2 receiver. He's not reliable enough. Lastly, there's probably a Patriots chat you could take part in, since you're a fan.

What made you think I was referring to you? Methinks thou doth protest too much...

What made you think I was referring to you? Methinks thou doth protest too much...

If that's the case...I apologize. The moves just seem to be a deviation from the normal Pats moves. But, you have to admit, the Seau signing was funny!

The Pats are clearly getting desperate this offseason. They used to laugh at all of the other teams throwing around cash the first week of free agency and what do they do this year? Start chucking cash at one of the highest priced free agents. Then they give away a high draft pick for that spot receiver/return player from Miami. Then after this flurry, they start throwing darts at questionable receivers D. Stallworth (one foot on the suspension banana peel) and K. Washington who has never amounted to anything of note in this league.

It's becoming quite obvious that the Pats see the writing on the wall and are doing everything they can before the draft to fortify an already crumbling foundation. Like the Bills of the mid-nineties they're starting to look tired and worn from age and the extra playoff games from the past 5 seasons. They'll still be a good team but they won't see another Superbowl with what's left of that nucleus that got them there.

Why else, other than desperation, would they be acting completely opposite during this offseason than in season's past? I don't see them being as smug about how their "great" draft picks are fitting right into the "system" as yet another veteran leaves for whatever reason. Chad Jackson, David Thomas, Garrett Mills anyone? After Maroney, their 2006 draft kind of sucked. Yes, they'll probably make the playoffs again (barely), but then they'll get taken out by a young team like the Jags once did to the Bills way back in the day.

The Pats are a scared team right now because they know the end is near. Eventually, Belichick will be having thoughts of jumping ship and "saving" the Giants organization after their sure to be abomination of a 2007 season. You wait and see.

I'll admit I'm jealous. I was hoping the Bills would add Washington to give JP a big target to go along with Lee. To all those haters: if the Bills had made even half the additions the Pats have made this offseason this board would be blowing up and we would put the Bills in the Super Bowl! I HOPE the Pats move don't pan out and that we somehow prove the critics wrong...I can hope can't I!