Patrick Willis

Well, I have been doing my homework. Patrick Willis 6'2 240 Ole Miss. The more I read on this guy the more I like. While he has posted around 3-5 sacks a year, he is a tackling machine. The more I read the more he reminds me of A.J. Hawk, all over the field. I agree he needs to bulk up 10-15 lbs. I think he is a perfect replacement for London Fletcher, just taller. Therefore giving him ability to cover tight ends crossing the middle. If our Dt's can come around, apposing teams will have to worry about getting past this guy. MArv please land this guy.

The two things I took away from the press conference on Feb 16th was that Marv didn't like the OL and LB play. Looks like the OL was addressed. That leaves LB and it seems like he is the logical pick although I wouldn't be disappointed with an OLB, WR or CB. I hope we trade down this year because we could use another first day pick. With the activity this year Marv & co are saying we'll deal. Hopefully they'll leave enough doubt in other GM's minds that someone will not take a chance and trade up.

I think the conversion to their flavor of the cover 2 will be almost complete this year.

Patrick Willis is a speed demon for a MLB. He flies to the ball, usually already well into pursuit along the line of scrimmage before an interior lineman can reach him. His speed will also allow him to be effective in pass defense.

He attacks the line of scrimmage, which is exactly what Marv was saying he is looking for in his linebackers. He seems like a natural selection for us. I really hope his stock doesn't rise any higher, or we may not be able there anymore when we pick.

Oh, and he loves to hit.

you do realize that patrick willis said the bills were one of the teams that didn't interview him at the combine.

I did not know that. Where did you hear that?

Each team will bring some potential draftees to their own complex for an in-depth interview and medical evaluation. Maybe Marv will feed PW some wings and Genny Cream Ale.

you do realize that patrick willis said the bills were one of the teams that didn't interview him at the combine.

Doesn't mean much... The Bills took another player in the first round that they didn't interview at all at the combine. The name escapes me, but I think it was Lee Evans. Could be seen as a tactic that states, "we are not interested in this player" but in reality, the player is the number one target on the board.

I did not know that. Where did you hear that?

Each team will bring some potential draftees to their own complex for an in-depth interview and medical evaluation. Maybe Marv will feed PW some wings and Genny Cream Ale.

i got that from the scouting combine interview on the bills official site on bills vision.i tried to copy and paste it but maybe you cant with a video?but it is there.its the one about amobe and willis

Doesn't mean much... The Bills took another player in the first round that they didn't interview at all at the combine. The name escapes me, but I think it was Lee Evans. Could be seen as a tactic that states, "we are not interested in this player" but in reality, the player is the number one target on the board.

that was also td not marv levy.......marv puts alot more stock in character...and i am not saying anything bad about patrick willis just saying it dosnt seem like the way marv operates.i like patrick willis as well,i dont see him being there at #12 that is why i like paul posluszny from penn state.i just feel we will go best athlete available with our pick.which meansa cn leon hall or a dt amobe or even a trade up for adrian peterson,thats the beauty the bills can do almost anything this draft and it will be all good.the penn stae lb can be real good and he is probably a 2nd rounder.

i got that from the scouting combine interview on the bills official site on bills vision.i tried to copy and paste it but maybe you cant with a video?but it is there.its the one about amobe and willis
I remember when he said that, according to Chris Brown's blag at the time, and it was before the main evening of LB interviews. I don't know if the Bills interviewed him later, but there was still an evening and a day and a half left in the combine at that point. Also, it is pretty widly known that Willis is indeed a high-character guy.

Did you read this about him? Link

I remember when he said that, according to Chris Brown's blag at the time, and it was before the main evening of LB interviews. I don't know if the Bills interviewed him later, but there was still an evening and a day and a half left in the combine at that point. Also, it is pretty widly known that Willis is indeed a high-character guy.

Did you read this about him? Link

thanks a very nice read...like i said i never said anything bad about patrick willis and you are right that was early in the combine.i guess i am biased because besides the buffalo bills i love penn stae for college football.i really think posluszny is gonna be one of those great blue collar type players that buffalo fans can associate with.he already plays in the cold at penn state and that to me is a big plus,but we cant go wrong with patrick willis either.

thanks a very nice read...like i said i never said anything bad about patrick willis and you are right that was early in the combine.i guess i am biased because besides the buffalo bills i love penn stae for college football.i really think posluszny is gonna be one of those great blue collar type players that buffalo fans can associate with.he already plays in the cold at penn state and that to me is a big plus,but we cant go wrong with patrick willis either.

What are the chances of trading Willis and TKO and using some good draft picks to end up with both these guys? Now that would be awesome!!!!!