5 picks in the first three rounds

When the dust settles don't be suprised if we end up with 5 picks in the first three rounds...

I feel that IF the Bills find a trading partner to move back in the pack for a second round pick (believe me, it is a plausible scenario) that they would have a decent shot to get these players...

1. Paul Posluzny LB (after trading back)

2a. Michael Bush RB

2b. Kenny Irons RB (after trading back in the first round)

3a. Tanard Jackson CB (after trading McGahee to the Raiders)

3b. David Irons CB

This would be a great draft. The Bills would instantly have plugged most of their holes before the fourth round begins. They would then have two completely different style of runningbacks at their disposal to attack opposing defenses. It also stocks up on the CB depth of our team. May the best CBs win the starting positions.

When the dust settles don't be suprised if we end up with 5 picks in the first three rounds...

I feel that IF the Bills find a trading partner to move back in the pack for a second round pick (believe me, it is a plausible scenario) that they would have a decent shot to get these players...

2a. Michael Bush RB

3b. David Irons CB

This would be a great draft. The Bills would instantly have plugged most of their holes before the fourth round begins. They would then have two completely different style of runningbacks at their disposal to attack opposing defenses. It also stocks up on the CB depth of our team. May the best CBs win the starting positions.

I like it - for whatever that is worth. I saw a special on Posluzny - he would be perfect for Buffalo. I like the idea of getting a Penn State guy to eventually lead this D. I like the idea of getting two diverse RBs. I think corner is not our biggest problem so yeah, draft em in the 3rd and see what happens. Hell. take a 4th or 6th round corner too.

BUT - here's the problem: We need help in stopping the run. If we don't do something significant in FA to deal with that, I don't think this idea has a chance.

I like it - for whatever that is worth. I saw a special on Posluzny - he would be perfect for Buffalo. I like the idea of getting a Penn State guy to eventually lead this D. I like the idea of getting two diverse RBs. I think corner is not our biggest problem so yeah, draft em in the 3rd and see what happens. Hell. take a 4th or 6th round corner too.

BUT - here's the problem: We need help in stopping the run. If we don't do something significant in FA to deal with that, I don't think this idea has a chance.

there is a thread goin around here about a DT from titans, sorry, forgot the name, but we could pick him uop to fill a BIG hole in the dline. hes 6'3" and aorund 312. would work nicely

2a. Michael Bush RB

3b. David Irons CB

if we sign K. Thomas, and that DT from tennesee mentioned above, than that would be a great draft.

if we sign K. Thomas, and that DT from tennesee mentioned above, than that would be a great draft.

The DT i mentioned is Randy Starks. 6'3 " 312 Maryland only 22, turns 23 in Dec. started all 16 games in 2005.

career stats: 24 starts, 131 tackles, 7.5 sacks, 19 QB pressures, 8 TFL. set a school record at MD for squating 765. imagine him helping Mcargo work out his legs this off season. thats what he needs to work on, and they would definetly make a nice combination.

The DT i mentioned is Randy Starks. 6'3 " 312 Maryland only 22, turns 23 in Dec. started all 16 games in 2005.

career stats: 24 starts, 131 tackles, 7.5 sacks, 19 QB pressures, 8 TFL. set a school record at MD for squating 765. imagine him helping Mcargo work out his legs this off season. thats what he needs to work on, and they would definetly make a nice combination.

the only bite on him is that he would cost us our 3rd. but if we still had Oakland's than we can simply take our favorite CB left.

I feel that IF the Bills find a trading partner to move back in the pack for a second round pick (believe me, it is a plausible scenario)

OK - who is that can't miss prospect (that the Bills don't want) who will be available at #12 that will bring trade partners out of the wood work?

OK - who is that can't miss prospect (that the Bills don't want) who will be available at #12 that will bring trade partners out of the wood work?

I can't tell you what team sees a player as a can't miss, but you have to look at what Stl and to a lesser degree Car need. I think if Quinn falls someone could try for him to keep him away from Car but would offer low with the hopes that StL would deal. If someone likes a CB or a DE that falls they could try and keep that player from Stl. The others are Okoye and Willis that I think both Car and Stl could take.

Of course if the latter two were passed on this board would implode under the pressure.

The point of the post wasn't focus on who the trading partner would be. The last time I did this it completely got off track. Let's just say that between now and the draft some NFL team is in "L-O-V-E" with a player like Okoye, Branch, Quinn or Peterson who happens to fall that day to where some team in the twenties wants them badly enough. A lot of stuff could happen between now and the draft that could set up this scenario. Now as for Peterson, if he were to fall I think the Bills stay where they are and pick him.

I have this sneaking suspicion that Cleveland will take Brady Quinn and Peterson does a free fall from there (Houston already has Green as their RB). Maybe it's the Crennel/Wies connection. I just think that the less we hear Quinn being linked to the Browns pick, the more I think they're playing possum so another team doesn't trade up with Detroit to get him.

The point of the post wasn't focus on who the trading partner would be. The last time I did this it completely got off track. Let's just say that between now and the draft some NFL team is in "L-O-V-E" with a player like Okoye, Branch, Quinn or Peterson who happens to fall that day to where some team in the twenties wants them badly enough. A lot of stuff could happen between now and the draft that could set up this scenario. Now as for Peterson, if he were to fall I think the Bills stay where they are and pick him.

