Any news on the A-Train?

He played well when he filled in for Willis. I wouldn't mind seeing him as our #1 RB. He does have some qualities that Willis doesn't have. When I saw him on tv I noticed that he ran with more power than Willis, he looked faster, and I don't think he has any issues with the team. :lol:

I will have to admit that he doesn't McGahee's AWESOME stiff arm.

I am saying right here right now....I would prefer the A train to last years Willis Magehee....

To me it is a matter of preference in running styles.....A train hits holes hard and is a downhill runner.....not to mention that he can pick up a blitz.....you put a guy like a train behind next years O Line and he could rush for 1500 yards.....

I just was not a fan of Willis dance dance revolution and actually like he was hurt on every third play.......if you sign a guy like Dominic Rhodes to go along with A train and I think that would do

I am saying right here right now....I would prefer the A train to last years Willis Magehee....

To me it is a matter of preference in running styles.....A train hits holes hard and is a downhill runner.....not to mention that he can pick up a blitz.....you put a guy like a train behind next years O Line and he could rush for 1500 yards.....

I just was not a fan of Willis dance dance revolution and actually like he was hurt on every third play.......if you sign a guy like Dominic Rhodes to go along with A train and I think that would do

You've convinced me. My vote goes to the A-Train for all of the reasons mentioned above. :lol:

I'm just very surprised that we haven't resigned him yet.

Why are you surprised?

Team managements have to prioritize their time and decisions. The team has had a very active free agent period. The combine recently ended. Any management, whether a football team or company, needs to establish priorities with limited time resources.

We know DJ likes A-train. The team's desire to keep him has likely been communicated to him. They'll get it done. So relax a bit and get back to your homework.

I'll pass. There are better BACK UPS out there people. He's better than Shaud Williams, sure, but I'd like to go in another direction. John, 1,500 yards!?!?!?!? You're getting way too excited about our new line. I think they are gonna be good, but we won't be able to plug in any back and get 1,500 out of him. Get TJ Duckett or Brown as the backup, which all A. Thomas is, cause he ain't no train.

pass me some of what you're smoking please. Atrain is far too slow to accumulate 1500 yards. As far as hitting holes harder. This is a complete misconspection about atrain. He doesn't never waits for holes to develop. He simply takes the handoff and runs into the backs of linemen and hopes for the best. Yes his initial burst is nice, but damn learn to read blocks. He's not a big play threat, has no cutback ability and pedestrain at best receiving the ball. He does do a fairly good job in pass protection. Personaly if we're getting rid of mcgahee which seems to be the conception there better be a much better option then 3 yards and down on the ground anthony thomas .

Maybe this isn't so much about atrain and you're just severely banking of the sheer size of the offensive linemen like peters/dockery/walker to be great run blockers, and maybe you're right(You're right about Dockery. Peters is getting better. Walker I dunno much about) and an average back will be able to accumulate yardage, but like I said I prefer more versatile rb's. Doesn't mean I'm looking for the next Marshal Faulk although that would be nice, but with youg skill position players I'd prefer to have something better then a guy who can do no more then run foward.

I have resigned myself to the unfortunate truth that we will never see the proper use of the word re-sign on TSW. In other news, Al Gore is still not President because Republicans lie and cheat, and George W. Bush is because Republicans lie and cheat. Inexplicably some people still seem incapable of resigning themselves to the fact that Gore lost the election, and feel that Bush should resign. Also, General Francisco Franco is still dead because Republicans lie and cheat, and, he was not re-signed to continue playing President for Spain due to his death and his sub-par 40 time.

-- Headlines from the new Dan Rather and John Stewart Show to air on the WB(Produced by Oprah and George Clooney)

I'm just very surprised that we haven't resigned him yet.

A-Train if probably playing his cards to get more $$$$$$$.....I'm sure the Bills have offered him a contract, for a back-up role ...

But if Mcgahee gets traded, his value goes up and he knows it....

Sorry John, I wholeheartedly disagree. A-train is not the runner Willis is, or can be. A-train is not that fast and is a straight-line runner. Willis can move well laterally, is much faster, and has no peer with his stiff-arm. A-train brings more heart , though.

What I see is one of two scenarios: We keep Willis because Marv can't get enough value for him. If we do trade Willis and get a third, then we sign EITHER Rhodes or Chris Brown and resign A-train. If we don't sign A-train, we'll draft a runningback in the second or third round (we now have an extra pick)...somebody like Tony Hunt, if he's there. Either way, we'll know soon...something has to break because we can't keep these FA backs out there too long, or they'll be gobbled up.

If Buffalo really wanted A-train, especially to be the starter, they would have him signed up already. If he is such a great back like everyone is saying, why hasn't any other team signed him already? or atleast brought him in for talks?

I think fans are so desperate to get rid of Willis that they will look at anything as being so much better, when in reality, Willis is not that bad

If Buffalo really wanted A-train, especially to be the starter, they would have him signed up already. If he is such a great back like everyone is saying, why hasn't any other team signed him already? or atleast brought him in for talks?

I think fans are so desperate to get rid of Willis that they will look at anything as being so much better, when in reality, Willis is not that bad

The key is that DJ likes him a lot so I think the team will make a way to keep him in the fold somehow. But as a starting, feature back? Never.

I have resigned myself to the unfortunate truth that we will never see the proper use of the word re-sign on TSW. In other news, Al Gore is still not President because Republicans lie and cheat, and George W. Bush is because Republicans lie and cheat. Inexplicably some people still seem incapable of resigning themselves to the fact that Gore lost the election, and feel that Bush should resign. Also, General Francisco Franco is still dead because Republicans lie and cheat, and, he was not re-signed to continue playing President for Spain due to his death and his sub-par 40 time.

-- Headlines from the new Dan Rather and John Stewart Show to air on the WB(Produced by Oprah and George Clooney)

Yeah, thats Jon Stewart all right.