The Bill's Need Some Impact Players

just browsing the roster and man is it devoid of top notch stud players. Im my view the Bill's have three impact players:

1. Aaron Schobel

2. Lee Evans

3. Jason Peters

One could argue that Derrick Dockery and Donte Whitner are knocking on the door. If J.P Losman continues with last years strong play you could include him and maybe a rejuvenated Takeo Spikes. Donte Whitner probably will develope into one. Potentially Angelo Crowell & Ko-Simpson. I thought about adding Terrence McGee but he seems ill suited in the cover 2.

Patriots impact players:

1. Ty Warren

2. Richard Seymour

3. Vince Wilfork

4. Tom Brady

5. Asante Samuel

6. Logan Mankins

7. Adalius Thomas

Potential Impact Players: Laurence Maroney, Benjamin Watson, Rosevelt Colvin, Dan Koppen, Ellis Hobbs and Matt Light (6). and Maybe 1 of their recievers developes as well.

NY jets Impact Players:

1. L. Coles

2. Thomas Jones

3. Kerry Rhodes

4. Johnathan Vilma

5. Shaun Ellis

6. Nick Mangold

Potential stars: D'brickshaw Ferguson, Justin Miller, Jericho Cotchery, Dewayne Robertson. Chad Pennington gets the job done.

Miami Dolphin's Impact players:

1. Jason Taylor

2. Joey Porter

3. Zach Thomas

4. Chris Chambers

5. Channing Crowder

Potential: Vernon Carey, Ronnie Brown, Daunte Culpepper ( if he recovers), Marty Booker ( solid year last year maybe an abberation)

I think i tried to fair in evaluating the divison and i could have missed some guys, or over rated some players. But it just seems to me the Roster lacks true studs who will have opposing coordinators altering their game plan. This years draft is crucial; the Bill's need to add some players who can have an impact right away and maybe a few more quality FA's in they expect to compete with the Patriots and Jets for the division title.

just browsing the roster and man is it devoid of top notch stud players. Im my view the Bill's have three impact players:

1. Aaron Schobel

2. Lee Evans

3. Jason Peters

One could argue that Derrick Dockery and Donte Whitner are knocking on the door. If J.P Losman continues with last years strong play you could include him and maybe a rejuvenated Takeo Spikes. Donte Whitner probably will develope into one. Potentially Angelo Crowell & Ko-Simpson. I thought about adding Terrence McGee but he seems ill suited in the cover 2.

Patriots impact players:

1. Ty Warren

2. Richard Seymour

3. Vince Wilfork

4. Tom Brady

5. Asante Samuel

6. Logan Mankins

7. Adalius Thomas

Potential Impact Players: Laurence Maroney, Benjamin Watson, Rosevelt Colvin, Dan Koppen, Ellis Hobbs and Matt Light (6). and Maybe 1 of their recievers developes as well.

NY jets Impact Players:

1. L. Coles

2. Thomas Jones

3. Kerry Rhodes

4. Johnathan Vilma

5. Shaun Ellis

6. Nick Mangold

Potential stars: D'brickshaw Ferguson, Justin Miller, Jericho Cotchery, Dewayne Robertson. Chad Pennington gets the job done.

1. Jason Taylor

2. Joey Porter

3. Zach Thomas

4. Chris Chambers

5. Channing Crowder

Potential: Vernon Carey, Ronnie Brown, Daunte Culpepper ( if he recovers), Marty Booker ( solid year last year maybe an abberation)

I think i tried to fair in evaluating the divison and i could have missed some guys, or over rated some players. But it just seems to me the Roster lacks true studs who will have opposing coordinators altering their game plan. This years draft is crucial; the Bill's need to add some players who can have an impact right away and maybe a few more quality FA's in they expect to compete with the Patriots and Jets for the division title.

Have you not heard of Langston Walker ..... $25 million worth of impact!

Actually, I am feeling good that we'll get one or two impact players before the season starts. Hang in there. The Bills are going in the right direction !

I'm so sick of ESPN and their bogus. They just said the Patriots are the most improved team so far this offseason and the Bills have regressed the most. I agree loosing Clements hurts, but I feel like we're getting better. Fletcher is past his prime and can't be the attacking LB we need. Anyone who watched Bills games knows that McGahee isn't a top 10 back and can be replaced without much drop off. We've addressed our O-line and we have 3 players that I expect to really make that next jump into stardem. I'm talking about Losman continuing to develop with a real O-line and our rookie safties, both Simpson and Whitner. Also throw in the fact that We are essentially getting a 1st rounder in McCargo this year and we get Crowell back.