I have this sneaking suspicion that Cleveland will take Brady Quinn and Peterson does a free fall from there (Houston already has Green as their RB). Maybe it's the Crennel/Wies connection. I just think that the less we hear Quinn being linked to the Browns pick, the more I think they're playing possum so another team doesn't trade up with Detroit to get him.

I too think that there is a good, umm how do i say it, well that we'll be presented with a "good chance" to trade down. Whether Levy does it or not is a whole other topic. Frankly, i think we're in a VERY good position at number 12. There are a number of guys that can fill big holes for us there, including Branch, Okoye, Peterson (who i don't think will be there, but WOW if he was), Willis, Hall, etc.. I think the most likely "best opportunity" for a trade down centers around Branch, Okoye, and Jamaal Anderson. If Branch and Okoye do get picked before us, I think there's a real good chance that Anderson will be there at 12. DE is always a need for almost every team, and I could easily imagine that a team im mid-to late teams making a serious push to try to trade up to get him. Same is possibly true for Levi Brown, another Penn Stater. Bottom-line I think is that we're going to take the best player avaiable in one of our real positions of need: DT, LB, CB, RB (with the exception of taking Lynch at 12- i think that's ridiculous and there's no way that Marv would do that), If a trade down is available an another team activily pursues it, i do think Marv would be shy to pull the trigger (i think the key is the other team initiating the trade, rather then marv deciding that he wants to trade down himself). All in all- I would be VERY happy if we trade down and get Puz and an addiotional second round pick. However, if we stay there and get Branch or Okoye I would be estactic also. Personally, I'm not sold on Hall or Lynch. I'd rather get a CB and RB in rounds 2 and/or 3...

2a. Michael Bush RB

3b. David Irons CB

Funny, My personal "fantasy draft" is very similar but with a few different players. Here are two varaitions of what i'd like to see

1. Branch (DT)/Okoye (DT) - first prefernece Okoye

2. Puz (OLB)/Damion Huyghs (CB) - Both are projected as late first rounders, but Hughyes is slipping after running a slow 40 at the combine but is a perfect cover 2 corner

3a. Kenny Irons (RB)/Tony Hunt (RB)

3b.Brian Leonard (FB)

Or

1. Okoye (DT)/Branch (DT)

1a. Puz (OLB) (Trade back into 1st with second and the third you get from Mcgahee trade)

3. Kenny Irons (RB)/Tony Hunt (RB)

Day two needs: FB, CB

if we drafted 2 running backs in one round we would be the laughing stock of the league

who cares? who really cares who is "laughing" at us? if we have needs, we address those needs when possible...

why do people care about being the "laughing stock"? people scoffed at the Whitner pick and he turned out to be better than Huff...

who cares? who really cares who is "laughing" at us? if we have needs, we address those needs when possible...

why do people care about being the "laughing stock"? people scoffed at the Whitner pick and he turned out to be better than Huff...

i would laugh at us, its unrealistic, if we draft one running back then we already addressed the need, why would u draft another. If the Bills traded up into the mccargo spot last year and drafted another safety, wouldnt you be wondering what the hell is going on

i would laugh at us, its unrealistic, if we draft one running back then we already addressed the need, why would u draft another. If the Bills traded up into the mccargo spot last year and drafted another safety, wouldnt you be wondering what the hell is going on

we DID draft 2 safeties last year... not in the same round but whats the dif?

both of them ended up starting most of (or the entire) season.

if McGahee is gone, that means that Shaud is really our only running back right now. why wouldnt we take 2?

we only have 3 CBs on the roster right now too, unless we sign a FA we may be taking 2 of those as well...

i think the only "laughable" thing is when you guys put these "rules" on how teams should draft. you draft what you need, and the best talent possible at those needs.

Petey cares! This is the stuff of nightmares to him. I'm still waiting on Petey to offer up something substantive here.

we DID draft 2 safeties last year... not in the same round but whats the dif?

both of them ended up starting most of (or the entire) season.

if McGahee is gone, that means that Shaud is really our only running back right now. why wouldnt we take 2?

we only have 3 CBs on the roster right now too, unless we sign a FA we may be taking 2 of those as well...

i think the only "laughable" thing is when you guys put these "rules" on how teams should draft. you draft what you need, and the best talent possible at those needs.

I am saying in the same round. We did draft two safeties, but there are two safety positions, as well as 2 corners on the field. It's safe to say Bush And Irons wouldnt be running out of the same backfield at the same time. Why wouldnt we draft a RB in the same round? Money Issues. The talent level is the same and we would be paying virtually the same amount for both. Why would we pay for another gay at the same position we wont use? Yeah they might split time, but what if this would turn into another RB controversy in Buffalo? Or what if we end up releasing one of them a year or two later? It would be a wasted pick to draft two guys in the same round who play the same positon. If there was a talent dropoff, like if we drafted another RB in the 6th round id be okay with that, if all of our other needs were addressed.

I like keeping Willis, and drafting at #12, then again in the 2nd and 3rd. I think that makes us a better football team. LB and CB on day one, with a DT possible, but individual picks decided based on the guys we like the best who are available when we pick, not based on a pre planned wish list.

Don't get so caught up with our 2008 running back. 2007 Willis playing for his big contract (one chance only for most RBs) behind our new line is better football value than we can get trading and drafting.

Stand pat Marv! Get the best players available Marv! Go Bills!