Final Day 1 Mock

1. Patrick Willis ILB- The best ILB prospect in the draft. Survived threw tons of adversity and has the physical tools we need from a MLB in this defense.

2. Michael Bush RB- A TD machine whose incredibly nimble for a man his size. Reminds me a little of Jerome Bettis with the way he runs. Has a great head on his shoulders and excellent hands out of the backfield.

3. Justin Durant OLB-Small school prospect that’s climbing up the boards after a great combine. Very intelligent team leader with top notch athleticism. Smaller stature isn’t a huge concern for our defense.

3. Daymeion Hughes CB- Bad combine drops him down to round three or worse. Perfect for us because top notch speed isn’t a necessity at CB if we play a true cover 2 look. Speed aside Hughes is a fantastic playmaker who intercepts a ton of balls, (13 the last two seasons) and has excellent character.

I really don't think that Bush is in the Bill's draft plans. He's a big bruising type runner and we're a team that's clearly going towards that Steve Fairchild/St. Louis Ram offense that relies on the runningbacks ability to catch outlet passes (a la Marshall Faulk), along with being a slashing elusive type runner. Bush does not fit this profile at all.

I really don't think that Bush is in the Bill's draft plans. He's a big bruising type runner and we're a team that's clearly going towards that Steve Fairchild/St. Louis Ram offense that relies on the runningbacks ability to catch outlet passes (a la Marshall Faulk), along with being a slashing elusive type runner. Bush does not fit this profile at all.

Have you watched him play or did you just read he’s 240 and assume he must be a power back? He’s hardly bruising style runner, he's just big. He's known for having excellent feet and elusiveness for a man his size. The other thing he’s known for is having tremendous hands. If somebody teaches him when to use strength and when to use elusiveness he will be a tremendous NFL RB.

Have you watched him play or did you just read he’s 240 and assume he must be a power back? He’s hardly bruising style runner, he's just big. He's known for having excellent feet and elusiveness for a man his size. The other thing he’s known for is having tremendous hands. If somebody teaches him when to use strength and when to use elusiveness he will be a tremendous NFL RB.

I hope he is still there for the Bills to take in round 2.

Hadn't seen him play, but at 250 lbs and running 4.60 forty there is no way he'll ever be an elusive back in the NFL. Even if he were somewhat elusive, I'm pretty sure he still doesn't fit the offense Fairchild wants to run here. Lynch, Turner, Irons are the players the Bills are probably looking at. I'd be shocked if the Bills took Bush based on the 250 lbs size alone.

http://www.mymockdraft.com/RB/PositionRank.aspx

I love this draft. 3 of those guys are the 3 guys I want the bills to target with their first 3 picks(whether they have to trade to get it etc. DO IT!!) However, if we take Willis, which at this point i would love, then I dont see us taking an OLB in the 3rd. Ellison and Spikes is a fine platoon and our backups are fine role players. Id like to see us pick a WR/FB/DT/TE/G instead of an extra LB.

I like hughes at corner though, sounds like a real stud for our D.

Also, a 4.6 second fourty wouldnt indicate anything regarding elusiveness, for that you would want to see how he did on the 3-cone drill which is a better measurement of a player's agility. That and the short shuttle which measures quickness in and out of breaks.

Im not even sure if Bush has officially run a 40 yet bc of his leg injury(which once healed should not be an issue). 4.6 really isnt a big deal, over 40 yards it amounts to about 2.5 feet behind a guy running a 4.4. Also, this would be without pads. I once asked John Guy about 40 times and he said that they are largely overinflated by the media and its what the scouts see on film that they grade. He also said if a guy runs like a 4.9 or 4.3 then you may have to look a little closer.

Personally I love Michael Bush, i think hes the perfect back for our system. The guy would easily have been a first round pick if it werent for his injury.

GO BILLS!

Dont be surprised if the Falcons make a play for Bush though as Warrick DUnn is getting a little long in the tooth and norwood is more of a change of pace back. Like most guys who go from collge to the pros im sure Petrino would love to bring in some of his former star pupils. Im not really sure where ATL is picking though.

