how about we draft marshaun lynch

if we got marshaun and resigned a-train

and hopefully pick up griffith off FA

we would have a stacked backfield

Im going to have to point out its spelt Marshawn. Don't mean to be a prick but you're oppinion loses come credibility when you misspell the player's name that your advising the bills to draft. 12 would be way too high for him IMO, but the good news is he had a terrible combine with many of the other RB's out performing him in shuttles and cone drills. Also I could see his attitude being a bit of question mark that might effect his draft status (he had charges of assault and battery filed against him that were later dropped because lack of evidence, the woman claimed he choked her and sexually assaulted her) secondly the clip of him drivig around in the golf cart after the win although hillarious sort of of points to a me a first attitude something that some GM's see as warning signs. Recently scouts have criticized his up right running style. All im saying is these perceived criticisms of Lynch might make him a candidate for a spectacular fall of his draft stock eg. Lendale White and somehow he could be available when the bills pick at 43 ( although i highly doubt it) or the bills could trade up to the late first rd if they wanted to get him.

I like the fact he is just turning 21 (apri 22ndl) has been a durable back over his career at Cal without taking too much of beating and he is an excellent receiver out of the back field. Defintely a guy to keep an eye on.

Recently scouts have criticized his up right running style.

This is the reason why I have not been as high on Marshawn Lynch as others. I just think at the pro level he'll have to learn to run at a lower pad level or he will be injured early into his career like chris brown for instance. Someone like lynch is not someone I'd honestly like to see shoulder a full load his rookie year. I know he has big play capability, but I'd rather see him split carries and be brought along slowly and taught the nuances of the game, route running, running at a lower pad level and picking up the blitz. Personaly I'd still much prefer to keep mcgahee for this year take okoye or patrick willis at 12. Take someone like Lorenzo Booker in the 3rd or 4th rd, and wait till 08 to nab a rb in a rb heavy draft.

This is the reason why I have not been as high on Marshawn Lynch as others. I just think at the pro level he'll have to learn to run at a lower pad level or he will be injured early into his career like chris brown for instance. Someone like lynch is not someone I'd honestly like to see shoulder a full load his rookie year. I know he has big play capability, but I'd rather see him split carries and be brought along slowly and taught the nuances of the game, route running, running at a lower pad level and picking up the blitz. Personaly I'd still much prefer to keep mcgahee for this year take okoye or patrick willis at 12. Take someone like Lorenzo Booker in the 3rd or 4th rd, and wait till 08 to nab a rb in a rb heavy draft.

This year is not the year to take RB early. Besides Peterson, I don't see a RB worthy of a first round pick. Give me Booker at the end of day one, and I'll be happy. Otherwise, lets concentrate on building the youngest D in the league.

The Bills current RBs, including FBs, are:

Willis McGahee

Shaud Williams

Fred Jackson

Guys, that's not much. If McGahee is traded as expected, I'd say that's easily the biggest hole on the roster. Even if Anthony Thomas is re-signed, I'd still think the Bills would give Lynch very strong consideration, as Thomas is little more than a decent backup and spot starter.

It would be pointless to add the three lineman to the offense, and then not have a decent running back.

They are gonna add a new RB (if Willis is gone). I hope they use the 1st on a back, and the rest on defense.

Im going to have to point out its spelt Marshawn. Don't mean to be a prick but you're oppinion loses come credibility when you misspell the player's name that your advising the bills to draft. 12 would be way too high for him IMO, but the good news is he had a terrible combine with many of the other RB's out performing him in shuttles and cone drills. Also I could see his attitude being a bit of question mark that might effect his draft status (he had charges of assault and battery filed against him that were later dropped because lack of evidence, the woman claimed he choked her and sexually assaulted her) secondly the clip of him drivig around in the golf cart after the win although hillarious sort of of points to a me a first attitude something that some GM's see as warning signs. Recently scouts have criticized his up right running style. All im saying is these perceived criticisms of Lynch might make him a candidate for a spectacular fall of his draft stock eg. Lendale White and somehow he could be available when the bills pick at 43 ( although i highly doubt it) or the bills could trade up to the late first rd if they wanted to get him.

