Why the critics? I WANT EVERYONE TO READ THIS!!!

Why are there people here saying that the Bills move to sign 3 linemen is a worse decision than keeping Clements? Why? Is it because of the money we spent on the guys. That's what I'm hearing. Is it because for the same amount of money we paid these 3 linemen we could have got Clements back? That's what I'm hearing.

WHY???????

I just don't get it. You people really don't understand what's just happened. Yes, we did lose a great player but we got 3 quality players in return. 3! The CB was is not the heart of the problem on the Bills. The problem was the o-line and it's been for years. NOW, we finally have a good o-line and people just complain about how we overpaid for an GREAT o-line that will protect Jp, help out whoever will be our RB by creating holes, and help this team to be a top 10 team on offense possibly.

I really don't understand how you can complain over this. We sacrificed a great deal of money here to put together a top 10 line and still people complain. How? Why? It's doesn't make sense. Now instead of worrying how are we going to fix the o-line now we can concentrate on building the defense.

I really don't care that we spent enough money on 3 players that would could have had Clements back. To tell you the truth Clements wasn't all that great. He blew a lot of deep passes and couldn't cover well during the 1st half of the season. I don't understand why you would waste over $80 million trying to get 1 player back that really isn't going to help the team much. Now we got 3 key players that will help the offense which we've struggled on more than the defense. We've been OK on defense even when Clements was here. We can always get Leon Hall to fill in his position.

Those of you are criticizing the Bills actually making a splash this year in FA and actually trying to improve the team, should go find another team to root for. Buffalo is not your team. You're not a true supporter of a playoff calibur team now. You have no faith in Marv, Wilson, or the team for that matter. LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!

It was stated before that in FA we get middle, if not "fill in" or "depth" players through FA, but I agree.

We may have lost Nate and London, but there's no proof that a younger, more able player could fill in at CB or MLB (Crowell or Ashton) who knows the system.

I Billieve, everyone here should Billieve without doubt.

I am all about the moves so far!!! It has been years since we took a whole hearted approach at fixing the OL.

Just quash the Spikes trade and everything in B land is good.

I am willing to bet we will sign Kawukee and hopefully another #2 cb and let's see what McGee, Yabooty, Thomas, Greer & #5 or a drafted cb in camp. I am sure that one of these cats will step up and rise above the rest and step up to fill the void.

KEEP SPIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No Need for this crap, Unless Dr. Andrews knows something we do not; once he is 100%, he will regain his spot as the best player on this team :devil:

Dockery is a good pickup- Whittle is a inexpensive backup and thats cool- Langston Walker is a mistake and we could have done better- the only problem I have with Nate is we should have trade him a year ago- as for giving the Bills the Benefit of the Doubt- I don't give that that to the President or Congress or the Bills because none of them have earned it.

I think that someone got his billeriod today and is upset over it.

Seriously LSI, nothing wrong with a bit of hopeful skepticism, with this bunch over here if you get a remark that is short of hateful then it should be taken as a complement.

I would. I think Porter's leadership and heart would be stabilizing with the loss of LFB. Oh yeah, and he can still play.

No way do we sign Porter. He played in the 3-4 pretty much his entire career. I could see him going to BAL to replace Adalius Thomas.

Good opening post. I agree. Lets get a little positive. Yeah its been tough but this negative talk doesn't help anyone. Go Bills.

I really don't think this board's "negative" talk is going to have any effect on the field in the fall. The team hasn't made the playoffs in about a decade so to see skepticism on at least two of the three pick-ups is just honest criticism, I think all of us want the same thing. A SuperBowl VICTORY. Go Bills !!

P.S. Even if we only signed Dockery , it was a great day.

Bottom Line: with Nate and Fletcher, even thought they were good players, we never won with them. So why break the bank to keep them and not take a chance on improving other aspects of the the team, mainly a O-line fans have cried about for years? I mean until the 2nd half of 2006, most on this board labeled Nate as being over rated. While I think he is a good player there is no way I would have wanted the Bills to sign him to the contract the 49ers did. I wish we could have kept Fletcher even more but again why pay an aging MLB top money when your team is not one player from being competitve?

I think that both Nate and Fletcher are replaceable. On a scale of 1 to 10 they are maybe 8 to 8.5 type players who are now paid like 10'. I like the moves in that if Youbouty or a replacement MLB (either via the draft or Crowell) steps in and plays well, maybe at a 7 level then we may have improved this team tremendously with young talent. But I don't think that with Nate or Fletcher on this team signed with big money would have made the Bills any better next year - except on Madden!

