Pats sign Adalius Thomas

They also signed Kyle Brady, according to the article.

Oh, and look at this possible payday:

But Thomas, who played for Belichick in the Pro Bowl last month, almost certainly will be one of the highest-paid players in free agency. Rated by ESPN.com as the No. 2 unrestricted player available, Thomas figures to land guarantees totaling at least $15 million. There is speculation the contract will average $10 million per year.

That is a lot of dough, especially in the Pats' locker room.

Yeah, but they're going to lose Daniel Graham who appears ready to sign with the Broncos. Losing Graham will hurt their passing game though Brady should help their run game.

Yeah, but they're going to lose Daniel Graham who appears ready to sign with the Broncos. Losing Graham will hurt their passing game though Brady should help their run game.

No it won't. He only caught 21 balls last season. He was used primarily for blocking.

The Pats have Ben Watson & Dave Thomas. Both are a bigger downfield threat then Graham.

They also signed Sammy Morris. Hmmm, the Pats are acting very uncharacteristically.

Actually, I am of the opinion that the Patriots are acting just like themselves. Here is a post I made on a Pats board:

"This offseason has been classic BB/Pioli so far. Every move has been centered around filling a need with an appropriate player:

- We get toasted in the second half of the AFCC game because of our lack of LBs who can cover, so we sign a LB athletic enough to play CB and S.

- We lose our best blocking TE, so we sign a TE who's like an extra OT when he's on the field.

- We lose our complement to Maroney, but also want Maroney to assume a bigger role next year, so we sign a capable back who won't mind taking a back seat to the kid.

- Our quick slot WR/PR/jack of all trades is on the verge of retirement, so we're considering signing his 10-year-younger equivalent.

All of these moves make PERFECT SENSE. That's really all you can ask for."

The beauty of the Patriots FO is that they have a vision of what they want their team to be like, and they will use every avenue to get there - high-priced free agency, bargain-basement free agency, the draft, post-June 1st free agency. They reassess every year which is the best path of pursuit.

The beauty of the Patriots FO is that they have a vision of what they want their team to be like, and they will use every avenue to get there - high-priced free agency, bargain-basement free agency, the draft, post-June 1st free agency. They reassess every year which is the best path of pursuit.

The beauty of the Bills FO is that they now, Thank God, have the same vision. We're coming for you. :thumbsup: Our DEs are licking their chops.

Dislocated Kneecap, torn ACL/MCL, caused by Langston Walker.

I don't like agreeing with a Pats' fan, but that is a classless statement, serious or not. I don't think anyone should wish an injury on anyone, regardless of who he plays for.

Not to mention that is bad juju.

Oh, and look at this possible payday:

That is a lot of dough, especially in the Pats' locker room.

Hope they didn't pay a lot for Kyle Brady. A bit long in the tooth at 35

I'd like to see the contract numbers. I've read $15-20M signing bonus and close to $10M a year. If true, that's insane for a guy who will be 30 before the season starts. :cry:

BTW, speaking of Kyle Brady, isn't he the player who Belichick was salivating over in the 1995, and who went ballistic when the Jets took him before he could? Well I guess he finally got him...12 years later. Ah, requited love.

Adam Schefter of the NFL Network is reporting that the numbers as $37.5 million over 5 years. No word on the guaranteed money, but he does note that Thomas will receive $24 million in the contract's first three years.

Lets get Pioli on a conference call; we've set him up pretty well for the start of Free Agency and we should see to it that he finishes this properly. 8 p.m. work for you?