I like the fact he is just turning 21 (apri 22ndl) has been a durable back over his career at Cal without taking too much of beating and he is an excellent receiver out of the back field. Defintely a guy to keep an eye on.

I don't judge credibility based on typing skills. I am not going to call into question his character based on dropped charges, especially ones dropped due to lack of evidence. That usually means that there was no crime, either that or Marshawn is a criminal master-mind who managed to pull off the perfect crime. I hope all these questions about Lynch continue and snowball right up to the draft. Maybe he will be there in the second. Kind of like all that talk about Thurman from those GM's and scouts who thought it was a good idea to pass on him on draft day.

It would be pointless to add the three lineman to the offense, and then not have a decent running back.

They are gonna add a new RB (if Willis is gone). I hope they use the 1st on a back, and the rest on defense.

IF Willis is gone, they will have to do something. I think that would put them in a position where they would be looking to get the best combination of draftees they can in the first three rounds at ILB, RB and maybe CB. I don't think Marv is as worried about CB as we are. We didn't draft Ashton Y. to play special teams and K.Thomas was a pleasant surprise last year. On top of that, CB is a lot deeper in this draft than ILB. I think they will be weighing Patrick Willis and Lynch with the major factor being how much they like the guys they think will be there in the second at those two positions.

Terrible combine....he ran a 4.46...that is not terrible

Get a CLUE . He looked damn good at the combine that I was watching.I do remember a back with a similar running style.Ahh I think his name was Eric Dickerson,ever heard of him??Eddie George,Larry Johnson are a couple more. Get a Clue boy.

I don't judge credibility based on typing skills. I am not going to call into question his character based on dropped charges, especially ones dropped due to lack of evidence. That usually means that there was no crime, either that or Marshawn is a criminal master-mind who managed to pull off the perfect crime. I hope all these questions about Lynch continue and snowball right up to the draft. Maybe he will be there in the second. Kind of like all that talk about Thurman from those GM's and scouts who thought it was a good idea to pass on him on draft day.
Typing Skills would imply a typo, I think he just misspelt his name since he did it once in the topic title and once in the post. I don't mean to nitpick its just I think a lot of people just spend 1/2 hr day googling "top running back prospects" and immediately they're draft experts.

Lynch is considered to be the second-best back in the draft, and unless he goes on a shooting spree during his team interviews that won't change. It's worth reiterating that Lynch was never arrested, but sometimes accusations -- unfairly -- can follow a guy through the whole draft process.
AOL Sports Blog

Read my post: Not once did I say i wouldn't draft him based on his character all i said was his stock could be falling due to the accusations + golf cart driving spree (which i thought was hillarious) GM and scouts inspect these prospects with a fine tooth comb and it doesn't take much to start a free fall.

Terrible combine....he ran a 4.46...that is not terrible

Get a CLUE . He looked damn good at the combine that I was watching.I do remember a back with a similar running style.Ahh I think his name was Eric Dickerson,ever heard of him??Eddie George,Larry Johnson are a couple more. Get a Clue boy.

Players who dropped

2. Marshawn Lynch, Cal, RB

Another who came to Indy as his position's number two and faltered a little. This is the time of year when teams start poking holes in players and Lynch, who could be a splendid receiver at his position in the NFL, slipped a little because he trailed guys like Henry and Auburn's Kenny Irons in several categories.

There is no question that Lynch may fit some team's west-coast offense, but he doesn't look like a Top 20 player today. His up-right running style is being criticized now, too.