Why are there people here saying that the Bills move to sign 3 linemen is a worse decision than keeping Clements? Why? Is it because of the money we spent on the guys. That's what I'm hearing. Is it because for the same amount of money we paid these 3 linemen we could have got Clements back? That's what I'm hearing.

WHY???????

I just don't get it. You people really don't understand what's just happened. Yes, we did lose a great player but we got 3 quality players in return. 3! The CB was is not the heart of the problem on the Bills. The problem was the o-line and it's been for years. NOW, we finally have a good o-line and people just complain about how we overpaid for an GREAT o-line that will protect Jp, help out whoever will be our RB by creating holes, and help this team to be a top 10 team on offense possibly.

I really don't understand how you can complain over this. We sacrificed a great deal of money here to put together a top 10 line and still people complain. How? Why? It's doesn't make sense. Now instead of worrying how are we going to fix the o-line now we can concentrate on building the defense.

I really don't care that we spent enough money on 3 players that would could have had Clements back. To tell you the truth Clements wasn't all that great. He blew a lot of deep passes and couldn't cover well during the 1st half of the season. I don't understand why you would waste over $80 million trying to get 1 player back that really isn't going to help the team much. Now we got 3 key players that will help the offense which we've struggled on more than the defense. We've been OK on defense even when Clements was here. We can always get Leon Hall to fill in his position.

Those of you are criticizing the Bills actually making a splash this year in FA and actually trying to improve the team, should go find another team to root for. Buffalo is not your team. You're not a true supporter of a playoff calibur team now. You have no faith in Marv, Wilson, or the team for that matter. LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!

i agree with your post lsi and i would take it a step further.we were never going to be able to resign nate clements.we can still win 7 to 8 games a year with or without him,but a good offense is also a good defense.if we have a killer offensive line we can run the damn ball and have 8 minute drives.with our great special teams what that means is we will control the clock and our defense will be on the field about 6 to 9 minutes less a game which will keep them fresher.i also feel that fixing the o-line in free agency will enable the bills to focus on the defense with this years defensive rich college draft.go bills in"07

Marv Levy understands that the game is won or lost in the trenches. That's terrific. I don't think the last GM grasped that.

However, I hope we continue to have conflicting viewpoints on this board. If everyone agreed, it would make for pretty dull reading.

I think what part of the problem people have with these signings is the teams they are coming from.. Neither team (Washington, Oakland) we necessarily good.. Awful to be quite honest. But, signing players doesn't equal success (i.e. spikes/sam adams/london fletcher/jeff posey/the hamburgler). I could understand the questioning of these signings, as I myself feel skepticism.. But, no matter what any fan says, they don't know if these will help us or not. So, I am going to save my opinions until after the players play.

I think what part of the problem people have with these signings is the teams they are coming from.. Neither team (Washington, Oakland) we necessarily good.. Awful to be quite honest. But, signing players doesn't equal success (i.e. spikes/sam adams/london fletcher/jeff posey/the hamburgler). I could understand the questioning of these signings, as I myself feel skepticism.. But, no matter what any fan says, they don't know if these will help us or not. So, I am going to save my opinions until after the players play.

I believe the Redskins were pretty high in the running dept. and Dockery is well thought of. But the other two don't excite me much. However, with three solid linemen(Peters,Dockery, and Fowler), the Bills need two more to step up and they COULD be dominant. Get a running game going and no telling how good Evans. Parish and company can be. Go Bills!

Most of the people that are bitching don't have 1/1000th of the football acumen of the Bills current staff. They like to B word because it makes them feel intelligent and this forum gives them a place where they can have their 15 minutes of fame, or so they think.

The reality is these toons are no different from trolls like ICE. They're not interested in intelligent discourse, they bring nothing to the table and their posts aren't worth reading.

WHY???????

I agree with you toatally. As much as I would have liked to have kept clements the truth is this team cannot afford to pay one player 80 mill. Essentially we got 3 players in return for 75 mil and mostm of our draft pool of 5 mill which is another 6-7 players for the price of one. I think it was smart for our team we finally adressed the weak offensive line. People who know this team knows we let go of our high priced corners and we plug in rookies to replace them such as clements, winfield, mcgee. People seem to also forget the impact sam cowart had a ML whn he was a rookie unti he tore his achilles. They are sppending smart to give us a competive team Just because a player isnt making 10 mil a year on our team does not mean we are going to suck.