Hadn't seen him play, but at 250 lbs and running 4.60 forty there is no way he'll ever be an elusive back in the NFL. Even if he were somewhat elusive, I'm pretty sure he still doesn't fit the offense Fairchild wants to run here. Lynch, Turner, Irons are the players the Bills are probably looking at. I'd be shocked if the Bills took Bush based on the 250 lbs size alone.

http://www.mymockdraft.com/RB/PositionRank.aspx

Bettis wasn't elusive in the way some of the smaller backs are but with his feet he didn't need to be. When you are 240+ good feet can be deadly, and he's not exactly slow running times as fast as 4.50. He's a former all state QB with a rocket arm, and even played some safety as a freshmen at Louisville. The guys diverse as all hell and was a major target in Petrino's passing game. You don't stop this man in goal to go situations either, which has been a major issue for years. How is he not a legit candidate to fill hole at RB?

Read up on this profile

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...ichaelbush.html

Good point about Bettis, I meant to but forgot to bring him up in my post. Definately teh most elusive big man I can remember ever seeing run the ball. Even at the end of his career he had some of the best feet in the game. That being said, i miss watching the bus run on sundays.

Also, good point about Bush around the goalline, he had something like 21 TDs his jr year.

Dont be surprised if the Falcons make a play for Bush though as Warrick DUnn is getting a little long in the tooth and norwood is more of a change of pace back. Like most guys who go from collge to the pros im sure Petrino would love to bring in some of his former star pupils. Im not really sure where ATL is picking though.

Thats what I'm scared of.

While I'd somewhat rather select Lynch at 12, I also think Willis would be an excellent choice at that spot if available. I think he'll go 11th to the 49ers.

I have no interest whatsoever in seeing the Bills draft Michael Bush. I have a general disdain (hatred?) of oversized RBs. Toss in his broken leg and I'll definitely pass. If they choose to wait until R2 or 3, there are many other RBs I would rather have.

Can't comment on Durant. Hughes will probably turn out to be a pretty good 2nd or 3rd, but I think he'll slip to the 2nd day based on a particularly poor performance at the combine. Still, I would not be upset if he were picked at 93.

Bettis wasn't elusive in the way some of the smaller backs are but with his feet he didn't need to be. When you are 240+ good feet can be deadly, and he's not exactly slow running times as fast as 4.50. He's a former all state QB with a rocket arm, and even played some safety as a freshmen at Louisville. The guys diverse as all hell and was a major target in Petrino's passing game. You don't stop this man in goal to go situations either, which has been a major issue for years. How is he not a legit candidate to fill hole at RB?

Read up on this profile

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...ichaelbush.html

Yes, but are they trying to target the next Jerome Bettis or Marshall Faulk? I'd bet on the Faulk type back.

I'm starting to believe that the Bills have made up their mind on having Crowell as our starting MLB and they'll draft Lynch at 12. With the 2nd and two 3rd round picks I see the Bills trying to find Spikes replacement at OLB and depth at corner. They may have already decided that they won't draft Willis because they already have Crowell.

Here's a guess.

1ST Round -RB Marshawn Lynch or Adrian Peterson. I doubt Peterson will fall but if he slides past Cleveland there's a slim chance. Everybody wants defense first but who going to score TD's besides Evans. One great RB will do wonders for the team, JP, and the defense.

2ND Round- CB Daymeion Hughes or Marcus McCauley.

3RD Round- OLB Tim Shaw or ILB Justin Durant. This depends on where Crowel plays this year.

3RD Round- DT Justin Harrell or Paul Soliai. Big Dudes to stop the run.

4TH Round- The best player who slides from day one. Any position except QB-K-P.

Yes, but are they trying to target the next Jerome Bettis or Marshall Faulk? I'd bet on the Faulk type back.

I'm starting to believe that the Bills have made up their mind on having Crowell as our starting MLB and they'll draft Lynch at 12. With the 2nd and two 3rd round picks I see the Bills trying to find Spikes replacement at OLB and depth at corner. They may have already decided that they won't draft Willis because they already have Crowell.

That’s viable strategy, especially being so thin at RB. Lynch is more of a "sure" thing, but my biggest question is does he have the character Marv looks for? To me that’s the only consistent quality that we seem to view as a necessity. I don't know of any incidents myself but I've crossed several bios that said Lynch has some character questions.

My thoughts on drafting a RB that high aren't exactly positive either. I just see to much value in the later rounds with Bush, Hunt, Jackson, or Walker. I really think if we don't add a real NT, we must grab a bigger more powerful MLB. Willis just makes so much sense with our first pick.