What's going on in CT? Another strange legal story

The Dean

A guy has his picture taken with a ski mask on and is charged with "breach of peace". He had to perform 15 hours of community service. Now, everyone should perform community service, but why was he charged with "breach of peace"?

http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-winma...headlines-local

I can't find anything that suggests this guy did anything intimidating or suggestive of robbery EXCEPT wearing a ski mask.

I hadn't heard about it.

People could definitely get the wrong impression. In the common logic, ski mask + liquor store = robbery. Why the guy got arrested for it is just beyond me. It's a lot like the guy (in Ohio, I think) who actually got put on the sex offender roll b/c he grabbed a girl's arm to say 'WTH?!' after she still wasn't paying attention after he almost hit her w/ his car when she stepped in the road.

The only reasoning might be that in times like these, we can't have police responding to bogus calls (read: a waste of tax $) that were prompted by the actions of idiots. But then, you'd have to jail everyone who calls 911 b/c they have a fuggin' headache. To me, there was no crime, and there certainly shouldn't have been a punishment, even CS. Jokes, freedom of expression, fashion and cold weather gear are evidently illegal in CT, don't you know.