Pretty good list and point. We may have to tread water for a year before we can add some more impact players or Losman and a few others emerge. Hopefully we may still get one in trade or FA and one in the draft.

1. Aaron Schobel

2. Lee Evans

3. Jason Peters

Agreed. Out of all potential impact players I like Ko Simpsons chances the best. I think he's going to be a beast at safety within the next year or two. Angelo Crowell I really like but he does have gaffes that make you pull your hair out. If he can be more consistent in some areas of his game such as taking approrpriate angles and wrap up tackles he'll be a force. I'm not a terrence mcgee fan outside of his kr ability. I think he's a relatively weak cb better in man then he is in zone. Would make a fantastic nickel back. I just seem him as more of a liability as a starting corner.

Patriots impact players:

1. Ty Warren

2. Richard Seymour

3. Vince Wilfork

4. Tom Brady

5. Asante Samuel

6. Logan Mankins

7. Adalius Thomas

Potential impact player Ellis Hobbs?!?! Otherwise Mostly agreed. Ben Watson is a favorite of mine too bad he's on the pats. He has the potential to be a premiere te in the mold of gonzalez/gates. I'm not sold on Maroney. I think he runs relatively weak and is best suited in a 2 back system. I thought Marion Barber was better then him in college, and Dillon protected him a lot last year. They have a good oline and Tom Brady is Tom Brady. Adalius thomas was great for the ravens, hopefully age will catch up to him. They have safety issues.

NY jets Impact Players:

1. L. Coles

2. Thomas Jones

3. Kerry Rhodes

4. Johnathan Vilma

5. Shaun Ellis

6. Nick Mangold

Id take Shaun Ellis/Vilma/Mangold off this list and add Pennington/Cotchery/Leon Washington. As it stands now Thomas Jones/Washington worry me far more then any rb on miami or ne. Thomas Jones is a bruising type runner and tremendous on blitz pickup. Decent receiver and a young 29 years old with not much wear on him for a rb. He's got a few solid year left. Washington gives them a great change of pace, good receiver out of the backfield and with Jones in the mix will only make him more effective. There's not a more Methodical qb in the league then Pennington, and while his stats won't jump out at you. He's a leader and he makes the jets a dangerous team. Dewayne Robertson is awful and pretty damn close to being a bust. As much as I like Vilma he's not cut out to be a 3-4 backer.

1. Jason Taylor

2. Joey Porter

3. Zach Thomas

4. Chris Chambers

5. Channing Crowder

Chris Chambers is the most overrated wr in the league. He has a great skill set. Size, Speed, leaping ability, route running. However for all his god given talent he just doesn't bring it. Yeah you could point to their qbs during his tenure there, but just watching the guy as many great catches as he makes he'll also drop just as many.

According to a great website footballoutsiders.com. Chambers had 153 passes thrown his way and only caught 39% of those passes.Worst pct for any wr in the league of any receiver who caught a minimum of 50 passes. Only 1 1000 yard season. Hype doesn't match up the production. Non impact player.

Channing Crowder really hasn't made much of an impact yeah he had over 100 tackles this year, but oustide of that he didnt cause any fumbles, get any sacks or any ints. Ranking him as an impact player is a bit much. Jason Taylor Undoubtedly. Joey Porter to me looked pretty slow this past season. What he does offer is a vocal leader and intensity. He could be a good signing for them but as a impact player his best days are behind him.

Marty Booker has always been a fairly solid posession wr. Ronnie Brown heh and people called willis a dissapointment. If I was a dolphins fan I'd be extremely dissapointed about the production of Ronnie Brown especially considering he was drafted 2nd overall. Culpepper is done.

We dont need more fa's to be honest. I'd rather not be a team like the giants or chiefs who stocks their starting roster with free agent vets in hopes of buying a championship. Offensive linemen great. Skill position players I'd prefer to grab primarily thru the draft using the 1st 3 rounds as guys you want as starters not for depth reasons, and build cohesion on the team by bringing in your own players, not other teams garbage.

The Grass always looks greener on the other side.

How many of those impact players named on other teams are actually impact players? Alot of those players in comparison to some of the almost impact players on the Bills you have named could be considered close to the same. its just easier to try to make yourself not look like a local Homer by devaluing your own players and over valuing other teams players