Marv is too classy of a guy to come out and bad mouth

Doesn't it strike you funny that we open free agency with a big splash and get right to the point with our O-Line but did nothing at the RB position until there was a run on the available FA RBs? Marv saw the window of opportunity of available FA Rbs start to close and now he's responding in a hurry. If this doesn't show that he's not going to miss out on replacing McGahee I don't know what will. I don't know why he doesn't want him, but he doesn't. Could it be that he's not a "team guy"? He doesn't stay around Buffalo anymore than he has to. I forget what poster mentioned it in another post but he referred to McGahee practicing at Miami in the off season and not going to any non-mandatory camps. That poster is spot on. marv is from the old school where virtues, character and chemistry mean something. Why in the world would Marv be questioned for making this decision if he chose to do so. He wants what we want and that is he has the best interest for this organization, so if he makes this decision than I'm sure he has a solution.

I got off track, the point is these sudden invitations to the FA RBs are not just idle moves or for show, he wants to replace McGoofey.

PS- I just read that the talks between the Ravens and Bills are really starting to heat up and get more serious for McGoof.

Doesn't it strike you funny that we open free agency with a big splash and get right to the point with our O-Line but did nothing at the RB position until there was a run on the available FA RBs? Marv saw the window of opportunity of available FA Rbs start to close and now he's responding in a hurry. If this doesn't show that he's not going to miss out on replacing McGahee I don't know what will. I don't know why he doesn't want him, but he doesn't. Could it be that he's not a "team guy"? He doesn't stay around Buffalo anymore than he has to. I forget what poster mentioned it in another post but he referred to McGahee practicing at Miami in the off season and not going to any non-mandatory camps. That poster is spot on. marv is from the old school where virtues, character and chemistry mean something. Why in the world would Marv be questioned for making this decision if he chose to do so. He wants what we want and that is he has the best interest for this organization, so if he makes this decision than I'm sure he has a solution.

I got off track, the point is these sudden invitations to the FA RBs are not just idle moves or for show, he wants to replace McGoofey.

I doubt they're all that sudden either. More likely, it's a case of addressing the area of greatest need and most importance first. Why sign a top-tier RB when you don't have guards to run over?

PS- I just read that the talks between the Ravens and Bills are really starting to heat up and get more serious for McGoof.

You "just read"..is that the Rotoworld link?? If not please provide a new link!

Then again, w the dedication we've put into upgrading the O-line, don't you think this makes it a far more appealing option for potential FA RBs rather than the other way around.

Also, I think it's clear that our OL NEEDED upgrading and it appears that many top FAs were signed quickly (& arguably for a premium) so we didn't want to get stuck shopping the bargain basement bin (again).