Combine Winners & Losers

some of Lynch's combine results:

Group 6 (RB) -- Top Five Results: 60 Shuttle

1.Kenny Irons Auburn 11.47

2. Chris Henry 11.51

3. Briand Leonards 11.59

4. Nate Ilaoa 11.78

5. Marshawn Lynch 11.80

Group 6 (RB) -- Top 10 Results: Three Cone

1. Garrett Wolfe - 6.69

2. Ahmad Bradshaw - 6.70

3. Antonio Pittman - 6.84

4. Brian Leonard - 6.88

5. Chris Henry Arizona - 6.96

6. Ramonce Taylor - 6.98

7. Kenny Irons - 7.00

8. Brandon Jackson - 7.00

9. Marshawn Lynch - 7.05

10. Jason Snelling - 7.06

Group 6 (RB) -- Top Five Results: 20 Shuttle

1. Garrett Wolfe - 4.08

2. Ahmad Bradshaw - 4.09

3. Chris Henry - 4.14

4. Brandon Jackson - 4.14

5. Antonio Pittman - 4.16

N/A Marshawn Lynch

Group 6 (RB) -- Top 10 Results: Vertical Jump

1. Darius Walker - 40 1/2

2. Adrian Peterson - 38 1/2

3. Kenny Irons - 38

4. Kolby Smith - 38

5. Cory Anderson - 37

6. Brandon Jackson - 37

7. Thomas Clayton - 36 1/2

8. Chris Henry - 36

9. (tie) Marshawn Lynch - 35 1/2

10. Eldra Buckley 35 1/2

Group 6 (RB) -- Top 10 Results: Broad Jump

1. Chris Henry - 10'7"

2. Adrian Peterson - 10'7"

3. Marshawn Lynch - 10'5"

4. Ramonce Taylor - 10'5"

5. Keny Irons - 10'3"

6. Antonio Pittman - 10'3"

7. Darius Walker - 10'3"

8. Brandon Jackson - 10'2"

9. Brian Leonard - 10'2"

10. Lorenzo Booker - 10'1"

Group 6 (RB) -- Top 10 Results: 40-Yard Dash

1. Chris Henry - 4.40

2. Adrian Peterson - 4.40

3. Antonio Pittman - 4.40

4. Kenny Irons - 4.45

5. Lorenzo Booker 4.46

6. Marshawn Lynch 4.46

7. DeShawn Wynn 4.48

8. Alonzo Coleman 4.49

9. Ramonce Taylor 4.50

10. Kolby Smith 4.51

Combine Results

The only event where he was near the top of his group was the the Broad Jump(3rd). The cone drills and shuttles which are vital for RB since they measure speed and agility coordination eg. how well you can cut Lynch was consistently in the the bottom tier of performers . Vertical was poor, his forty was middle of the pack. All im saying is if Lynch is supposed to be the consensus # 2 his combine results didn't show it, moreover his compettition K. Irons, C. Henry and A. Pittman consistently out performed him in drills.

Lastly I think you guys are misinterpreting my original post: Not once did i say "don't draft Lynch he sucks". All I said was 12 is too high for him IMO. I went on to say I like his age, durability & recieving skills & he would be a steal if he somehow fell to (43) moreover i added maybe the bills could trade up to the late 1st round to get him.I agree with you guys that if his draft stock started plummeting it would be a good thing becuase he is the #2 RB IMO and it would increase the bill's chances of getting him. Please read the entire scope of a post before you get your panties in a knot. My post was neither a whole hearted endorsement of Marshawn's skill nor a complete dismissal of Lynch's ability to become an elite back in this league. i think it was a balanced assesment of an intriguing prospect. Also look up the word perceived in a dictionary.

Typing Skills would imply a typo, I think he just misspelt his name since he did it once in the topic title and once in the post. I don't mean to nitpick its just I think a lot of people just spend 1/2 hr day googling "top running back prospects" and immediately they're draft experts.

