To move up for Peterson or to secure Lynch will cost alot.

Does the Polian-Butler/Smith-Marv connection come into play here? These guys were the regime of our glory years and while Butler/Smith may have had their issues with Ralph, they didn't with Marv. Remember, this is a business and administration will do what's best for their organization. San Diego needs a S and Buffalo needs a RB. I think these two had a deal all along.

There is no way Marv immediately spent big $$$ on our O-Line and was more than willing to deal our #1 RB right away this off season without having a goal. He's window dressing these 2nd tier RBs until he can complete the McGahee trade. Other teams were looking at these RBs too and if Marv didn't jump in it would had spiraled down McGahee's stock.

This draft really only has two premiere RBs, Peterson and Lynch. The price to move up in the draft for Peterson would be huge. Can Buffalo really afford to do this? I don't think so. This only leaves Lynch. Does Marv risks trading away McGahee while he can't and won't pay for Peterson and leaves himself vunerable to having another team step in and draft Lynch before us? That doesn't make sense. To secure Lynch he would still have to move up several slots.

This brings me to the Turner scenario. Here is an experienced NFL player, ready to go from jumpstreet. This would help explain why A-Train, or a comparable RB, hasn't already been secured. I do believe that we are going to sign a single RB now. I was believing that we were going to sign two RBs as a stop gap and then draft our RB of the future. I don't believe that to be true now. The cost would be our 1st rder but we're prepared to use that for a RB. The difference is to secure Turner it'll only cost a 3rd rder and that can be negoiated. Who's to say that it has to be this year's 3rd rder anyways? San Diego would love to have the chance at a Laron Landry type and with the 12th pick they have that chance.

You know, Buffalo sure had their share of shrewd GMs. I just didn't realize Marv would be one of them.

im not sure what to think about this........i don't see a whole lot of teams needing a runningback as their #1 priority.i see the giants and the packers as the only teams to really worry about and maybe even cleveland as teams that may draft a runningback.even though the browns signed jamal its only for 1 year so they could still draft a runningback.i cant see giving alot for turner either.i think i would like to have the a-train and maybe a draft pick at runningback.i'd like to see the bills draft adrian peterson if we choose to draft a runningback,otherwise stick with the a-train and focus on defense with our#1 pick

One other aspect that I'd like to add is that it wouldn't surprise me if San Diego were to draft RB Michael Bush with their 1st rd pick (#30).

Seriously, you're so far out in wonderland I don't even know how you are able to get an internet connection.

One other aspect that I'd like to add is that it wouldn't surprise me if San Diego were to draft RB Michael Bush with their 1st rd pick (#30).

now come on - are you really Tipster? You used to provide interesting insight on a variety of Bills issues. Some of the stuff you're spouting now reminds me of the way Ice used to throw up all over this board. :censored::blink:

Ever heard of Rob Johnson?

Nevermind...

Does the Polian-Butler/Smith-Marv connection come into play here? These guys were the regime of our glory years and while Butler/Smith may have had their issues with Ralph, they didn't with Marv. Remember, this is a business and administration will do what's best for their organization. San Diego needs a S and Buffalo needs a RB. I think these two had a deal all along.

There is no way Marv immediately spent big $$$ on our O-Line and was more than willing to deal our #1 RB right away this off season without having a goal. He's window dressing these 2nd tier RBs until he can complete the McGahee trade. Other teams were looking at these RBs too and if Marv didn't jump in it would had spiraled down McGahee's stock.

This draft really only has two premiere RBs, Peterson and Lynch. The price to move up in the draft for Peterson would be huge. Can Buffalo really afford to do this? I don't think so. This only leaves Lynch. Does Marv risks trading away McGahee while he can't and won't pay for Peterson and leaves himself vunerable to having another team step in and draft Lynch before us? That doesn't make sense. To secure Lynch he would still have to move up several slots.

This brings me to the Turner scenario. Here is an experienced NFL player, ready to go from jumpstreet. This would help explain why A-Train, or a comparable RB, hasn't already been secured. I do believe that we are going to sign a single RB now. I was believing that we were going to sign two RBs as a stop gap and then draft our RB of the future. I don't believe that to be true now. The cost would be our 1st rder but we're prepared to use that for a RB. The difference is to secure Turner it'll only cost a 3rd rder and that can be negoiated. Who's to say that it has to be this year's 3rd rder anyways? San Diego would love to have the chance at a Laron Landry type and with the 12th pick they have that chance.

You know, Buffalo sure had their share of shrewd GMs. I just didn't realize Marv would be one of them.

Hello Lothar. There are three times a year that gets me fired up and that's the beginning of free agency, the draft and opening day. They all have one thing in common though and that is anything is possible. It's true that I have been firing alot of garbage out there lately but you get one chance a year, I want to take advantage of it while I can.

Don't classify or disreguard this post with some of the others, this has a valid point. Even if I'm wrong on the specifics, I know this, Marv just didn't randomly (like my posts) get rid of McGahee and explode with the moves on our O-Line just to provide a run of the mill RB corp. He is definitely is up to something and has a plan. This post is just one of my many guesses. The only other thing that would make sense is if he is just planning on drafting Peterson or Lynch. I just don't see how we can afford or risk doing that.

For the rest of you, don't get upset with me, when free agency/draft period ends, you won't hear much from me but when you do I promise to try to provide the best quality of content that I can. Until then, let's have some fun, or at least let me. Thanks.