Kelly donates 20 G

While watching the sabres game last night Rob Ray was at his normal spot between the two benches and they showed Kelly and his wife Jill in the crowd. He went on to say that a recent charity event Ryan Miller donated 20 grand and Jim stood up and unexpectantly did the same thing. However it was so loud when Ray was talking that it hard to hear all the details. Did anyone catch this?

Again Jimbo gets all the bad publicity but he is still living here, attending local events and still donating his money to good causes.

While watching the sabres game last night Rob Ray was at his normal spot between the two benches and they showed Kelly and his wife Jill in the crowd. He went on to say that a recent charity event Ryan Miller donated 20 grand and Jim stood up and unexpectantly did the same thing. However it was so loud when Ray was talking that it hard to hear all the details. Did anyone catch this?

Again Jimbo gets all the bad publicity but he is still living here, attending local events and still donating his money to good causes.

With his wealth, that's like one of us kicking in $5

When does he get bad PR? He has gotten great PR since retiring and is beloved in this area. He has matured and has become a very good spokesman for leukodystrophies b/c of Hunter and is a great ambassador for the area. He still lives here, hosts Thurman when he comes back and is active in charity. 20G is still 20G and is generous regardless. Way to go Jimbo. JP will make more in his next contract than Jim did during his whole career!

true but there are tons of guys who could afford to kick in a 5 that wouldnt lol

I don't know why that is. Do they think the $5 isn't worth it to the charity? Or do they think the big cats should do it? Either way, they do miss the point, their $5 counts and it does help. It is usually the $5 that the old folks fork over that gets things done.

Why are we attacking a RETIRED player from about 10 years ago for donating money? People are saying 20 G's is small for Kelly, what about Miller donating 20G's? He just got a new contract and has probably made close to what Kelly has, shouldn't people go after him instead? he's the one with the steady [aycheck still coming in

* Disclaimer - this was not an attack against Miller or anybody donating money. What they did was great no matter how much they donated

I believe it was a donation to Ryan Millers foundation he has, I believe they said it happened at the fashion show fundraiser thing Miller thru a couple weeeks ago

Exactly. I posted thread this because I have always been a fan of Kelly from his playing days and the fact that he still to this day doesnt hesitate to open his checkbook for a good cause. Last month many people were quick to point out that he was at a superbowl party this year and had a few cocktails. Only negative things seem to get posted so I thought I would post something positive.

Exactly. I posted thread this because I have always been a fan of Kelly from his playing days and the fact that he still to this day doesnt hesitate to open his checkbook for a good cause. Last month many people were quick to point out that he was at a superbowl party this year and had a few cocktails. Only negative things seem to get posted so I thought I would post something positive.

Well, positive thoughts are NOT appeciated around here!

:cry:

I still like Kelly too. So, he is not perfect, so what?

I will never understand people. :cry: