A-Train re-signed

Dan III

No complaints for this signing at all. Hardworking, hardrunning and knows our system. Not to mention our coaches know him. Yes he's a backup RB, but may be able to step up a little farther than that, and maybe he can't. I'm Plenty fine with this.

It's not like we're getting a pig-in-a-poke. We know it it isn't a prime greyhound in our bag, but we also know it isnt a bag full of Mularkey.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It says nothing to you that nobody wanted him, for 2-3 years now, and nobody called him or brought him in even to be a back-up? I am happy to have him, too, as he is very good insurance in case of injury, can spell the starter a few series, and can start a couple games in a pinch. He's versatile, can block a little, catch a little, hit some holes and break some tackles. But this guy is clearly a back-up, plays like a back-up, acts like a back-up, talks like a back-up, is paid like a back-up, and yet we're apparently the only ones that wanted him as a back-up.

Exactly!

He showed last year that he can be a good #2 and I am glad they signed him for what appears to be a relatively cheap deal.

However, the bottomline remains that he has never ever started more than 13 games in a season during his entire 6 year career and that the last time he even achieved 1000 yards in a season was back in 2003.

He finally at least appeared in all 16 games for the first time last year, so he certainly gets a shot at starting like anyone else, but you would have to be a fool to count on this or expect it.