AOL Sports Blog Read my post: Not once did I say i wouldn't draft him based on his character all i said was his stock could be falling due to the accusations + golf cart driving spree (which i thought was hillarious) GM and scouts inspect these prospects with a fine tooth comb and it doesn't take much to start a free fall.

Players who dropped

Combine Winners & Losers

some of Lynch's combine results:

Group 6 (RB) -- Top Five Results: 60 Shuttle

1.Kenny Irons Auburn 11.47

2. Chris Henry 11.51

3. Briand Leonards 11.59

4. Nate Ilaoa 11.78

5. Marshawn Lynch 11.80

Group 6 (RB) -- Top 10 Results: Three Cone

1. Garrett Wolfe - 6.69

2. Ahmad Bradshaw - 6.70

3. Antonio Pittman - 6.84

4. Brian Leonard - 6.88

5. Chris Henry Arizona - 6.96

6. Ramonce Taylor - 6.98

7. Kenny Irons - 7.00

8. Brandon Jackson - 7.00

9. Marshawn Lynch - 7.05

10. Jason Snelling - 7.06

Group 6 (RB) -- Top Five Results: 20 Shuttle

1. Garrett Wolfe - 4.08

2. Ahmad Bradshaw - 4.09

3. Chris Henry - 4.14

4. Brandon Jackson - 4.14

5. Antonio Pittman - 4.16

N/A Marshawn Lynch

Group 6 (RB) -- Top 10 Results: Vertical Jump

1. Darius Walker - 40 1/2

2. Adrian Peterson - 38 1/2

3. Kenny Irons - 38

4. Kolby Smith - 38

5. Cory Anderson - 37

6. Brandon Jackson - 37

7. Thomas Clayton - 36 1/2

8. Chris Henry - 36

9. (tie) Marshawn Lynch - 35 1/2

10. Eldra Buckley 35 1/2

Group 6 (RB) -- Top 10 Results: Broad Jump

1. Chris Henry - 10'7"

2. Adrian Peterson - 10'7"

3. Marshawn Lynch - 10'5"

4. Ramonce Taylor - 10'5"

5. Keny Irons - 10'3"

6. Antonio Pittman - 10'3"

7. Darius Walker - 10'3"

8. Brandon Jackson - 10'2"

9. Brian Leonard - 10'2"

10. Lorenzo Booker - 10'1"

Group 6 (RB) -- Top 10 Results: 40-Yard Dash

1. Chris Henry - 4.40

2. Adrian Peterson - 4.40

3. Antonio Pittman - 4.40

4. Kenny Irons - 4.45

5. Lorenzo Booker 4.46

6. Marshawn Lynch 4.46

7. DeShawn Wynn 4.48

8. Alonzo Coleman 4.49

9. Ramonce Taylor 4.50

10. Kolby Smith 4.51

Combine Results

The only event where he was near the top of his group was the the Broad Jump(3rd). The cone drills and shuttles which are vital for RB since they measure speed and agility coordination eg. how well you can cut Lynch was consistently in the the bottom tier of performers . Vertical was poor, his forty was middle of the pack. All im saying is if Lynch is supposed to be the consensus # 2 his combine results didn't show it, moreover his compettition K. Irons, C. Henry and A. Pittman consistently out performed him in drills.

Lastly I think you guys are misinterpreting my original post: Not once did i say "don't draft Lynch he sucks". All I said was 12 is too high for him IMO. I went on to say I like his age, durability & recieving skills & he would be a steal if he somehow fell to (43) moreover i added maybe the bills could trade up to the late 1st round to get him.I agree with you guys that if his draft stock started plummeting it would be a good thing becuase he is the #2 RB IMO and it would increase the bill's chances of getting him. Please read the entire scope of a post before you get your panties in a knot. My post was neither a whole hearted endorsement of Marshawn's skill nor a complete dismissal of Lynch's ability to become an elite back in this league. Also look up the word perceived in a dictionary.

according to that forget lynch how about Chris Henry.