Marv Levy Fan 590 Interview

I said "we shall see" not to be smug but as in time will tell. You are being too sensitive. We obviously have a different view of WM. I do not expect you to agree with me. So be it. But taking your comments in order.

1. WM averaged 3.9 yards per carry for the Bills in his careeer behind one of the worst offensive lines in football. Why do you think that the Bills are trying to upgrade it now. You may want to compare E. James average this past year versus the year before with the Colts. As I recall it, it dropped something like .8 yards per carry. That illustrates the importance of having an offensive line -- even if you are acknowledged (as Edge) as one of the better RBs in the NFL.

2. See No. 1. He also missed two full games and part of one with an injury to three ribs. Even still, he came a few yards short of 1,000. Ironically, he came up short in the last game against the Ravens -- the team that traded for him and just signed him to a new contract. You may recall that the Ravens' defense had only 3 defensive backs on many plays and had 8 or 9 in the box specifically to defend against WM. What does that tell you about which offensive player they respected the most? It was the same most of the year with opposing defenses crowding the box to defend against WM.

3. Threatened hold out? Rosenhaus approached the Bills about an extension and WM ended up signing a very reasonable deal with the Ravens -- especially when you compare it to what the Bills are paying Dockery.

4. We can disagree about what down he thought it was, but you may want to review that play again. It was obvious that he knew where he needed to go and tried to get there. Fowler got beat like a drum by Wilfork and knocked him two yards back in the backfield completely disrupting the play. Our offensive line specialized in allowing opposing teams' defenses to get into our backfield. With any luck, this year will be different.

Time will tell which one of us is correct about this situation.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but the Bills have cast their vote. They didn't want him on the team. They could have offered him a contract extension. The coaches saw Willis prepare and perform nearly every day for 5 months. They chose instead to trade him. That speaks volumes. Especially when they don't have a proven replacement on the roster. The only conclusion you can draw is that they didn't want any part of him going forward. None.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic